Alan Pardew

JH

just been reading the quotes in the chronicle assigned to the infamous 'club source' talking about long term contracts and someone they can trust to grow the club. 

Even though I think he's pretty much got the gig I don't see how Pardew fits this at all.  Anyway, what does 'grow the club' mean?  is it getting match day attendances up over 50k each game and playing football that Sky/ESPN want to broadcast every week?  Can you see Pardew doing this?  or is this 'growth' to be youth academy/reserves etc?  Again, where has Pardew in the past displayed a knack for this?

just been reading the quotes in the chronicle assigned to the infamous 'club source' talking about long term contracts and someone they can trust to grow the club. 

Even though I think he's pretty much got the gig I don't see how Pardew fits this at all.  Anyway, what does 'grow the club' mean?  is it getting match day attendances up over 50k each game and playing football that Sky/ESPN want to broadcast every week?  Can you see Pardew doing this?  or is this 'growth' to be youth academy/reserves etc?  Again, where has Pardew in the past displayed a knack for this?

Yeah I read that to and thought no way that describes Pardew. In fact it's only marginal if he has more PL experience than Hughton. Certainly Hugton has a wealth more experience in side PL clubs.

I'm not convinced it';s a lock for Pardew yet, though that maybe just blind optimism. Rarely does the early favourite get the NUFC job, so I'm holding on to that hope.

That comment would suggest someone like MON to me. This regime has praised the "Aston Villa model" in the past. He would fit that bill, I can see them thinking he would be someone to grow the club.

Yeah I read that to and thought no way that describes Pardew. In fact it's only marginal if he has more PL experience than Hughton. Certainly Hugton has a wealth more experience in side PL clubs.

I'm not convinced it';s a lock for Pardew yet, though that maybe just blind optimism. Rarely does the early favourite get the NUFC job, so I'm holding on to that hope.

That comment would suggest someone like MON to me. This regime has praised the "Aston Villa model" in the past. He would fit that bill, I can see them thinking he would be someone to grow the club.

Remember the job discription Mort gave out for the job after Allerdyce was sacked......then KK was hired.

Aside from being an unpopular choice, what has Pardew actually done to offend so many on here?

It's the mixture of such a pathetically mediocre manager who's done nothing of note in years potentially being brought in to 'improve us' over a man like Hughton. The undying love for Hughton mixed with the dislike for Pardew, expectedly, creates an intense hatred for him. And I don't blame them one fucking bit.

I'm thinking 'outside of the box' here but bear with me

What if (big if) he turns up here and actually does a good job?

Give the lad a fair crack of the whip

He hasn't even got the job yet and he's been written off

How many Arsenal fans were doing hand stands when Wenger got the top job at Highbury?

I'm thinking 'outside of the box' here but bear with me

What if (big if) he turns up here and actually does a good job?

Give the lad a fair crack of the whip

He hasn't even got the job yet and he's been written off

How many Arsenal fans were doing hand stands when Wenger got the top job at Highbury?

Wenger = unknown quantity

Pardew = known tit

If he has been spotted around Newcastle, don't they have to do interviews with all the people that apply?

Might just be going through the motions until Jol gets here. If however this lacklustre prick takes charge then Ashley can say goodbye to staying up.

How did this pratt fair at Southampton? Was he sacked by the League 1 side or did he walk??

LEAGUE 1 FFS

Sacked due to concerns over poor staff morale (good team spirit and morale being just about the only thing that's been holding this club together at times over the past few years.)

How did this pratt fair at Southampton? Was he sacked by the League 1 side or did he walk??

LEAGUE 1 FFS

He took over a team that was coming out of administration with a 10 or 15 point deduction and turned them into an entertaining side to watch.

Dispite a late run of form they missed out on the playoffs but did win the Johnsons Paint Trophy

He left under a cloud early this season after alledgely playing hide the sausage with one of his players girlfriend