Alan Pardew

JH

Here's my worst:

I must say, despite his blatant character and managerial flaws, he's actually very well presented. Handsome, meticulously groomed and obviously not averse to the odd sunbed session, I feel an odd kinship of sorts with this fellow.

I think the reaction to him getting the job was universally negative. Genuinely struggling to remember anyone who actually wanted him here. No need to try to re-write history, he was very unpopular at the time.

The fact he's won people over is fantastic. Good on him. :) 

Guest BooBoo

Here's my worst:

I must say, despite his blatant character and managerial flaws, he's actually very well presented. Handsome, meticulously groomed and obviously not averse to the odd sunbed session, I feel an odd kinship of sorts with this fellow.

You've got some horrors on there. Advocated pelting him with bricks at one point. :lol:

Here's my worst:

:lol: Came across one from you where you wished a shower of bricks to greet his entrance to SJP.

Guest BooBoo

I think the reaction to him getting the job was universally negative. Genuinely struggling to remember anyone who actually wanted him here. No need to try to re-write history, he was very unpopular at the time.

I wasn't trying to rewrite history, I just felt uncomfortable that there was still a post on the thread with me calling him a "shitstain", and a "tosser who should be strung up by his ballsack." :lol:

Here's my worst:

You've got some horrors on there. Advocated pelting him with bricks at one point. :lol:

:lol:

Mine would have been just as bad, certainly not going to delete them, it's a credit to him he's turned it all around.

Wouldn't say that's a horror, like. In some cultures of third word countries like Northern Ireland that's a warm welcome.

Anyway, since that Liverpool game 18 months back I've been consistent in my love for him. Even when he severely angered me by picking Smith and Lovenkrands.

I wasn't trying to rewrite history, I just felt uncomfortable that there was still a post on the thread with me calling him a "shitstain", and a "tosser who should be strung up by his ballsack." :lol:

Wasn't aimed at you mate. I think everyone had a pop, I certainly did, and he's proved me and thousands of others wrong. :)

I do not want him to be our manager one bit but the fans can't get on his back from the off, what's the point? Do people actually want us relegated?

I know someone will come back with "he will relegate us anyway" and to be honest they will probably be right but getting on his back is only going to make it an absolute certainty.

Support the team, support the club. You don't have to support the manager but "making your feelings known" is stupidly counter productive to the team you "support" having any sort of a chance.

I am very much a 'give it a try' and look for positives in anything but really didn't want him here.

Glad he proved us wrong :)

Guest firetotheworks

Unreal that we've guaranteed 6th and are playing for 3rd after being relegated 3 years ago. That just doesn't happen these days.

Being an excellent spotter of managerial talent,  :smug:  I was more than happy for Hughton to go (but badly treated), and for Pards to take over. HONEST!

However, I couldn't remotely believe that we would have achieved what we have done this season. Brilliant job by all at the club - Pards, Carver and Co. in the backroom, the players, the fans, and yes, also the owner / Chairman (except of course the standing and renaming debacles).

Can't wait for next season now, and to see who comes in during the summer. Anyone who doesn't want to stay can f*** off for the money, because you'd have to be mad to leave this club at the moment. The good times are back!!!  :smitten:  :D

Unreal that we've guaranteed 6th and are playing for 3rd after being relegated 3 years ago. That just doesn't happen these days.

If we paid what our players would now cost it would easy to see how we had bought our way into this position.

Guest BooBoo

Other than the stadium name debacle, the club has been very well run on and off the field since the Pardew appointment.

Here's my worst:

Your worst?  :lol: From one blatant lie to another. At least others have the courage to hold their hands up and admit that they were wrong, clearly that is too much to expect from you

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/pardew-confident-newcastle-will-be-even-stronger-next-season-1-4525018

Pardew confident Newcastle will be even stronger next season

By MILES STARFORTH

Published on Tuesday 8 May 2012 10:30

ALAN Pardew’s confident his Newcastle United side will be even better next season.

The club wraps up its Premier League campaign at Everton on Sunday.

Newcastle, if other results go their way, could finish as high as third in the Premier League – and qualify for the Champions League.

However, whatever happens at Goodison Park, and elsewhere, Pardew will be hugely satisfied with his team’s campaign.

And he’s confident his players will further enhance their growing reputations next season.

“Of course, I’m proud of them,” Pardew told the Gazette.

“It has been a significant season for us. We’ve had players who have earned new Premier League reputations.

“Next year, they’ll have to prove it wasn’t a one-year wonder, but I don’t think I’m going to have a problem with that.

“I know they are good players. It’ll be my job to make sure we are as motivated as we are.

“We’ve set the scene for next year. Regardless of what happens this next game, and how it unfolds, the scene is set.

“We’ll review the season when it’s over, and it isn’t over yet.”

United last won their final Premier League game in the 2005/06 campaign, when a goal from Titus Bramble saw Newcastle beat Chelsea at St James’s Park.

That season, United, then managed by Glenn Roeder, qualified for European football.

And Pardew’s hopeful his side can record a success at Goodison Park.

If Newcastle win, and Tottenham Hotspur draw or Arsenal lose, the club will finish in the top four.

“We just have to win, and do everything we can to get it,” said Pardew. “I’m very happy with my players – they’ve done everything they can.

“And the fans have been unbelievable this season – I can’t thank them enough.

“They’ve stayed with us, and I thank them from the bottom of my heart.”

Right, now that it's set in stone, my anger has turned to resignation.

I wish you all the best Mr Pardew, I genuinely hope, for the clubs sake, you can keep the players we love and move us onwards and upwards as you say.

I was sickened by the circumstances leading to your appointment, but I wish you all the luck in the world. Frankly, as we stand I can't see it ever happening, but if at some point we do start singing you name with joy rather than hate, you will have earned it.

:thup:

He certainly has to be fair. :D

Went mental when they sacked Hughton and the first day or so we knew about Pards, but then quickly found reasons to start defending him once there were calls for protest inside the ground.

Here's my worst:

Your worst?  :lol: From one blatant lie to another. At least others have the courage to hold their hands up and admit that they were wrong, clearly that is too much to expect from you

Excuse me?  :lol:

If you dig a little harder you'll find post from last month or so where I admit none of us wanted Pardew, of course we didn't. Unlike some on this board (ie plastic little nothings like you) I've stuck with him, even when we were out of form, while you were calling him every name under the sun for not starting Ben Arfa.

Enough, seriously. Get yourself a girlfriend.

Guest BooBoo

My reaction was outrage, disgust and then relatively quickly "let's see what he can do."

He's constantly impressed me and I found me warming to him very quickly. Lesson learned really not to pre judge. I just hope that if we don't hit the same heights next seain, we stick with him as I've seen enough to say he could really create something given the right amount of time and backing.

I've got very angry at him after we've lost a game and saw sense again after pain of lossing subsided somewhat. I hope he stays for a while, keep shaping the team, and only way to be confident once major players do start leaving and there's turnover.