Alan Pardew

JH

I don't see why people think Pardew would be disappointed. If I was in his position I would be excited about getting some large sum of money next season to make my mark on the squad.

True if he's getting anywhere near the full amount to spend. I doubt he is, but if he is I'll happily take all this back.

I don't see why people think Pardew would be disappointed. If I was in his position I would be excited about getting some large sum of money next season to make my mark on the squad.

True if he's getting anywhere near the full amount to spend. I doubt he is, but if he is I'll happily take all this back.

Don't know if that's what will actually happen or not but it's probably what he's been promised.

Don't know if that's what will actually happen or not but it's probably what he's been promised.

I hope you're right. If it is then Ashley would have to stick to it, otherwise he'd have another resigning manager on his hands.

I hope you're right. If it is then Ashley would have to stick to it, otherwise he'd have another resigning manager on his hands.

I hope I'm right. if we reinvested most of the fee in the squad and if Pardew spends it wisely, I daresay selling Carroll would actually be good business.

Blind hope is all I have anymore.

Didn't Ashley at some point back state that any incoming fees would be entirely reinvested back into the squad? It may have been before the relegation/up for sale malarky mind but I'm sure it was in one of the statements.

I said when he was first appointed that unlike the Hughton fan club members, that I would give Pardew a decent chance and judge him by two criteria

1) our form and how many points we get under him till end of January

2) how he handles the Jan transfer window

On our form, have to say it is impressive, beating Liverpool at home and Wigan away were excellent, thrashing West Ham was good even if the win was expected, drawing with Mackem and Spurs were good but unfortunate results due to conceding last minute goals, lost to Man City and Spurs away were expected, losing to Stevenage completely unacceptable. Overall he has done well and I believe got us more points than if Hughton was still in charge

On the recently concluded transfer window, I am far from happy in fact livid. He started the window saying quite rightly that we needed another striker to partner Carroll. I can accept that the selling of Carroll may have been out of his hand particularly with the transfer request, but it is unacceptable that he did not have a plan b and some deals lined up. Any decent manager would have prepared for all eventualities and when Carroll was sold, he was caught surprised like a squirrel under spotlights as proven by the last minute attempts to get Zoggy (who is not even a striker). So on that account, he gets a massive thumbs down from me  :thdn: and my judgment of him is now in the negative zone.

The only way he can make up for this stupidity and idiocy is by making sure that we are safe from relegation and spend whatever money he is given wisely in the summer, after what happened yesterday, I have my doubts on both accounts.

"Take this, from Pardew on January 17 for example. "They (Spurs) can put together whatever they like. He is not for sale. I am going to say it for one last time, he is not for sale." Or this from the manager at the end of December. "Andy's career path is here. He just has to keep working hard. We have to have a big-club mentality and hold on to our best players.""

Not quite worked out that has it mate. Pardews been done just as much as we have, dont blame him much in this tbh.

I don't blame pardew on this. I don't like him but I doubt he had much to say. Once the bid went into the silly amount catagory (above 20m) I doubt Llambias, the agents, club reps, barristers etc gave a fuck what he thought. Llambias probably said "this is now club business son." Pardew has probably been wrangling a committment for transfer funds in the summer and planning what exactly he is going to say when he faces the media and has to placate the fans.

I am certain what he says will be well reasoned and vastly more thoughtful than any of the usual bullshit we expect from the club. Hopefully he'll be truthful, but irregardless it will be something I want to hear. Something like: "It was a phenominal amount of money... one of the highest transfer fees ever... Andy submitted a transfer request... I won't force players to stay here... we will be able to add quality to the side with more funding in the summer due to this transfer... I understand the pain the supporters feel, believe me, I feel it too... I am disappointed that this happened so fast and so late... Transfer dealings are complex and like games sometimes you end up with a poor result... I am confident we will move on from here and be stronger... Hatem Ben Arfa is getting fit... Gosling is just coming back... we have quality and will be able to attract more in the future..."

