Alan Pardew

JH

I don't know if it is him or one of his staff, but he is undone the 'bulk up' philosophy of several former managers.

Guthrie, Simpson, Taylor, and even Shola have all slimmed down and benefitted from it, and other players that we have brought into the team are of a much slighter build than we would have seen before.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9647559.stm

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew: "We had some Geordie heroes. A brilliant display. We showed we can compete with one of the best teams in Europe. We looked a bit edgy after their goal and it was all hands to the pump. Ferdinand played the ball - it was fortunate for us. We have a resilience in this team. We closed them down and made it difficult for them. We did very well. We were absolutely superb. We've shown we a good side. Next week - against Chelsea - is a platform to show we can beat a top Premier League side."

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ToQuWZWk9PU/Tcg4hFcNX4I/AAAAAAAAAY4/fI4twGKu-Pc/s1600/MEGUSTA.jpg

Still not sure why lovenkrands on the wing instead of santon when we were right up against it but he knows better than me and it worked in the end but when lovenkrands lost the ball in the lead up to the goal that wasn't i was ready to explode

He has made some ex mangers at Newcastle look like total mongs.

Most of his predecessors post-Robson.

They didn't need much help tbh. 

Pards is still quality like.  Come out of this 3 game span with 4 points and it's miraculous.  2 points, still very good.

Pinching myself nearly every weekend man, just unbelievable. What a season so far. If it continues then its the best season we've had in my time as a Newcastle supporter, who'd have thought it?

Were you a fan in the Bobby years? Genuine question btw. Still think it'll be a long time before we beat that...