Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Howaythetoon

He's done better than I expected to be honest but I've seen little in the way of changes to suggest he himself is having the bigger impact. For me, the players themselves are just carrying on from the Hughton era. I think the best time to judge Pardew unless something drastically happens in a negative or ultra positive sense in between now and the end of the season, is next season where he'll no doubt add and detract from the squad and where we'll really see the Pardew NUFC.

He's done better than I expected to be honest but I've seen little in the way of changes to suggest he himself is having the bigger impact. For me, the players themselves are just carrying on from the Hughton era. I think the best time to judge Pardew unless something drastically happens in a negative or ultra positive sense in between now and the end of the season, is next season where he'll no doubt add and detract from the squad and where we'll really see the Pardew NUFC.

How can you say that? Seriously, what evidence is there?

Guest Howaythetoon

Results, performances etc.

I see far more worrying signs in the Pardew era than promising signs mind. I'm extremely worried for next season and I wouldn't discount a relegation battle this term just yet either despite our decent enough position.

I see far more worrying signs in the Pardew era than promising signs mind. I'm extremely worried for next season and I wouldn't discount a relegation battle this term just yet either despite our decent enough position.

if i may ask what worrying signs?

hes not done much wrong (other than the fa cup debacle) and considering our results this month without our best striker its pretty impressive

Again, not really based on anything but ok.

The results are going our way, we're performing well and the players still seem happy enough. Making additions to the squad aside, I can't see how anyone can do anything but praise Pardew so far :dontknow:

Out of the fixtures we have had with him as manager he has got above the points tally I was expecting. The Stevenage I'm not going to look to much into, lets put that down as one of those typical FA Cup shock results.

I think though that his substitution timing is pretty bad though, leaving it far too late in the game to make a change, however Hughton was very guilty of this as well.

So far, well done. Keep up the good work.

What's he saying that's really that bad? I think he's keen to talk to the press but I don't often find myself disagreeing with him.

wouldnt know, never bothered listening to him.  Heard mugs like Souness and Allerdyce spouting the usual cliches and dont see him being any different.  Remember him being a grade a whiner elsewhere and expecting the same to follow when the honeymoons over.

What is pleasing is that despite the massive furore there was after Hughton left and Pardew came in, the club as a whole appears to have settled down quite quickly. Unlike when KK left - the whole place was unsettled until the day we were relegated.

What is pleasing is that despite the massive furore there was after Hughton left and Pardew came in, the club as a whole appears to have settled down quite quickly. Unlike when KK left - the whole place was unsettled until the day we were relegated.

For that the players have to be commended IMO.

For that the players have to be commended IMO.

None moreso than Barton. :thup:

Would Hughton have made the changes to midfield that Pardew made at half-time?

Pardew made some good changes at half time but because we still had Nolan on the pitch we were effectively playing with 10 men by the end. Barton was also shattered but at least he was capable of setting up counter attacks. Pardew himself has said that the players were too gung ho at the end but if he's getting the credit for the changes at half time then he has to take the criticism for how we are failing to close out games.

His subs, on the whole, are hopeless imo - but i think i might be warming to him a bit. I'm starting to think he actually is a decent manager from a 'personality' perspective. He's done remarkably well maintaining the excellent team spirit when it had every chance of imploding. The subs are my biggest bugbear thus far cos i think, on numerous occassions, he's shagged it up. Spurs (away) and Stevenage are the stand-out ones.

I think we've got a squad of reliable dogs that will be always be secure yet unspectacular. We're not playing a great deal differently to when Hughton was here. There's the odd quality here and there but the side's fundamental weapon is spirit.

I had faith in Hughton to build on that, with a restricted budget, and have us challenging for the European spots within a couple of seasons. Pardew's biggest test, and the thing that will determine whether or not it was a good move by Ashley, is the transfer market. We're not going to have lots of money to spend... Hughton had accepted this and done a superb job with it. If Pardew does anything other than the same or better, it's a pointless failure where Ashley's concerned.

If, by some mental surprise, Ashley actually provides Pardew with a massive wad of cash to spend, it's doubley harsh on Hughton.

first time poster here, so will probs get slated but..

i must say im warming alot to pardew, and in my eyes his subs have mostly been spot on...like today, we were crying out for pace in the last 30 minutes, especially when they moved to 3 at the back..shola or best arent gonna trouble any side on the break are they?

and to be honest pardew spotted this, and tried to change the game accordingly