Alan Pardew

JH

Got the sub right at half time.  Perch did a great job and 442 made us look more solid.

How he can play Shola for 90 mins is beyond me.  Lovenkrands did more in 10 minutes.

We were anything but solid, in fact we could have conceded 3-4 :lol:

Perch wasn't at fault, but had Modeste and Blackburn not been utter shambolic at just about everything this would have been hailed as our worst performace of the season.

EDIT: Again, I realise he was very limited today (Pardew).

He altered the team and ensured we won the game tonight. Can't complain at all. The starting formation is cool, it just doesn't work with the current players at his disposal. He tried it again to see if we could go and attack a weak, depleted Blackburn side. It still didn't work, so he cut his losses and changed it - ensuring a Fulham or a Brighton wasn't repeated. Then we won. Fair play.

Guest neesy111

Got the sub right at half time.  Perch did a great job and 442 made us look more solid.

How he can play Shola for 90 mins is beyond me.  Lovenkrands did more in 10 minutes.

We were anything but solid, in fact we could have conceded 3-4 :lol:

Perch wasn't at fault, but had Modeste and Blackburn not been utter shambolic at just about everything this would have been hailed as our worst performace of the season.

We were more solid than the 1st half and actually looked like a team in very spare periods.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew on being told Blackburn had more than 30 efforts on goal in a game the Magpies won 2-0:

"You have got to have resilience, a good keeper and a good captain and we have got that. Blackburn create chances all the time because everything comes in your box. We defended with passion and with our hearts, like we have done all season and that is why we have done so well."

BBC Sport

Good half-time sub, sometimes you've just got to grind them out. And Blackburn aren't exactly Barcelona when it comes to creating clear cut chances. If you can resort them to playing pinball in the box I'll trust my defence and take my chances. Played.

Newcastle manager Alan Pardew on being told Blackburn had more than 30 efforts on goal in a game the Magpies won 2-0:

"You have got to have resilience, a good keeper and a good captain and we have got that. Blackburn create chances all the time because everything comes in your box. We defended with passion and with our hearts, like we have done all season and I have been ritually sodomised by beelzebub each night as black sacrement; that is why we have done so well."

"You have got to have resilience, a good keeper and a good captain and we have got that. Blackburn create chances all the time because everything comes in your box. We defended with passion and with our hearts, like we have done all season and I have been ritually sodomised by beelzebub each night as black sacrement; that is why we have done so well."

Pardew's sense of humour's getting weirder.

Guest Chris P

5th and the criticism is heavier than ever.

:mackems:

No it isn't.

you've changed yer tune but then again haven't we all.

What?

Sorry. I alway's took you as being the ultimate doom and gloom merchant.

No it isn't.

What?

I have days where I am positive about things and days when I am cynical about things. I'm also capable of changing my mind.

Like most people, I thought.

Guest Dontooner

Good half-time sub, sometimes you've just got to grind them out. And Blackburn aren't exactly Barcelona when it comes to creating clear cut chances. If you can resort them to playing pinball in the box I'll trust my defence and take my chances. Played.

None of those chances are pin ball chances, many were clear cut, it just werent their day. Watch the game , for those who heard it on the radio , you had it good cause its a game to forget quickly...absolutely abysmal performance by us.

Guest Chris P

No it isn't.

What?

I have days where I am positive about things and days when I am cynical about things. I'm also capable of changing my mind.

Like most people, I thought.

You thought well my young skywalker

Thought the formation change was the right one, substitution the same (though I'd probably have brought Abeid in first).

The Lovenkrands/Obertan changes won us a very poor, scrappy game. Other than Shola staying up top for the full game, I can't complain :thup:

Guest Dontooner

Thought the formation change was the right one, substitution the same (though I'd probably have brought Abeid in first).

The Lovenkrands/Obertan changes won us a very poor, scrappy game. Other than Shola staying up top for the full game, I can't complain :thup:

Thought the change was right too, it did give us back shape but it didnt stop blackburn from creating clear cut chances. Easily could have conceded the same amount of goals as the 1st half.

Bringing Perch on at half time was the right call. We needed someone in the middle to play it simple (though Abeid could have done the same job too tbh).

Not that we stopped Blackburn properly but we did play slightly better in the second half. The Obertan change was also a good decision, quite a few of us wanted to see the lad being used as an impact sub and tonight, we've seen that Obertan could do a decent job off the bench, running at tiring players and all that.

A shite game overall but in the end, we're up to 5th now and we won a game even when we were at our worst.

He altered the team and ensured we won the game tonight. Can't complain at all. The starting formation is cool, it just doesn't work with the current players at his disposal. He tried it again to see if we could go and attack a weak, depleted Blackburn side. It still didn't work, so he cut his losses and changed it - ensuring a Fulham or a Brighton wasn't repeated. Then we won. Fair play.

Good post, happy with Pardew tonight tbh.

He's been very lucky tonight and I don't care what anybody on here says.  We won because Blackburn were as poor up front as any team I can remember seeing for a long time.  We were worse tonight than we were against Fulham and a win is more down to the opposition than us.

Can't argue that we weren't shit tonight but by christ he's got some awful squad players to have to mould results with.

I really hope we cut most of them loose this summer and replace with a load of 19-24 year old players, from abroad or the lower leagues.

Edit: And I mean proper FOOTBALLERS. I want no more twats like Simpson and Taylor who can't play football. Please, get some squad players who are good on the ball and with room to improve.