Alan Pardew

JH

Shearer needed replacing anyway because he was too slow for the style of play that SBR wanted, and that's why SBR preferred the Kluivert - Bellamy partnership. SBR got sacked after that defeat at Villa where coincidentally Shearer was benched in favour of the aforementioned partnership, and I think Bellamy scored in that game and we played some decent football as well.

But anyway, I'm not saying managers don't sign duds and they don't 'fall in love' with certain players, but in general I think there's a trend and good managers are obviously more often than not successful with transfers. SBR signed many players from all over the continent, favoured signing youth and was in full control of the club. Therefore the success that we had under him is full credit to him. Who knows, maybe someone like Viana would have been a success here if he wasn't forced to play LW and constantly cross the ball into the box. Maybe if SBR had been able to replace slow players like Shearer with more mobile players then we would have been able to afford having someone physically limited like Viana play in CM in the team because his passing and technique was so, so sweet.

I'll try to look for the article where Pardew mentioned that he suggested a whole host of average players for the club to sign but thankfully all of his suggestions were rejected.

It's a moot point really as Pardew isn't in charge of transfers so it's rather irrelevant who he would or wouldn't rather sign. The point is, he's getting good results out of the players he has got. Look at Souness for example, he had on paper a very decent team when we had Owen, Shearer, Luque, Solano, Emre and Parker. On paper that looked a very decent outfit from an attacking pov.. Souness was completely incapable though of managing and organising a good bunch of players, something that he failed to do at every club he managed.

Well, no, it speaks to his intelligence and his outlook. If he was happy with signing average players like Warnock or Carlton Cole - frankly another player that I think we would sign if Pardew was in charge of transfers, given his links to West Ham that he boasted about after signing Ba - then it says a lot about his management IQ, if such a thing exists.

Of course Pardew has a great deal to do with incomings (less so with outgoings which is pretty par for the course), Carr has stated it often enough himself - recommendations are made, Carr organises trips for Pardew to see the players, then the final lists are given to the board.

And as for going for English cloggers over foreign flair when he has a chance, can you explain to me his signing of players like Yossi Benayoun from Racing Santader in the past?

So Pip your point is we should all hail Mike Ashley the transfer genius?

His point is that Pardew is due little credit because:

- He has players bought for him.

- He has had decisions imposed upon him by injuries.

- Good players automatically equals good football.

- He didn't bring through the youngsters.

- He reportedly wanted to buy inferior players to the players that were bought for him.

- Media interaction is easy.

And that's why I got the feeling that we should worship Ashley from now on from Pip's argument.  Ashley decided the transfer, ordered Carr to find good prospect, invest a lot in youth academy and training pitches, didn't approve Pardew's "inferior players" proposal.  He also decided to get rid of Nolan and Barton and open up spaces for the youngsters to step up.  Last year he went hardcore towards Saylor, forced him to sign extension and now playing in top form.

:idiot2:?

Shearer needed replacing anyway because he was too slow for the style of play that SBR wanted, and that's why SBR preferred the Kluivert - Bellamy partnership. SBR got sacked after that defeat at Villa where coincidentally Shearer was benched in favour of the aforementioned partnership, and I think Bellamy scored in that game and we played some decent football as well.

I didn't remember Kluivert was SBR's signing. It should be Sheprerd who made the decision, and Kluivert was as slow as fuck as well.

Kluivert, Carr and Butt were all supposedly signings by Fat Fred, without Bobby's approval. I say supposedly as ive no proof but it seemed odd from what Bobby was saying at the time and who we ended up signing. It also seemed to further drive a wedge between Fred and Bobby after Shepherd made it public that it was Bobby's last season.

Only two weeks before we signed Butt, Bobby came out with the line "I don't understand the link to Nicky Butt, we dont need him as we've got Hugo Viana."

I'm pretty sure, it was generally accepted that Robson wanted that Spanisg full back (Miguel?) but ended up with Carr.

So Pip your point is we should all hail Mike Ashley the transfer genius?

His point is that Pardew is due little credit because:

- He has players bought for him.

- He has had decisions imposed upon him by injuries.

- Good players automatically equals good football.

- He didn't bring through the youngsters.

- He reportedly wanted to buy inferior players to the players that were bought for him.

- Media interaction is easy.

