Alan Pardew

JH

Guest palnese

6 points from the last 2 instead of 2 would mean that we'd be on 34 with a game in hand over sunderland with 36 and spurs on 37. Done very well so far, shame that we couldnt get the 2nd goal and then got robbed in the final minutes

We're never going to compete for a place in Europe with this squad, if that's what you're thinking.

6 points from the last 2 instead of 2 would mean that we'd be on 34 with a game in hand over sunderland with 36 and spurs on 37. Done very well so far, shame that we couldnt get the 2nd goal and then got robbed in the final minutes

We're never going to compete for a place in Europe with this squad, if that's what you're thinking.

It appears that we are in the mix.

We are competing for it at the moment, though.

so is half the league

so is half the league

True.

You would expect the changes would help in that the new players would be less knackered than those going off though.

You would, so what is your problem with what Pardew did? And what do you mean by a rash of substitutions? Guthrie was fucked so had to go off. Lovenkrands did well and was a great outlet, and Ranger did a damn sight better than Ameobi when he came on.

Have no problem with anything he did today, I though with the players we had, we played fantastically well today. :thup:

He's doing a very fine job.

this

To be fair he had a great team to come in two, already knitted together and playing for each other. He has done well to come in and retain that, but he hasn't really done much to be judged on.

Its how he handles these injury crises, players suspended etc and who he plays instead. He also needs to make sure we sign someone. 

You would expect the changes would help in that the new players would be less knackered than those going off though.

You would, so what is your problem with what Pardew did? And what do you mean by a rash of substitutions? Guthrie was fucked so had to go off. Lovenkrands did well and was a great outlet, and Ranger did a damn sight better than Ameobi when he came on.

Usually a manager brings on players to tighten things up but the ball was still flying from end to end. I expected us to close them down a bit better with the fresh legs on.

first 7 premiership games in charge:

Wins - 3

Draws - 2

Losses - 2

Possible points - 21

Actual points - 11

Not too bad when you look at the cut and dry results. We've lost to Man City & Spurs and beaten Wigan, Liverpool and West Ham. We've also drawn against Spurs and Sunderland.

Overall... not a bad start. Fairly steady. Regardless however, I still can't bring myself to like him very much. It doesn't look like we'll be going down unless we totally start to fuck-up over the next 6 games or so.

Also, we seem to have been getting a ridiculous amount of injuries since he's popped up. You could say it's the fixture list, but we played more games last reasons more regularly and it wasn't this bad. Bit strange.

Wins - 3

Draws - 2

Losses - 2

Possible points - 21

Actual points - 11

Not too bad when you look at the cut and dry results. We've lost to Man City & Spurs and beaten Wigan, Liverpool and West Ham. We've also drawn against Spurs and Sunderland.

Overall... not a bad start. Fairly steady. Regardless however, I still can't bring myself to like him very much. It doesn't look like we'll be going down unless we totally start to f***-up over the next 6 games or so.

Also, we seem to have been getting a ridiculous amount of injuries since he's popped up. You could say it's the fixture list, but we played more games last reasons more regularly and it wasn't this bad. Bit strange.

It's this bias that represents the laughable SSN minority of toon fans.

Wins - 3

Draws - 2

Losses - 2

Possible points - 21

Actual points - 11

Overall... not a bad start. Fairly steady. Regardless however, I still can't bring myself to like him very much. It doesn't look like we'll be going down unless we totally start to f***-up over the next 6 games or so.

It's this bias that represents the laughable SSN minority of toon fans.

What bias is that?