Alan Pardew

JH

Guest neesy111

I'd love us to try and play a possession game like Swansea do. I think we've got the players to do it.

Would take a lot of training. We're far too static (currently).

We are.

Guest neesy111

As if people are actually criticising the decision to send on Cisse :lol:

Aye, we should have gone with Shola and sent Cisse on during the 90th minute to hold the ball in the corner for our 1-1 draw. :thup:

Eh?  I said I'd expected Pardew to bring on Shola and not Cisse.

Today wasn't the game for Barfa. N'Zog always fancies it against us and he needed to either be marshalled or forced back through pace.

Although one paced Raylor has a fantastic delivery on, let him put balls in the box and the strikers will score and we did.

Pardew's done a superb job and the results have been excellent. Sometimes I wish some of our fans would stfu.

I'd love us to try and play a possession game like Swansea do. I think we've got the players to do it.

Would take a lot of training. We're far too static (currently).

I agree we are, would just love us to do it.

Although some of the idiots in the stands just shouting get rid won't help.

Aye, we should have gone with Shola and sent Cisse on during the 90th minute to hold the ball in the corner for our 1-1 draw. :thup:

I didn't mean you.

Who's criticising the decision like? ???

Guest neesy111

I didn't mean you.

:okay:

Today wasn't the game for Barfa. N'Zog always fancies it against us and he needed to either be marshalled or forced back through pace.

Although one paced Raylor has a fantastic delivery on, let him put balls in the box and the strikers will score and we did.

Pardew's done a superb job and the results have been excellent. Sometimes I wish some of our fans would stfu.

:thup:

I've just had a quick look and can't find anybody who thinks Cisse shouldn't have come on.  Who are these people?

HTT pretty spot on :thup:

I'm a big fan of Pardew but it's pretty clear he just threw Cisse on today with little or no tactical decision making, and thought "fuck it, let's see what happens"

Eh? He was the only choice.

WTF are you on about. Pardew stated that he had intended to swap Best for Cisse at the 60 minute mark but he was forced to go early because of the injury.

There was no "chuck him on and see what happens".

If you hate Pardew, that's fine, but don't make up senseless shite to try and support your position...

You intimated that Pardew just threw on Cisse without any consideration. Bearing in mind the alternative was Shola, what else was he supposed to do? Cisse's played with Demba before and Shola's been utterly gash in the last three games. It wasn't really the game for Ben Arfa today, Obertan looks wank behind the striker - what else was Pardew meant to do? It was absolutely the correct thing to do bringing on Cisse straight away.

Guest neesy111

I've just had a quick look and can't find anybody who thinks Cisse shouldn't have come on.  Who are these people?

Guest Howaythetoon

I might get laughed at here but if we were to switch Santon to right-back, buy a top-class left-back, get S. Taylor back into the side fit and performing like he was and get the very best out of Ben Arfa, and man for man I believe we'd have a better 11 than Liverpool and Arsenal and would seriously compete with Man Utd and Chelsea starting 11 wise. We have that good a nucleus of a side. But our football is miles behind those sides, miles behind, miles behind even Liverpool who we are above. We have the players, the ability, but we lack the philopshy and the tactics and of course the right selection and that's down to Pardew. I believe with our players and the nucleus of the side, we are on the very edge of something good. We have a window of opportunity to close the gap massively. If we were to finish 4th we would be able to keep our best players and be able to sign more good players due to the huge money that would come our way, were we to qualify for the CL proper. We are 5th and I'd hate to think that right now everyone concerned with NUFC would accept that when 4th is acheievable. All we need to do is start playing more football, trust our better players and start playing our better players. To play Ryan Taylor wide right ahead of Ben Arfa at home to Villa? Howay. That's like playing Shola ahead of Ba.

WTF are you on about. Pardew stated that he had intended to swap Best for Cisse at the 60 minute mark but he was forced to go early because of the injury.

If you hate Pardew, that's fine, but don't make up senseless s**** to try and support your position...

I'm a big fan of Pardew

My first 6 words :lol:

If you hate Pardew, that's fine, but don't make up senseless s**** to try and support your position...

I'm not sure Rocker hates Pardew, I can only remember him sticking up for him.

You intimated that Pardew just threw on Cisse without any consideration. Bearing in mind the alternative was Shola, what else was he supposed to do? Cisse's played with Demba before and Shola's been utterly gash in the last three games. It wasn't really the game for Ben Arfa today, Obertan looks w*** behind the striker - what else was Pardew meant to do? It was absolutely the correct thing to do bringing on Cisse straight away.

I err agree.

I'm not sure Rocker hates Pardew, I can only remember him sticking up for him.

Nah - it was JH claiming that Pardew threw on Cisse with little or no tactical consideration.  That makes no sense in light of Pardew's stated intention to put him on at the 60 minute mark.

You still said that Pardew didn't have a clue what he was doing with it, though. That's absolute tripe imo.

I just thought it was a chuck him on and see what happens, rather than a 60 minute master-stroke move that had been brought forward half an hour.

He just took a risk and it paid off.

I don't feel his "treatment" of HBA is malicious in any sense.  Overly cautious maybe.  With two subs off for injury already he might not have wanted to risk him in a game where villa were harrying and pressing hard?  I dunno.  I'm sure he has his reasons. 

I'm a big fan of Pardew

That is meaningless in light of you next comment.

It's like saying. I'm a big fan of chocolate except for all of the chocolate taste. It like it just decides to be chocolatey without any consideration for flavour.

I'm a big fan of Pardew

That is meaningless in light of you next comment.

It's like saying. I'm a big fan of chocolate except for all of the chocolate taste. It like it just decides to be chocolatey without any consideration for flavour.

Impossible to read that last line in anything other than Alan Partridge's voice.