Alan Pardew

JH

what's happening now, we're turning against Pardew 'cause he's mouthy, is that it?

i just want to be clear so i'm on board - before leaving the UK to come back here i thought he'd handled the press well and we'd beaten wigan & west ham quite nicely to pull away from relegation a little bit

what changed, is he blaming players publicly for defeats?  souness-esque that like

I can´t believe how anyone can defend Pardew.

Why not just bring Souness back. Heard he doesn´t have a job.

Pathetic.

No matter what happens this season it will go downhill really badly the next one.

I can´t believe how anyone can defend Pardew.

Why not just bring Souness back. Heard he doesn´t have a job.

Pathetic.

No matter what happens this season it will go downhill really badly the next one.

Possibly, but I'll wait  for things to go downhill before dismissing him as another Souness, so far things have been relatively good.

Pardew seems too arrogant to learn from any mistakes he will make. He's come here as the complete manager in his and Ashleys eyes, him even admitting to himself he's in the wrong would signal weakness which he believes he doesn't have. I feel there is no chance of him learning from any mistakes he's made which was my main hope with Hughton.

Man, Pardew sounds like a pretty shitty piece of work. The longer he's here, the worse a decision his appointment becomes :dave:

(Have you got a link to the interview where he implies he's coming here as the complete manager? Got a few work colleagues who need their eyes opening)

what's happening now, we're turning against Pardew 'cause he's mouthy, is that it?

i just want to be clear so i'm on board - before leaving the UK to come back here i thought he'd handled the press well and we'd beaten wigan & west ham quite nicely to pull away from relegation a little bit

what changed, is he blaming players publicly for defeats?  souness-esque that like

Nah aside from the Stevenage embarassment (including wrongly playing Tiote), nothing bad has really happened. He could use more discretion in airing some of his views but I suspect that is just his style and it's no big tragedy. It's more like a bunch of people who are desperate to be proven right on how bad Pardew is gonna be, that are jumping on every little thing he does to criticize him. Unbelievable that after we beat Liverpool, Wigan and thrash West Ham, that fans are still not willing to give him a chance. I'm not saying give him a blowjob, but at least be honest give him credit when its due and see how things pan out first before playing the Souness card.

After the Stevenage game he said that the reason we lost was because "4 or 5 players were on empty and the younger players weren't up for it". In that case he should have played these players that were on empty and there were fuck all youth players in our side. A few days later he said that Krul was a major reason why we lost because he kicks & distribution were very poor. Bit of a daft comment considering our centrebacks were doing that and only that. He also made idiotic substitutions; there was no need to bring on Tiote. He may be a very influential player for us but he's also a DM. He'll now miss the next 3 matches.

That's off the top of my head. I'm fairly convinced that playing some of the youth players from the start who are on the fringes like Fergie & Ranger would have been more beneficial because it'd rest key players & give them a chance to show Pardew what they can do.. but we'll never know now.

People defending Pardew by pointing at the games he's won so far remind me of the hilarious mob who spent over a year pointing at Souness' long unbeaten run when he took over (ignoring that half the games were against a set of Israeli peasant village teams, who all played better than West Ham last week) and claiming it justified his position.

Pardew is already looking the total mug that he has previously proved himself to be and it will all come crashing down before long. I'm just glad we've already got a solid amount of points in the bag. :undecided:

Next season is going to be interest.

Nah aside from the Stevenage embarassment (including wrongly playing Tiote), nothing bad has really happened. He could use more discretion in airing some of his views but I suspect that is just his style and it's no big tragedy. It's more like a bunch of people who are desperate to be proven right on how bad Pardew is gonna be, that are jumping on every little thing he does to criticize him. Unbelievable that after we beat Liverpool, Wigan and thrash West Ham, that fans are still not willing to give him a chance. I'm not saying give him a blowjob, but at least be honest give him credit when its due and see how things pan out first before playing the Souness card.

thought so, this interested me

Pardew is already looking the total mug that he has previously proved himself to be and it will all come crashing down before long.

