Alan Pardew

JH

Isn't the most important thing that the manager gets us good results, which he is? He can't be held responsible for not being given money to spend and the incompetency of those above him.

Don't feed us bullshit about getting players in 100% or key players staying then. He should shut his f***ing mouth.

He may have been assured from the higher ups that we were getting players in, so he thought what he was saying could be true? Perhaps he shouldn't have said it, I don't know. That's not going to lose us points though is it.

If you believe that we'll maintain this start then fair play to you, but I can see things turning very ugly this season. Players have come out saying that they've been treated like shit by the boardroom, fans are sick of being lied to with apathy being set in, St. James Park is supposedly being used as a billboard and made to look ridiculous with the name of the club brought down... It doesn't take much for these things to snowball out of control.

I can normally roll with the ridiculous punches that this regime has thrown out, but it's starting to wear a little too thin for me now.

The stuff that's happening with SJP is a complete joke, making us a laughing stock, there's no two ways about that. I'm not a fan of Llambias or Ashley at all, but I just don't think Pardew has done anything wrong really. There's only so much he's able to do with the cretins above him, but as far as I can see he's doing it well. We've got a good new full back in, and still have Ben Arfa to come back, who'll most likely become one of our best players. I think we'll probably finish 9th-11th in the league, which wouldn't be a bad season, will probably depend on what happens in January though.

i'll tell you what he did wrong. his phone rang.... someone told him that nufc were gonna push out chris hughton at the next opportunity and asked if he'd like to become the next person to pick the team, that he'd have no say on incomings or outgoings and that no matter what happened he wasnt allowed to question the running of the club in public in any way. then he said yes, i'd like to do that. he did that wrong.

I'm sure that's exactly how the phone call went.

Isn't the most important thing that the manager gets us good results, which he is? He can't be held responsible for not being given money to spend and the incompetency of those above him.

Don't feed us bullshit about getting players in 100% or key players staying then. He should shut his f***ing mouth.

You think people would be more positive if he just told it as it is? "I have no idea what MA and DL will do, but I hope they will provide another striker, I'm keeping my fingers crossed"

Short answer: yes

Long answer: At least we wouldnt have been decieved all summer waiting for a player that was never going to arrive.

I don't think the player "was never going to arrive", he just didn't arrive in the end. Those are two very different things.

Now is time to quit Alan, and tell the world about what has been going on. Make the managers job so that nobody else wants it until fat mike goes.

What a great idea, you help Alan clear out his office and I'll get on the phone to Dave Bassett or Colin Todd or even Kinnear. Probably the stupidest post in weeks.

short term pain for long term gain

Guest johnson293

Quit SJP and become a hero  :thup:

No wonder Barton and Nolan left, maybe they were onto something.

Now is time to quit Alan, and tell the world about what has been going on. Make the managers job so that nobody else wants it until fat mike goes.

http://www.expressandstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/joe-kinnear.jpg

He may have been assured from the higher ups that we were getting players in, so he thought what he was saying could be true? Perhaps he shouldn't have said it, I don't know. That's not going to lose us points though is it.

If you believe that we'll maintain this start then fair play to you, but I can see things turning very ugly this season. Players have come out saying that they've been treated like shit by the boardroom, fans are sick of being lied to with apathy being set in, St. James Park is supposedly being used as a billboard and made to look ridiculous with the name of the club brought down... It doesn't take much for these things to snowball out of control.

I can normally roll with the ridiculous punches that this regime has thrown out, but it's starting to wear a little too thin for me now.

The stuff that's happening with SJP is a complete joke, making us a laughing stock, there's no two ways about that. I'm not a fan of Llambias or Ashley at all, but I just don't think Pardew has done anything wrong really. There's only so much he's able to do with the cretins above him, but as far as I can see he's doing it well. We've got a good new full back in, and still have Ben Arfa to come back, who'll most likely become one of our best players. I think we'll probably finish 9th-11th in the league, which wouldn't be a bad season, will probably depend on what happens in January though.

i'll tell you what he did wrong. his phone rang.... someone told him that nufc were gonna push out chris hughton at the next opportunity and asked if he'd like to become the next person to pick the team, that he'd have no say on incomings or outgoings and that no matter what happened he wasnt allowed to question the running of the club in public in any way. then he said yes, i'd like to do that. he did that wrong.

neither of us knows, would you care to offer a more likely account of the negotiations? given what we were told by golfmag and what's actually been going on since he arrived.

I think he's doing a good job in difficult circumstances. I think the mindset needs to be we signed our £10m striker but he got injured in his first training session and will be out for four months. Get on with it.

I don't mind what MA is trying to do to turn around the clubs finances and up to yesterday thought we'd had quite a good transfer window. But in the last week we could have shown a bit of latitude with the spending plans and bought Pieters and Cisse with the Andy Carroll windfall and all enjoyed the feel good factor, the fuller stands and the increased merchandising revenue.

neither of us knows, would you care to offer a more likely account of the negotiations? given what we were told by golfmag and what's actually been going on since he arrived.

