Alan Pardew

JH

Think we seen some good quotes from him today. Lets hope it´s just not good quotes but also that we lives up to them. Don´t think we need to spend all the Carroll money to improve (see this summer). But it would be a very risky game to play.

In a way I like the "new" Newcastle with a sound economy than under crazy Shepherd. Let´s just hope that we can continue to scout well. The success of a player at a club isn´t necessary how much he cost.

More Tioté and Ben Arfa please :thup:

The manager who signed those players is gone though.

We may have got him in on loan while Hughton was here, but did HBA not sign with us permanently under Pardew? I doubt he'd do that if Hughton was the sole reason for his arrival.

Think we seen some good quotes from him today. Lets hope it´s just not good quotes but also that we lives up to them. Don´t think we need to spend all the Carroll money to improve (see this summer). But it would be a very risky game to play.

In a way I like the "new" Newcastle with a sound economy than under crazy Shepherd. Let´s just hope that we can continue to scout well. The success of a player at a club isn´t necessary how much he cost.

We may have got him in on loan while Hughton was here, but did HBA not sign with us permanently under Pardew? I doubt he'd do that if Hughton was the sole reason for his arrival.

Shh don't say that, by Wullie's 'logic' when a signing turns out good, it must be all to Hughton's credit. Don't you know Hughton is the next Mourinho...that's why he is now managing err...

Shh don't say that, by Wullie's 'logic' when a signing turns out good, it must be all to Hughton's credit. Don't you know Hughton is the next Mourinho...that's why he is now managing err...

Christ how dull.

That's like saying if a manager leaves, every single player then immediately asks to leave too. How often does that happen?

Chris Hughton's the only manager I've ever seen who's apparently not allowed to get any credit for the signings he made. Tiote and HBA are credited to Carr and even Mike Ashley recently.

When Bobby Robson left and we had £50m to spend, I don't remember everyone saying "well at least we can buy more like Robert and Bellamy" because the bloke who picked them, signed them, was gone. If Wenger leaves Arsenal tomorrow do you think their fans will be saying "don't need him, we'll just find more players like Fabregas and van Persie"?

Pardew might be a genius with transfers but he has yet to prove it. He hasn't exactly started well.

That's like saying if a manager leaves, every single player then immediately asks to leave too. How often does that happen?

Chris Hughton's the only manager I've ever seen who's apparently not allowed to get any credit for the signings he made. Tiote and HBA are credited to Carr and even Mike Ashley recently.

When Bobby Robson left and we had £50m to spend, I don't remember everyone saying "well at least we can buy more like Robert and Bellamy" because the bloke who picked them, signed them, was gone. If Wenger leaves Arsenal tomorrow do you think their fans will be saying "don't need him, we'll just find more players like Fabregas and van Persie"?

Pardew might be a genius with transfers but he has yet to prove it. He hasn't exactly started well.

Silly

Christ how dull.

Dull coz you have no response?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway not as dull as your Hughton wank fest even after he is no longer relevant to Newcastle

Christ how dull.

Dull coz you have no response?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway not as dull as your Hughton wank fest even after he is no longer relevant to Newcastle

Hardly know why people go on about the mess the Halls and Shepherds left us in then... Guess I should lock the SBR thread too...

Christ how dull.

Dull coz you have no response?  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Of course he's relevant to the comment "more Tiotes and Ben Arfas please", he signed them. Might as well say "another Rob Lee and a Craig Bellamy please :thup:"

Grow up.

Indeed he did. Pardew signed Ben Arfa on a permanent deal for the next 4 and a half years (June 2015).

Indeed he did. Pardew signed Ben Arfa on a permanent deal for the next 4 and a half years (June 2015).

:jesuswept:

I'm talking about finding, scouting and deciding on good players, not which personnel were in the room with them when they signed a certain deal.

Not wanting to get dragged into this debate, because it's no real comment upon Pardew to say it, but given that under the Hughton regime, Ben Arfa was identified as a viable signing, the deal was negotiated with a view to the pot of money he had to spend, the lad was convinced to prefer us long before he had get well balloons sent to him, and he signed in what would have been a binding deal had De Jong not got in the way, I think it's fair to say Pardew contributed nothing more than a coup de grace to the affair.

