Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BooBoo

It'll be very hard to match the achievements of this season. Hopefully we will improve the squad but I would expect Liverpool, Chelsea and possibly even Everton to improve also.

Top 8 should be the target, we'll be facing a tougher schedule too should we do anything in the Europa.

I think anger - disgust - resignation - hope sums it up for me.  I was proper furious at the evident corruption of the whole thing and before our first game hated him as part of it. By just before KO in that liverpool game I'd started to feel a bit sorry for him and wouldn't participate in his slagging. I think since the players backed him last season and he gave us some positive glimmers, I've never felt anything but positive.

Guest Chubby Jason

Now that we've seen what some of the players can do, if we fall closer to mid-table next season I think the knives will return for him.

Hope not.

I think only some of us are bright enough and very few have the balls to point out his blind spots and glaring mistakes. Those that understand the finer points of coaching and management will look to a number of bad decisions of AP's part. The most glaring of all being his inability to see that we had a ready made number 9 centre-forward in Alan Smith while the lad rotted on the bench, but I know we're in agreement on that.

Still a good season from the man, but room for improvement.

The first couple of pages.  :sad:

Let's give him a new thread.

Why? I don't get this clamour to rewrite history like, or delete something and pretend it didn't happen.

It's not far off a new thread anyway.

5th at least. What a fucking job he and his team have done. :clap:

Phenomenal.

Can only echo this. The odd mishap but a superb top by everyone at the club :indi:

I bitched like fuck at the appointment on here when he was appointed but after the initial disappointment regardless you had to get behind him and I have always said I'd judge him at the end of this season. 9.5/10 tbh.

Guest bimpy474

Alan fucking Smith, luckily that's a name that I won't be hearing as much next season.

Not but i bet your left bollock he's the guest on Sooper Sunday when we play Man Utd next season.

Alan Pardew is no 'new Joe Kinnear', his appointment at Newcastle could galvanise the club

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/newcastle-united/8189210/Alan-Pardew-is-no-new-Joe-Kinnear-his-appointment-at-Newcastle-could-galvanise-the-club.html

Don't read that if your blood pressure is already at a dangerously high level, it gave me one of those eye twitch things you get before a breakdown.

Pardew believes he can move the club on and push them towards Europa League qualification this season

Click Here

I've no idea if it's true or not, but FFS it wouldn't surprise me  :mackems:

:notbad: In hindsight, both very interesting, even if Pards was a year out with his prediction.

Guest BooBoo

I think it just shows why football is so gripping, endearing and addictive.

It's beyond belief really that considering his appointment and the devastation shown on this board, he could have his name sang from the stands as he danced on the pitch some 18 months later, basking in a job incredibly well done.

Response to the fairly recent 5-0 and 4-0 were nothing short of remarkable.We can't win every game and he has made mistakes, but he's clearly got something about him to inspire the same players to move on. He'd make a pretty tasty golfer.

But he'll always be a Cockney *anker :lol:

Massive credit and respect to Pardew. He's had his ups and downs (more of the former than latter really) but he and his coaching staff have really done a phenomenal job this season. Never would I have expected us to be guaranteed at least 5th place with a game to go, nor would I have imagined us being genuine challengers for a CL spot.

Looking forward to next season already. I reckon with a couple more quality signings, we'll maintain a challenge on the top 7 (anything else above this would be a huge plus).

Deserves huge credit for bringing the best out of Hatem Ben Arfa, and incoporating Cabaye, Ba and Cisse with him to near perfection,  around about the time people were questioning his methods.

His players are playing for him.... and with the exception of Hughton, when was the last time we could say that?

Also, despite the fact the rest of the country hated it... his antics in the Derby showed he knew how much it means.

Highest we have finished since Sir Bobby Robson was manager, f***ing unreal :clap:

Think that actually undersells him a tad.

He's pissed all over Bobby's last full season with arguably an inferior squad.

Aye. Bobby had 2 full seasons before he turned us around as well, and had 100% fan support from the off - Pards only needed the one season despite starting under intense pressure.

It's actually pretty ridiculous what he's achieved here.  :rose:

Aye. Bobby had 2 full seasons before he turned us around as well, and had 100% fan support from the off - Pards only needed the one season despite starting under intense pressure.

It's actually pretty ridiculous what he's achieved here.  :rose:

Chelsea, Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool didnt spend the millions that they spend on transfers now either. Making the job even harder!