in the top flight has he proven himself to be a mug?  did well with WHU when they came up first season, second season there were a lot of mitigating circumstances for what happened at both WHU & CA imo

i think he DOES have to prove himself with this chance he's been given like, keeping us up comfortably and making steady progress next and i think he'll be doing OK

thought so, this interested me

Pardew is already looking the total mug that he has previously proved himself to be and it will all come crashing down before long.

in the top flight has he proven himself to be a mug?  did well with WHU when they came up first season, second season there were a lot of mitigating circumstances for what happened at both WHU & CA imo

i think he DOES have to prove himself with this chance he's been given like, keeping us up comfortably and making steady progress next and i think he'll be doing OK

Good points in both posts :thup: Still want a link to TT's interview though :angry:

FWIW despite the fact I never rated Pardew to begin with I don't want him to fail. I would love him to make a success of this job because we need to move forward as a club. The Stevenage game has set the Souness alarm bells ringing though. Not because of the result but the sheer number of avoidable mistakes which Pardew made in his selection then his use of substitutes. Pardew single handedly lost that game with his inept management. Hopefully it was just a bad day at the office but my fear is the players will have started to see through him and this will affect morale. While it's true it's early to judge him as a manager it's difficult not to have the nagging fear that he's just a flash talking bell end.

People defending Pardew by pointing at the games he's won so far remind me of the hilarious mob who spent over a year pointing at Souness' long unbeaten run when he took over (ignoring that half the games were against a set of Israeli peasant village teams, who all played better than West Ham last week) and claiming it justified his position.

Pardew is already looking the total mug that he has previously proved himself to be and it will all come crashing down before long. I'm just glad we've already got a solid amount of points in the bag. :undecided:

Next season is going to be interest.

You won't have to wait that long for things to get interesting.....

He's done well enough so far, but there's signs (the Stevenage game being a large one, his handling of post-match pressers and gobshitery in the papers being another) that things are going to blow up in our faces. Whether it's this season, this summer, or next season is anyone's guess, but I have almost zero faith in this smug prick to deliver any modicum of success.

The words 'honeymoon period' spring to mind.

Agree that it's not a particularly big deal (unless it does affect the players adversely in the long run), certainly the stuff about Jose's twittering. But how Hughton came accross in interviews was a breath of fresh air for me when he first took over, and is the only concrete thing so far that I miss.

Agree that it's not a particularly big deal (unless it does affect the players adversely in the long run), certainly the stuff about Jose's twittering. But how Hughton came accross in interviews was a breath of fresh air for me when he first took over, and is the only concrete thing so far that I miss.

Yep. Pardew's comments about Krul after the Stevenage game were ridiculous and Hughton's post match would have been completely different. Perfect example.

IMO the criticism of his quotes in the press has been way overblown. It's a non-issue for me, he's just a more open character and more conversational with the press than Hughton. Not a big deal at all.

Agreed.  Storm in a teacup.

Yep. Pardew's comments about Krul after the Stevenage game were ridiculous and Hughton's post match would have been completely different. Perfect example.

I liked how Hughton dealt with the press too, but there are very few managers that take his approach. He might have become more open over time as well, we'll never know.

I never like managers singling out players in public, but I don't think criticising Krul's kicking was too out of order. If it motivates the lad it's a good move, if it crushes him it's obviously a mistake.

I liked how Hughton dealt with the press too, but there are very few managers that take his approach. He might have become more open over time as well, we'll never know.

I never like managers singling out players in public, but I don't think criticising Krul's kicking was too out of order. If it motivates the lad it's a good move, if it crushes him it's obviously a mistake.

The comments were little more than a critical, and probably justified, observation and nowhere near a "personal attack".

If it were to crush Krul then frankly he's not cut out for a career at the top end of pro football, but it won't because he is.

IMO the criticism of his quotes in the press has been way overblown. It's a non-issue for me, he's just a more open character and more conversational with the press than Hughton. Not a big deal at all.

Agreed.  Storm in a teacup.

Nah, some of his comments are unnecessary and not really thought trough. To say it's storm in a teacup is bollocks.

A manager should be able to criticise a player in public without people crying about it.

Who's crying? Decent little discussion on the pros and cons IMO.

The comments about Souness are a bit ridiculous tbh.

All some people are saying is that the league results have been decent so far, which they have.