And that's why I got the feeling that we should worship Ashley from now on from Pip's argument. Ashley decided the transfer, ordered Carr to find good prospect, invest a lot in youth academy and training pitches, didn't approve Pardew's "inferior players" proposal.  He also decided to get rid of Nolan and Barton and open up spaces for the youngsters to step up.  Last year he went hardcore towards Saylor, forced him to sign extension and now playing in top form.

:idiot2:?

You're making out as if the part in bold is some deluded fantasy. It happened, you moron.

Oh yea you're right then from now on let's start a Ashley-lovers club :lol:

Why didn't you come out and support Ashley before then?  Or you just start to think in this way after the unbeaten run in order to "prove" Pardew is a shit manager?

Jesus Christ.

I think if Pardew is not due any credit, then when the team fails then he shouldn't shoulder the blame. Surely it will be the players fault and that of the people making the transfer decisions?

You just need to follow Ashley's instruction and play the players who were picked for you in their respective positions.

Cash in your bank *cha ching*

This qualifies for "The Best Job In the World".

There is some mental shit being said in here tonight. Pardew doesnt choose the players, he is forced to try and play good football by Dekka and Mike, he sits in front of a camera however thats easy anyway. Basically, we dont need a manager.

I know, it's fucking insane. His results are astonishing when we consider the limitations he's been forced to deal with. I especially like  his positivity.  His intentions are to win, even when playing away against Villa, an opponent we've lost against the four previous matches.  Such bold and positive statements rubs off on the players. They go out believing that it's possible to get a good result. The difference between such an attitude and telling the players to lie deep and get a draw, could be huge.

I think if Pardew is not due any credit, then when the team fails then he shouldn't shoulder the blame. Surely it will be the players fault and that of the people making the transfer decisions?

If he picks the best team and it fails then it won't be his fault. But if he starts Taylor over Santon and insists on sending Shola on as a sub every game then he's negatively impacting the team. Let's be honest: we have a small squad. It isn't hard to pick the strongest eleven. In every pre-match thread on here, you can find a pretty consistent best eleven side that most fans agree on. And yes, real life football ain't FM, but it also ain't theoretical physics. We see every minute of every match, so don't underestimate the wisdom of an enlightened crowd.

If Ben Arfa creates a billion good chances per game but our strikers don't score, do you think any reasonable fan will be blaming Pardew?

And I never said he isn't due any credit, by the way. He just isn't due as much credit as he's been given. We're undefeated so everyone's feeling good and praise is being dished out to all and sundry but Pardew's not as responsible for this good start as some think, in my opinion.

Excellent start to the season. I'm still not all that confident in our squad and think after a few defeats in a row we could struggle. Over the moon thus far though. He seems to be more and more likeable at the moment...

Guest magpie99

The hierachy at the club are obviously allocating duties down through a chain of command. Each and every part of the management team has their individual roles which ultimately combine to form a plan for the onfield stature of the club.

For example, Ashley and his cohorts decide to bring in young, cheap, foreign players, no loanees and players who can progress or be moved on at a profit.

Carr is given this portfolio to work too and provide a list of recommendations. Pardew uses the media and personal viewings to decide the list of options in order of prefereence.

Pardew details to his coaching staff how he wants the team to improve and defensively, we are on the improve as an example. Carvber, Stone etc enact these instructions.

New layers arrive and are integrated and after getting used to the style, culture of the area, language barriers, over time, effectively integrtate themselves as part of the team.

Charnley and his crew negotiate trnsfer fees and contracts within the budget conditions estab;ished by the chairman/owner.

More emphasis is placed on the academy in bringing home grown players through into the senior set up. Beardsley, Joyce and crew are responsible for this.

In general, all lines of communication within the club over a season should end up in becoming a healthy squad build over the season with a bright future.

Whoever coordinates this and possibly the manager, needs to work extremely effectively and in my opinion, Pardew seems to be the main man here in bringing together all these areas. He is not the coach, he is the manager and whilst he will spend a lot of time on the training field, he will spend more time inn the office coordinating a vast number of issues over the season.

So far, he seems to be succeeding as results will point out and as I stated before, if we had got a quality striker in during the transfer window, most of us on here would have beeb highly satisfied with our business.

As it stands, lets hope the results continue to bode well and with what appears to be the youngest squad of players in the PL, lets hope the future is bright as well.

By the way, for those who are trying to compare KK to Pardew, it might be interesting to note that KK walked out of the club TWICE when funds were not made available for players. Pardew could have walked too but thankfully, he didnt and just got on with the job which is something KK should have done, despite the Wise interference.