There that pretty much covers his next press conference. How much of it will be true is the real issue.

I don't blame pardew on this. I don't like him but I doubt he had much to say. Once the bid went into the silly amount catagory (above 20m) I doubt Llambias, the agents, club reps, barristers etc gave a f*** what he thought. Llambias probably said "this is now club business son." Pardew has probably been wrangling a committment for transfer funds in the summer and planning what exactly he is going to say when he faces the media and has to placate the fans.

I am certain what he says will be well reasoned and vastly more thoughtful than any of the usual bullshit we expect from the club. Hopefully he'll be truthful, but irregardless it will be something I want to hear. Something like: "It was a phenominal amount of money... one of the highest transfer fees ever... Andy submitted a transfer request... I won't force players to stay here... we will be able to add quality to the side with more funding in the summer due to this transfer... I understand the pain the supporters feel, believe me, I feel it too... I am disappointed that this happened so fast and so late... Transfer dealings are complex and like games sometimes you end up with a poor result... I am confident we will move on from here and be stronger... Hatem Ben Arfa is getting fit... Gosling is just coming back... we have quality and will be able to attract more in the future..."

There that pretty much covers his next press conference. How much of it will be true is the real issue.

Good post, my problem with him though is not so much on the sale of Carroll but that he did not seem to have an idea on who to get in as replacement. Might be easier said than done, but he should have made contacts with clubs on some potential replacements and once the deal for Carroll went through, all that is left should have been to tie up lose ends (and maybe add 2-3M more since it's late in the transfer window). Instead he/we tried to go for N'zogbia which to me is a clear sign that Pardew had not prepared for all evetualities and in this case the worse scenario (i.e. of Carroll leaving at the last minute). We still had a good 4-6 hours left and if all he could come out with was a 12M bid for N'Zogbia, then that is pathetic!

Guest TheSummerOf69

The first thing Pardew did on walking through the door at St James' was lie through his teeth, so what did we expect?

He'll come out with some waffle today about looking forward to reinvest in the summer and how he insisted to Ashley that he gets all the money.

Cali is spot on.

I think the N'Zogbia bid wasn't serious as well.

What wasn't serious about it?

They probably knew it wouldn't be accepted and did it to look like they were trying to do something.

Cali is spot on.

I think the N'Zogbia bid wasn't serious as well.

What wasn't serious about it?

They probably knew it wouldn't be accepted and did it to look like they were trying to do something.

Wigan accepted £9m in the summer. So I would say 10-12m was a good bid.

The project is going to have to make sure his training & warm up schedules and routines are spot on. We've picked up a few more general short term injuries since he took charge and with our squad now even weaker than before we can't afford to have players picked up strains and th like. Particular Shola and Best.

Im really looking forward to hearing Pardew's first interview following the sale of Carroll.

wont be waiting to much longer then. I think its in the next hour isnt it?

Fully expect - 'offer to good to turn down, then once we had an indicition that he wanted to leave we had no choice but to accept. What we need to do is make sure the money is invested correctly on young hungry players that want to be here and that are big enough to wear the shirt - and we will do that. Ive spoke with Mike and Derek and we have identified players that we should be buying to take this club forward where it belongs'.

No need for anyone to listen to his interview now.

Im really looking forward to hearing Pardew's first interview following the sale of Carroll.

wont be waiting to much longer then. I think its in the next hour isnt it?

Fully expect - 'offer to good to turn down, then once we had an indicition that he wanted to leave we had no choice but to accept. What we need to do is make sure the money is invested correctly on young hungry players that want to be here and that are big enough to wear the shirt - and we will do that. Ive spoke with Mike and Derek and we have identified players that we should be buying to take this club forward where it belongs'.

No need for anyone to listen to his interview now.

Arrrreeeeee you paaarrrrdddeewww in dis-guise?