Alan Pardew

JH

All Geremi ever created were facepalms.

What an insightful post that was.

When we went on that little run under Keegan, some of Geremi's crosses into the box were fantastic, as Michael Owen's goals will testify.

He might have made about 1 good cross a game, and for the rest of the 90 minutes he'd either be just short of completely immobile or taking a corner and twatting it off the first man. He was utter shit, we shouldn't go romanticizing his time here just because he got a couple of assists during Keegan's good little run.

On paper, all our next games are doable.

Only when it comes to facing Everton, City, Man Utd and Chelsea all in space of 1 month it'll be worrying. Till that time, we could very well keep our place in the top 4.

I think Spurs will be our next big hurdle, they are starting to look the part after a slow start. For the first time though I'm starting to believe we can do them.

Eh? Spurs hate it up here, they've consistently struggled against us no matter what quality of team we have. Never a team I've had any fear of playing at SJP.

Cue 0-5 slaughter...

I usually just go on the quality of the team rather than past form tbh. Spurs looked canny against Liverpool last week so I expect a tough game.

Think that's fair enough, was just "for the first time though I'm starting to believe we can do them" that surprised me. Giving them far too much respect, IMO.

It looks a cracking game on paper.

On paper, all our next games are doable.

Only when it comes to facing Everton, City, Man Utd and Chelsea all in space of 1 month it'll be worrying. Till that time, we could very well keep our place in the top 4.

I think Spurs will be our next big hurdle, they are starting to look the part after a slow start. For the first time though I'm starting to believe we can do them.

Eh? Spurs hate it up here, they've consistently struggled against us no matter what quality of team we have. Never a team I've had any fear of playing at SJP.

Cue 0-5 slaughter...

I usually just go on the quality of the team rather than past form tbh. Spurs looked canny against Liverpool last week so I expect a tough game.

Think that's fair enough, was just "for the first time though I'm starting to believe we can do them" that surprised me. Giving them far too much respect, IMO.

It looks a cracking game on paper.

Honestly from what I'd seen so far of us this season I wasn't confident we'd beat them despite the results. They have some quality players in Modric, Van de Vaar, Bale and  Defoe, and we've looked confused how to use the new players we've brought in. But in the last week or so everything is moving a lot more smoothly and now I am looking forward to taking them on.

Tiote is gonna turn up dressed like this

http://blindvarmintcamo.com/catalog/images/Bushrag%20Ghillie%20Suit%20Kit.jpg

On a different note, Pardew obviously  hasn't had a crack at anyone's wife yet otherwise he wouldn't be heading into the woods for this sort of event with the team.

I must admit that today I sat there almost pinching myself at times at what was unfolding before my eyes.

Not only am I watching a team capable of sublime passing movement, I'm also watching players who still want to hound and harry and fight for the cause.

Regardless of it being early days, we have a team we can again be proud of and who might just deliver the unbelievable this year.

I also love the way Pardew spends all the game in the little box thingy.

I really liked our team of last season/season before and felt proud of them as well, to be honest. The attitude is nothing we've gained, it's just great that we haven't lost it with the turnover of players. Pardew does deserve a lot of credit for that, and for striving to play good football/bringing in players who seem to have a hell of a lot of promise in this style. His predecessor also spent a lot of time in the "little box thingy" too like, nothing has changed there either.

One of my major concerns with NUFC over the months preceding this season was that we'd lost the core of people that had helped me to "like" the club again, including Hughton, Calderwood and Baron, but thankfully all of the players/staff brought in since seem like good eggs so far.

It's very, very promising. The style will be the key difference, hopefully that was just the start this past week or so.

The football we're trying to play now has more potential than the one we played last season. We were all fond of that team, much down to its desire to do well and it's fighting spirit.

If we can keep that spirit within this squad, where the football isn't as limited, we're on to something. The football I witnessed today and at Villa was magnificent. A joy to watch, and it has now started to win us games. Sure there will be times when we struggle more against physical teams, but still; we lost 6 pts to Stoke and only took one against these with our more robust side last season.

Well done to Pardew for employing and implementing this new formation and for improving the side. We now look capable of winning against lesser sides and threaten the good ones. Really, really looking forward to this season now that the team is starting to gel.

I think Ben Arfa and Santon might provide us with additional dimensions going forward as well.

Yeah going to have a tough run for a bit, but I am generally happy with the points we've taken so far, ultimately everyones got to play everyone at some point and we've got a good run of form and confidence going, I can see us troubling spurs, they never quite convince for me, I love their attacking play and such, but they can be quite naive. Modric is a great player though, and Bale against our full backs (apart from Santon perhaps) is frightening.

Adeybayor and Van Der Vaart is strong too...

Can see us scoring too though against their backline. My heart says we'll have an upset but my brain says 2-1 to them.