Alan Pardew

JH

I don't see how he was either defensive or played for the draw. Did he tell our front three to be turboshit?

Best on the wing with hotshot striker Shola up front? You were expecting them to rip Brighton a new one?

Guest neesy111

2 goals in the last 4 months from our strikers on the pitch today.  HBA has more in the last month ffs.  That is where our problems lie.

I don't see how he was either defensive or played for the draw. Did he tell our front three to be turboshit?

Best on the wing with hotshot striker Shola up front? You were expecting them to rip Brighton a new one?

We were clearly set up in the same system that we played at home to QPR and in the first half against Fulham, which is mixtured and fluid.

Not really, no. But i wouldn't have started Lovenkrands ahead of either of them.

I might have started Lovenkrands and a few of the kids, we weren't motivated and it was exactly the same last season against Stevenage.  Even if Lovenkrands wasn't an obvious choice to start, he certainly was when we were a goal behind yet Pardew in his wisdom brought on 3 midfielders which is moronic.

One up front ffs.

We got beat by such a shit team. There's so many other shit teams left in the competition too. There'll be shit teams in the semi-finals, and probably a shit team in the final. The winning team will only need a vaguely decent performance to win it in all likeliness. And in all the remaining rounds of the competition, we fans will angrily wonder why we chose to be one of those shit teams by playing one up front against a team set up to defend.

We were clearly set up in the same system that we played at home to QPR and in the first half against Fulham, which is mixtured and fluid.

We needed more bodies in the area to score. We didn't get them in there all game, even when it was clear Shola was winning all the aerial battles. 

The OTT reaction saying that he should be replaced is ridiculous.

Just like when he came, just like when we were beaten by West Brom at home before Xmas he will be judged at the end of the season. For me the mistake was the approach to the game. Very relaxed is fine but when the players mood and energy match the approach then that was the issue for me. No intensity or drive in them tonight. Only thing Pardew can be criticized with is in hindsight our approach to the game.

Just like when he came, just like when we were beaten by West Brom at home before Xmas he will be judged at the end of the season. For me the mistake was the approach to the game. Very relaxed is fine but when the players mood and energy match the approach then that was the issue for me. No intensity or drive in them tonight. Only thing Pardew can be criticized with is in hindsight our approach to the game.

Eh? :lol:

Eh? :lol:

He put an O instead of a H, clearly.

i got no problem with the formation

its the personnel in those position.

same at fulham,  why the fack is our striker playing on the wing???

that is down to the manager and no one else.  gosling, loven, hba, jonas, obertan, raylor santon,  can all play on the wings,  yet pardew chooses Leon Best.

the mind boggles  :idiot2:

i got no problem with the formation

its the personnel in those position.

same at fulham,  why the fack is our striker playing on the wing???

that is down to the manager and no one else.  gosling, loven, hba, jonas, obertan, raylor santon,  can all play on the wings,  yet pardew chooses Leon Best.

the mind boggles  :idiot2:

Agreed. It's reminiscent of Souness and his daft attempts at tactics. Kluivert in midfield with Shola up front will always remain a classic.

A s*** team will win it, unless it's Spurs, there's only them left that are real quality. This was a fantastic chance for a good cup run and as usual we've barely bothered our arse.

Hugely frustrating. Such a great opportunity pissed away, really.

Only had to get through this round, and with the other boys coming back we'd have had our strongest chance for a long long while.

Lovenkrands looked reasonably competant as a winger but Best needs to be up front obviously.

No he doesn't and he never has.

In Best's defense, he looked sharp in that position against QPR; plus he's (marginally) more likely to score.

we have 4-3-3 in us just not with Best playing so wide and Shola at the top.

Loven is nowhere near as bad as some make out. He's nowhere near good enough but he's better than Shola and when I last saw him on wing he had some good link up play and didn't look lost. Still didn't do much though.

Guest neesy111

I really don't get the 4-3-3 attempt like. I'm all for trying different things but it's square pegs in round holes.

I would say it's 4-5-1 90% of the time.  Typical Pardew to try and contain the other team instead of going out to win the game.

We would have inevitably drawn Aesenal, Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea along the line and come unstuck. I can't remember the last time we beat anyone of quality in the FA Cup.

Seriously.....Spurs in 2004?

We would have inevitably drawn Aesenal, Liverpool, Spurs or Chelsea along the line and come unstuck. I can't remember the last time we beat anyone of quality in the FA Cup.

Seriously.....Spurs in 2004?

Chelsea and Spura in run to 05 semis.