Alan Pardew

JH

Although no one has actually been signed yet I am encouraged by the type of players he seems to be looking at. Ireland is a flair player and Pardew has done his bit to get HBA signed up permanently. We have a hard working honest squad at the moment, Pardew has to use a limited budget to improve the quality which will go a long way to giving him some real credibility.

That can't be ruled out. I stupidly thought that as Pards was the first manager who Ashley et al seemed to support, I thought this would be reflected in the transfer market. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

That can't be ruled out. I stupidly thought that as Pards was the first manager who Ashley et al seemed to support, I thought this would be reflected in the transfer market. So far, that doesn't seem to be the case.

:sadnod:

Oh well, no point getting wound up yet. It's daft how much seems to happen in the last few days.

Guest sicko2ndbest

'When you look at it only Manchester City and Aston Villa have spent more this window, with many clubs using the loan market'

Referring to HBA capture

I can hear him saying it now :(

It feels like we're sitting back, refusing to be taken to the cleaners and waiting until the selling clubs have no other choice but to deal with us (like with HBA). And waiting for the last few days where players become available and other deals break down. Hopefully we'll see some action next week/on deadline day.

[/very firmly clutching at straws]

It feels like we're sitting back, refusing to be taken to the cleaners and waiting until the selling clubs have no other choice but to deal with us (like with HBA). And waiting for the last few days where players become available and other deals break down. Hopefully we'll see some action next week/on deadline day.

[/very firmly clutching at straws]

i shall clutch those straws with you

It's a dangerous game, brinkmanship and it won't work every time.

There must be a happy medium between not wanting to pay over the odds and waiting till the last second in the hope to get a bargain. As mentioned before, if we'd acted sooner and brought a striker in, we could have easily had another 4 points in the bag.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think with our current form coupled with key players returning in the next 3 weeks puts us in a position of strength as clubs know we are not desperate.

Clubs like west ham fulham Wigan etc will get taken to the cleaners because of their predicament.

I think pardew, Ashley etc are playing this well IF someone comes in!

Guest sicko2ndbest

Didn't see Routledge as a first team player for us, so was happy to let him go as a deal 'right for him'. 'We have to get better than Wayne and that's what we will aim to do.'.

It's decisive if nothing else

No need for him to go now though QPR would have had him in the summer!

Always been a certain slight bit of swelling on Gosling's knee that never went down. We've decided to have a look. 'Might be something floating around or a bit of cartilage that needs trimming.'

Missing for another three or four weeks.

'Got to get summer trading right if we're to move on (if we stay up). Already planning for the summer, got to make sure we get young, hungry players. Another Tiote and we'd be happy, he's been brilliant'.

Also, 35 points sounds like the target to avoid relegation. Then we can look at finishing above Sunderland (:facepalm:) and possibly even Europe.

The Carroll and Gosling injuries sound quite worrying, I just hope we're going to pull our finger out and get busy in the last few days of the transfer window. In fact the only positive thing is the Ben Arfa news.

I just really really hope it's not excuses and all talk. Just open the cheque book Mike, please.

'If Tiote and Carroll are in the team we can threaten anyone... [i want] to attack the league, we should expect to win every game... fear no-one'.

:thup: Might give it a listen now.