Alan Pardew

JH

Really hope he sticks with this system next week, think we can get something after today.

I think he will keep it and was probably the reason that he made his sub's when we were out of the game.  I don't have a problem with and of the changes today although I wouldn't have played Ryan Taylor 2nd half.  Santon and possibly Tiote back for Man U in place of Ryan Taylor and Guthrie, even though Guthrie has played really well since getting into the team.  Guthrie has been better than Cabaye when they've played together.

I don't get the subs. Abeid and Santon would have worked just as well as Lovenkrands and Perch. Why give game time to players that have next to zero future whilst potential squad/first teamers languish on the bench.

Conversely, what's the point in throwing young players to the slaughter - which is what we would have been doing? Would rather chuck some seasoned pros in to see out a certain defeat, rather than players who could burn out immediately. The likes of Abeid and Santon aren't to be brought on as damage limitation.

The contrast in subs between each side were hilarious though.

Seems so calm and collected in his interviews. Gets his selections right and knows what to do all the time. Really growing on me, and the way he spoke after the game today sort of filled me with optimism. He dares to believe and has a very positive view of our ability.

The Ryan Taylor situation will be important now though. Santon needs to come in.

Alan Pardew insists any club wanting Newcastle's top players will have to break the bank.

Newcastle's excellent start to the season has seen some of Pardew's big names linked with moves away.

Captain Fabricio Coloccini has been linked with Liverpool, whilst Chelsea have been credited with an interest in midfield enforcer Cheick Tiote.

And while Pardew admits that players could leave in January, he insists it would take huge money to persuade them to do a deal.

"It is going to cost a hell of a lot of money, a hell of a lot of money because we're in that position now," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"I think any of our players that get linked to other clubs, those clubs are going to need to know they'll need to pay a shed load of money to get anyone out of this football club.

"I don't envisage anyone going out in this window, but if a club, one of the top clubs, comes in and wants to pay way, way over the odds we'll have to look at it."

no more "not for sale" this time 

Alan Pardew insists any club wanting Newcastle's top players will have to break the bank.

Newcastle's excellent start to the season has seen some of Pardew's big names linked with moves away.

Captain Fabricio Coloccini has been linked with Liverpool, whilst Chelsea have been credited with an interest in midfield enforcer Cheick Tiote.

And while Pardew admits that players could leave in January, he insists it would take huge money to persuade them to do a deal.

"It is going to cost a hell of a lot of money, a hell of a lot of money because we're in that position now," he told the Sunday Mirror.

"I think any of our players that get linked to other clubs, those clubs are going to need to know they'll need to pay a shed load of money to get anyone out of this football club.

"I don't envisage anyone going out in this window, but if a club, one of the top clubs, comes in and wants to pay way, way over the odds we'll have to look at it."

no more "not for sale" this time 

I dont have a problem with it tbh, if someone comes in and offers 30 million for tiote we'd be mad not to accept.

Guest Chubby Jason

I love it when we sell our best players for big money only not to spend any of it. Makes me proud to be a fan to be honest.

Christ. :lol:

I dont see the point in criticising, the clubs current policies whatever they may be, cause whatever the fuck they do its working.  Let them get on with it, you enjoy watching the football.  If everything turns from gold into shit, complain then.

Spot on.

Tiote should stay, and I suspect he will stay. But if he doesn't, whether it's down to money, or down to the player himself wanting the move, so be it.

If that results in us going backwards then we'll all have an issue with it. If not, I don't see the problem, regardless of whether we choose to spend any profits.