Saying otherwise is like saying John Carver giving N'Zogbia his first start shows he saw the potential in him that Bobby Robson had failed to spot.

Pardew might well make some fantastic signings in the future but there's no way Ben Arfa was down to him. Although to his credit he did at least recognise that he was a special player and made public noises about how he wanted to seal a permanent deal. How much input Hughton had in identifying HBA and Tiote I have no idea but if it was significant he will be a big miss. 

Pardew might well make some fantastic signings in the future but there's no way Ben Arfa was down to him. Although to his credit he did at least recognise that he was a special player and made public noises about how he wanted to seal a permanent deal. How much input Hughton had in identifying HBA and Tiote I have no idea but if it was significant he will be a big miss.  

Noone to my knowledge has said HBA signing is soley down to Pardew, nor has anything said taken away from Hughton having any sort of role in his arrival. However, Wullie saying that he was a Hughton signing despite his signing a 4 and a half year contract when another manager is in the job is just barmy. If anything, and if there is to be no credit given to Pardew, it (not unusually) simply suggests that signing for the club is the more important factor than any particular manager in charge at the time.

BD, you're missing my point by a country mile man. We're discussing scouting and deciding on players, I'm not interested in Ben Arfa's decision making.

Of course not, coz HBA's decision making does not fit into your view/agenda of giving all credit to Hughton, selective as usual, why am I not surprised and I should be the one growing up  :idiot2:

BD, you're missing my point by a country mile man. We're discussing scouting and deciding on players, I'm not interested in Ben Arfa's decision making.

Of course not, coz HBA's decision making does not fit into your view/agenda of giving all credit to Hughton, selective as usual, why am I not surprised and I should be the one growing up  :idiot2:

So you still haven't explained why credit should not go to Hughton for the signings of Tiote and Ben Arfa?

So who is? Wise isn't here anymore. I don't have any doubt that Hughton scouted, researched, signed CT and HBA, nor do i have any doubt that he did the same with James Perch.

It's not a case of giving or taking credit from anyone, simply saying that saying 'another Tiote please' is no more valid than saying you want another Rob Lee because neither person who chose those players is here anymore. It's no more valid in fact than saying 'let's sign a Fabregas'!

It's very easy to talk about using these policies, it's quite another to consistently put them into practice.

So who is? Wise isn't here anymore. I don't have any doubt that Hughton scouted, researched, signed CT and HBA, nor do i have any doubt that he did the same with James Perch.

It's not a case of giving or taking credit from anyone, simply saying that saying 'another Tiote please' is no more valid than saying you want another Rob Lee because neither person who chose those players is here anymore. It's no more valid in fact than saying 'let's sign a Fabregas'!

It's very easy to talk about using these policies, it's quite another to consistently put them into practice.

Really? I find it hard to believe that Mike Ashley put that sort of power in Hughton's hands even though he didn't trust or rate him.

That said, I don't know the actual truth.

Why would Llambias be reportedly angry at Hughton for signing Best and Perch if the manager isn't responsible for transfers? Or are the bad transfers Hughton's responsibility and the good ones - like Tiote and HBA - scouted and handled by the omniscient regime that is Llambias, Ashley and superscout Carr?

Why would Llambias be reportedly angry at Hughton for signing Best and Perch if the manager isn't responsible for transfers? Or are the bad transfers Hughton's responsibility and the good ones - like Tiote and HBA - scouted and handled by the omniscient regime that is Llambias, Ashley and superscout Carr?

I didn't know he was angry, is there any evidence to support that?

Anyway, nobody knows the workings of how we conduct transfers so this is a totally pointless argument.

I didn't know he was angry, is there any evidence to support that?

Anyway, nobody knows the workings of how we conduct transfers so this is a totally pointless argument.

It was reported in the papers that they were not impressed with the signings of Best and Perch and that was one of the contributing factors in Hughton's sacking.  (Although Hughton was going to be sacked regardless).

They did the same with Keegan - claimed credit for Bassong and blamed Keegan for Xisco until the truth came out.