I don't have a clue how it would've gone, I never claimed to. I just sincerely doubt that your account of it was accurate. Llambias and Ashley have been spouting shit to everyone since they arrived so I'd imagine that'd be a more likely case when speaking to Pards, pre-appointment.

What a great idea, you help Alan clear out his office and I'll get on the phone to Dave Bassett or Colin Todd or even Kinnear. Probably the stupidest post in weeks.

How does that work? One of those 'remember the 90s' appointments takes us down, as another Ashley puppet/mouthpiece and we'll be stuck there, unless they keel over and JC does a Hughton.

Guest Rainforest

I cant fucking wait for the next press conference, this is gonna be rich.

Any idea if there is any scheduled? Or are they raising a berlin wall of chairs and tables to barr the press doors at st.james?    :troll:

If you believe that we'll maintain this start then fair play to you, but I can see things turning very ugly this season. Players have come out saying that they've been treated like s*** by the boardroom, fans are sick of being lied to with apathy being set in, St. James Park is supposedly being used as a billboard and made to look ridiculous with the name of the club brought down... It doesn't take much for these things to snowball out of control.

Given that most football managers are lined up before their predecessor is removed (and Pardew certainly was) and that no one is ever employed without agreeing to the conditions determined by their employers, what golf mag said was a bit like me saying that it's going to rain next month.

Factually correct but hardly stellar insight.

If you believe that we'll maintain this start then fair play to you, but I can see things turning very ugly this season. Players have come out saying that they've been treated like s*** by the boardroom, fans are sick of being lied to with apathy being set in, St. James Park is supposedly being used as a billboard and made to look ridiculous with the name of the club brought down... It doesn't take much for these things to snowball out of control.

Given that most football managers are lined up before their predecessor is removed (and Pardew certainly was) and that no one is ever employed without agreeing to the conditions determined by their employers, what golf mag said was a bit like me saying that it's going to rain next month.

Agreed. It seemed worse because Ashley is a bastard and Hughton is a nice guy, but it's no more sinister than most managerial appointments other than that IMO.

How would Ashley appointing a different yes man lead to long term gain? Do tell.

Guest Stephen927

Pardew knows his job. Lower the costs of the football club and maintain Premiership status.

I do think when he took the job on he thought he could eventually get Ashley to loosen the purse strings a bit for squad investment.

No chance of him walking away from the biggest job he'll ever get. He'll have to be pushed before he will ever jump. He's getting results in what has been quite a difficult job since taking over from Hughton, he's the best we can hope for really now the rose tinted glasses for Hughton have worn off.

We'll be fine this season, it's just disappointing that there is no real desire to push on for a top 10 finish after last seasons final league standing.

I don't have a clue how it would've gone, I never claimed to. I just sincerely doubt that your account of it was accurate. Llambias and Ashley have been spouting shit to everyone since they arrived so I'd imagine that'd be a more likely case when speaking to Pards, pre-appointment.

ok, well given what we've seen and what we know (the evidence) i dont think i'm too far off. spouting shit? so you reckon he was sold lies? if he was he's ignorant for believing them and i'm not even sure what he is for putting up with it and being their mouthpiece.

How does that work? One of those 'remember the 90s' appointments takes us down, as another Ashley puppet/mouthpiece and we'll be stuck there, unless they keel over and JC does a Hughton.

horrible to think this is the reality

fine. add it to the money made from player sales, the lack of investment, and the sports direct@ st james park we currently play our football in. now it's worrying imo.

Quit SJP and become a hero  :thup:

No wonder Barton and Nolan left, maybe they were onto something.

http://www.expressandstar.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/joe-kinnear.jpg

Is that Dekka in the background :lol:

Agreed. It seemed worse because Ashley is a bastard and Hughton is a nice guy, but it's no more sinister than most managerial appointments other than that IMO.

the personalities are irrelevant ian, it's the motives and the intent that are the problem.

ok, well given what we've seen and what we know (the evidence) i dont think i'm too far off. spouting shit? so you reckon he was sold lies? if he was he's ignorant for believing them and i'm not even sure what he is for putting up with it and being their mouthpiece.

Probably because he'd rather a decent wage in a job that he's doing well in, rather than being unemployed. I know which option I'd choose, even if I was being fed lies in the former.

Probably because he'd rather a decent wage in a job that he's doing well in, rather than being unemployed. I know which option I'd choose, even if I was being fed lies in the former.

fair enough, there's nothing decent about his wage imo.

I'm convinced Pardew really does care about the club, unlike the two jokers he works for.

That's the main thing for me.

And I've got respect for how he keeps positive when it must be really difficult to do so.

On the pitch he's doing well also. He's organised the defence, and brought in pace and technique going forward which we were lacking - so he's doing a good job there for me.

He must be extremely frustrated today that he wasn't properly backed by some basic competence in getting in the defensive cover and striker he/we so obviously needed. But he'll have to put a brave face on it, that's part of his job.

Pardew walking out would be disasterous, not because he's so great (though I reckon he's done reasonably well at the actual managing bit) but because we all know the options would be incredibly limited. I joked last night about Dave Bassett being our next manager, well after the Kinnear farce I reckon that's the level we'd be looking at.

Depressing as fuck but Pardew is about the best we can hope for under these cunts.