Alan Pardew

JH

We're 6th in the fecking league, closer to 4th than 8th. :lol:

We should have put those stats on the pitch yesterday. That would have put Poyet in his place!

Incidentally it was quite noticeable that  he got his defenders to double up on Ben Arfa to keep him quiet. He probably figured out that with only Shola the non-finisher up front he could afford to stick an extra man on the player who could really hurt them.

Pardew got it wrong yesterday but christ there's some massive overreaction about him imo. Look at the bigger picture.

the only thing wrong with what Tron is saying there is "counting down the days" but he's entitled to hold that view imo - what he says about pardew's method and style appears difficult to refute tbh, he doesn't seem to be moving us on in terms of style of play despite the resources at his disposal

it's a shite league again this year, people need to remember that as well

Shit league yes, but with our budget and squad depth we have no real right to expect to be slugging it out with Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool almost two-thirds of the way through the season, which we are doing.

the three clubs you've named are massively under-achieving, that's partially what i meant by shit league - in reality we're punching it out with stoke, villa and the mackems etc. for the scraps of 7th...my point being that we could and should have had that spot more nailed down than it is given how influencial Ba has been up front and Colo at the back

the overall shitness of the league in many ways masks that we're not as good as our play* suggests, imo

EDIT: i meant position, clearly

But surely the fact we're the one team in those 6-7 teams we mention that is performing above expectation is credit to Pardew? Of the teams going for 7th, Pardew's done a job on all barring Norwich, which was a freak result down to having 3 centre backs out. The rest are all taking points off each other, we've been the one side consistent enough to do well.

But surely the fact we're the one team in those 6-7 teams we mention that is performing above expectation is credit to Pardew? Of the teams going for 7th, Pardew's done a job on all barring Norwich, which was a freak result down to having 3 centre backs out. The rest are all taking points off each other, we've been the one side consistent enough to do well.

i don't know, what're we arguing about here?  i'm not saying he's not done OK i'm saying that i feel his style of play is now holding us back along with some of his decisions, and has been for some time basically

i'm certainly not counting the days 'til he's fired or whatever though, i just want him to wake the fuck up on certain aspects like shola, perch and the fact that we have the nucleus of what could be a quality footballing side

I'm counting the days until Pardew is sacked. Sometimes the first impression is the right one and mine was formed when Pardew pandered to the East End rags and dropped Mascherano and Tevez because he just didn't know how to use them. His best results have come when he's reverted to the long ball because that's where his heart lies, but our buying policy is light years ahead and he's struggling to incorporate modern day footballers into his '80s mindset. I don't know why he took the players to Tenerife tbh, he should have took them to Butlins.

This is exactly why myths about how demanding we are are continually mentioned.

6th in the league and drooling, window lickers are waiting for our manager to be sacked, you just know this is linked in a Sunderland forum and we're all tarnished with the same stick as knackers like this. Intellectual cripples are a stain on the fanbase.

I'm counting the days until Pardew is sacked. Sometimes the first impression is the right one and mine was formed when Pardew pandered to the East End rags and dropped Mascherano and Tevez because he just didn't know how to use them. His best results have come when he's reverted to the long ball because that's where his heart lies, but our buying policy is light years ahead and he's struggling to incorporate modern day footballers into his '80s mindset. I don't know why he took the players to Tenerife tbh, he should have took them to Butlins.

This is exactly why myths about how demanding we are are continually mentioned.

6th in the league and drooling, window lickers are waiting for our manager to be sacked, you just know this is linked in a Sunderland forum and we're all tarnished with the same stick as knackers like this. Intellectual cripples are a stain on the fanbase.

says the bloke who refuses to watch home games because the cockney spivs are in charge.

I think we both know if given the choice he wouldn't have Shola and Perch starting games.

Agree with your point about Perch.

With Ba and Cisse available, I agree with you about Shola but only to a point.

With the big guns away though, he still had a choice with Shola and he not only selected him again after two abysmal performances but made him captain of the team?? If he was "forced" to play Shola for 90mins yesterday, was he also "forced" to make him lead the team.

That just does not make sense at all. He had other options yesterday but chose to go with Shola even though there was enough evidence available to suggest that he be benched.

Are we back to the "pardew out " business again because lost a game??  :facepalm:

Is that what I said? It would be a better argument if people actually addressed the points I raised.

In a nutshell I'd ask people to consider the following:

1) Shola as our lone striker with his rapier instinct for finding goal scoring positions.

2) Best on the wing because he's a big lad

3) Ben Arfa tracking back because it's more important that Shola is snoozing in the penalty area.

This is just yesterday's game, I haven't even got round to Obertan.

Are we back to the "pardew out " business again because lost a game??  :facepalm:

It appears that way, even trying to get the I told you from day one this would happen, in. 6th, we're 6th, level with Arsenal, above Liverpool who've spent way over £100m, many would have just been happy to stay up when the summer transfer window shut, but oh no, we're waiting for the bloke who has us 6th to be sacked.

Not really a surprise on here mind, Williamson has also gone from being brilliant, better than Steven Taylor (who was shite btw) to shite and worse than Steven Taylor who suddenly is good.

Pardew is a limited manager, but he's the best we can hope for atm and he's doing a good job. We'd be mad to get rid.

Absolutely and when we got him if we were offered the position we currently find ourselves in, would we be happy? Or would we be waiting for him to be sacked?

It appears his hands are tied with transfers, it's looking more and more like he has no say whatsoever in who goes or stays, yet despite all his idiosyncrasies and all his mistakes, the gambles from above on transfers, renaming the stadium and the potential to destabilise, he still comes over-achieves.

bothers me that you can't raise concerns about certain aspects of the manager without being a drooling window licker...how does not questioning anything ever lead to improvement in any walk of life?  the answer is it doesn't

point stands that replacing him would be crazy, however people really should probably by now acknowledge it won't matter who we buy in the next window the likelihood is this football is what we've got to look forward to, and it's going to be very limited indeed especially if we keep signing players that aren't cut out for it

tiote, cabaye, colo, santon, hba, ba, cisse (assume), jonas, marveaux are all first team players who will thrive on playing better quality football, yet we're persistently twatting the ball up field to the big target man

if you can't see or acknowledge this then you need to start watching another sport tbh

Dont think we should get rid of him. Besides we cannot afford it and like most people have said, not many good managers are going to put up with Ashley and his cronies.

I just wish he'd grow some balls sometimes and give the opposition the full might of NUFC !! I hope this happens with our full squad available.

We don't have to fear teams in this division and I sometimes get the feeling we give certain teams more respect than they deserve and then end up getting nowt for our efforts.