Alan Pardew

JH

Defence is hit hard by injuries, might cause a concern to get even more midfielders in and actually go for the 4-3-3 people are mentioning. Try to retain posession against the weaker sides we are meeting now and take our chances when we get them. Actually put gutierrez down left back for me to get someone to carry the ball all the way up, put guthrie, tiote and cabaye in the middle with ben arfa roaming infront and whatever duo involving BA up top. Should be a quite dynamic side considering the overload in midfield. However height and steel in defence will be dire.

Interesting formation - I'd assume this is with us buying a new CB to play with Colo and compete with Williamson and Perch? Santon hopefully will fill in at RB with the idea that he'd do the same as Jonas does on the Left side?

---------Krul---------

Sant-CB-Colo-Jonas

--Guth--Tiote--Cab--

--------HBA----------

-----Ba-----Best----

Defence is hit hard by injuries, might cause a concern to get even more midfielders in and actually go for the 4-3-3 people are mentioning. Try to retain posession against the weaker sides we are meeting now and take our chances when we get them. Actually put gutierrez down left back for me to get someone to carry the ball all the way up, put guthrie, tiote and cabaye in the middle with ben arfa roaming infront and whatever duo involving BA up top. Should be a quite dynamic side considering the overload in midfield. However height and steel in defence will be dire.

Interesting formation - I'd assume this is with us buying a new CB to play with Colo and compete with Williamson and Perch? Santon hopefully will fill in at RB with the idea that he'd do the same as Jonas does on the Left side?

---------Krul---------

Sant-CB-Colo-Jonas

--Guth--Tiote--Cab--

--------HBA----------

-----Ba-----Best----

our midfield of late have played well and with a trio consiting of those three would be capable in both defence and attack. Especially at retaining posession. When it comes to jonas it's mostly because the trio have been playing so well, and I want jonas to play aswell. He has shown that he can defend and therefore leftback supporting wingback is the option I chose for him. The right back I didn't think so much about since simmo go the speed to get up and down the pitch, wich was essential when comming to jonas abilities aswell in that regard. The trio up top should be able to cause a havoc on the counter. Aswell as we got two finishers up there strong on the head. And ba can play the nippy striker role wich he has enjoyed earlier in the season alongside best. Hba will get more options infront of him. Aswell as there is long range shots in that side aswell.

I really don't think HBA can play a withdrawn role in a 4-4-2 as for now as neither of our wings are that good finishers. Our fullbacks aren't fast enough to give an outlet up top as at the same time be behind and defend. So basicly when HBA gets the ball, it ends up with him either playing it to wings crossing at one striker, or he got one striker to play through. it's not enough options for him in that kind of formation. And we don't have fullbacks good enough to play higher up the pitch either.

This is the first time this season we have come into some strife and with 5 games before the transfer window opens, this will be a big test for Pardew and his ability to balance the squad and utilise the little depth we have. If he can secure a quality centre back before the Manchester United match while reaping at least 10 points, I will be very impressed.

This is the first time this season we have come into some strife and with 5 games before the transfer window opens, this will be a big test for Pardew and his ability to balance the squad and utilise the little depth we have. If he can secure a quality centre back before the Manchester United match while reaping at least 10 points, I will be very impressed.

I'd start accusing my immediate family of slipping me opiates if that happened, like.

This month is going to be a massive test for Pardew like. A test which I'm sure he'll thrive on.

Pretty confident that we'll be okay (just though). Hopefully come the West Brom game (at the earliest anyway), Williamson and Colo will be our starting CBs.

We're missing 3 big players. Any points he can get from this month is a bonus, sod 10.

Without posting fixtures, I think our fixture against Norwich will give a really good indication of how well-equipped we are for the month ahead to undertake this Keeganesque mentality of outscoring the opposition against supposedly lesser opposition.

I don't think it will be nearly as easy as people will think. Some posters have been very dismissive of sides below us, as though we swept through them leading up to our games against the Big Three. We won by one goal against Wigan, Fulham, Wolves etc

Hopefully though, teams will play a little more openly against us - which may suit the game we're trying to play. Smart opposition would do well to play on the counter attack.

Assuming Liverpool win tonight, we will still be 8 clear of 8th placed Stoke and 10 clear of the rest.  It's a cushion we may need, as these winnable games are looking tough now. 

Very impressive though, never thought we'd be positioned like this going into December  O0

It's going to be a bigger test for the fans when the inevitable defeats come up due to the weakened squad, we need to keep our composure, faith and heads screwed on, me included.

Big test for everyone, Ashleys test is to bring in some squad depth.

Guest sicko2ndbest

It's going to be a bigger test for the fans when the inevitable defeats come up due to the weakened squad, we need to keep our composure, faith and heads screwed on, me included.

Big test for everyone, Ashleys test is to bring in some squad depth.

Very good post hits the nail on the head

Realistically if we finish top 8 we have had a great season

Injuries were always going to be our Achilles heal ( no Taylor pun intended) as we just don't have the depth particularly in defensive areas. With our first 11 we are a match for anyone but 2/3 injuries and it's a much weaker side.

Have faith support the lads, and we may just get them through this patch

Guest icemanblue

Pards will sort it. Probably go down to 1 up front, another defensive mid in their and bobs your uncle.

Krul

Simpson  Santon  Perch  Rtaylor

Obertan  Abeid  Guthrie  Jonas

Cabaye

Ba

:lol: The fuck is that?!

Pards will sort it. Probably go down to 1 up front, another defensive mid in their and bobs your uncle.

Krul

Cabaye

Ba

That my dear boy would be a possible team to face Norwich.

The only poser is whether we will acknowledge our defensive deficiencies and go with another defensive midfielder and Ba up front on his own. The hope would be that Albeid and Guthrie could do the running / tackling and Cabaye can be more forward minded.

I dont think its that bad personally.  :)

Krul

Cabaye

Ba

:lol: The f*** is that?!

Christmas Tree's Christmas tree.

Krul

Cabaye

Ba

:lol: The f*** is that?!

The only poser is whether we will acknowledge our defensive deficiencies and go with another defensive midfielder and Ba up front on his own. The hope would be that Albeid and Guthrie could do the running / tackling and Cabaye can be more forward minded.

glad that you're the only one who think it's not bad

Guest icemanblue

Krul

Cabaye

Ba

Santon at centre-half. Hasn't even played a Premier League game in his natural position.  :lol:

Putting in a kid with zero Premier League experience in there to 'protect' the woeful back four. :lol:

Cabaye in a random 'off the striker' role, simply because you have arguments with people that like Ben Arfa. :lol:

Hold on all....

Krul

Simpson  Santon Perch  Rtaylor

Obertan Abeid  Guthrie  Jonas

Cabaye

Ba

The ones in black I think we can pretty much agree will all start.

So lets take Centre back. Most of you all season have called for Santon to replace either Simpson or Rtaylor at one time or another so I must assume you consider him a better player?

If the option is Simpson into centre back I would rather risk Santon. We all know Simpson is the back of King. Santon would hopefully give us a bit more pace and movement. Not sure who else you would all seriously consider for Centre back.

That leaves us with Midfield. Given we have a makeshift defence, it wouldnt surprise me if Pardew decides to bolster the midfield and play with one up front away at Norwich. In that case its just a case of who that extra midfielder is?

Of course there is Gosling or Smith  :'( I just think Albeid might be a decent shout. A Tiote type player who has done extremely well in the reserves as well as knocking in some cracking goals.

I dont see Cabaye playing off the striker,  :lol: just the one of the midfield three who will push on more to link up the wings and attack.

Fucking Brilliant imo.  :)