Alan Pardew

JH

5.5 years?  Can anyone explain the logic behind?

Mike Ashley.

Ashley selling up in 2016. I'm 100% convinced of this.

Agree. Clear as daylight. And probably a yearly incentive for the manager to keep us in the prem. Each year Ashley claws back his loan by reinvesting as little as possible in the team, selling up eventually for approx what he paid. This is the real 5 year plan. Nothing to do with progressing the club in any way at all.

All this is bollocks, how do you justify getting a manager on the cheap while offering your 3rd/4th choice CB about £20k a week rise?

Whole thing stinks and Pardews youth/development squad quote should send alarm bells ringing in every fans heads as to where this is going!

This. Really worrying.

Guest TrueToon

i'll piss myself if pardew turns out to be a mint manager like :lol:

If that happend it would be good because that has to mean the team would be playing very well!  :snod:

LONG SHOT  :shifty:

All this is bollocks, how do you justify getting a manager on the cheap while offering your 3rd/4th choice CB about £20k a week rise?

Whole thing stinks and Pardews youth/development squad quote should send alarm bells ringing in every fans heads as to where this is going!

Yep.

Asset stripping time.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

No names spring to mind of young players he's helped develop and his previous clubs.  :no: I know you're suggesting that no new players will come in, but his track record doesn't spring hope into the situation that he'll get the best out of the young 'uns.

Jim White just said 'We'll bring you that press conference live on Sky Sports News'.

Hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CaulkinTheTimes

On Pardew presser, just repeating what #Nufc have said in official invite. No live TV coverage.

34 minutes ago via web

Five and a half year contract so that if (and unfortunately if a fucking big IF), the fat twat sells the club anytime in the near future, he mate gets a big payoff from the new owners when they replace him.

I'd hope the quote from the "What are they looking for" thread still applies

“Two or three experienced people in football have been sounded out and told those are the terms and conditions.

“All have been told the same thing; they will be rewarded for results and results only. There will be no £1.5million signing-on fee and no compensation clauses in their contract. The bottom line is Mike Ashley wants value for money and just as in his businesses, he expects to get it. The new manager will not be handed a treasure trove of cash to spend and nor will he be handed a contract which means he can be rewarded for failure.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

a 5.5 year contract makes him nigh on unsackable.

any idea of his terms and conditions yet?

I've only seen these two, so far:

Must sell 400 12th Man Memberships a month.

Must ask every fan if they'd like a Season ticket with every purchase.

I have fired me email off to SSN.

Aye me too.

Me too. Grant from Newcastle. I used word slimy, don't think they'll read that.

"I have a feeling of complete despair. Normally I'd give any manager chance regardless of my opinion, but Pardew's clearly been complicit in this slimy arrangement.  He is not welcome."

Also e-mailed the club and asked them to tell Mike Ashley that I think he's a massive cock, and it's important he realises I think he is one, not that he has one.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Jim White just said 'We'll bring you that press conference live on Sky Sports News'.

Hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

CaulkinTheTimes

On Pardew presser, just repeating what #Nufc have said in official invite. No live TV coverage.

34 minutes ago via web

Pre-recorded, with awkward questions edited out by the NUFC Press Officer?

I have fired me email off to SSN.

Aye me too.

Me too. Grant from Newcastle. I used word slimy, don't think they'll read that.

Also e-mailed the club and asked them to tell Mike Ashley that I think he's a massive cock, and it's important he realises I think he is one, not that he has one.

O0 :lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Suck it up guys, fuck all we can do about it.

How will people feel if once the dust settles he actually does well?

As The Sheik himself had humbled me.

http://guanabee.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/sheik.gif