Alan Pardew

JH

aye. probably "pure class" is a little bit over the top. but compared to his age and experienced, he is.

Still he is good a enough to be playing. and playing time will only improve. but to be honest. i think he will be a better LW than LB. think he´s not that good defensively.

Got it totally wrong yesterday with his team selection and changes there after but no knee jerk here but for gods sake we have nowt to lose now playing players in there correct positions ,realistically Europe was a possibility and maybe still is but give some experience to the young lads now i.e second half run outs etc when possible.

Nobody buys 10 players in a transfer window man :lol:

Teams buy 10 players a window on a regular basis. Especially when it's needed.

That can't possibly be true? ???

it's not. I can't think of any team who regularly brings in 10 players a window :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_football_transfers_summer_2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_football_transfers_summer_2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Spanish_football_transfers_summer_2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italian_football_transfers_summer_2010

Sort by 'moving to' and read to your heart's content.

it's not. I can't think of any team who regularly brings in 10 players a window :lol:

West Brom and Blackpool in the last summer window, just for starters. When you have a thin squad that is lacking in depth and quality, you should aim to solve it.

The thing is we need 4-5 at the moment but then if players leave in the Summer, you could easily be talking of needing 10 players.

There aren't takers for enough of our players.

With the current squad I think we 'need' four or five players. At least three need to be capable of slotting in immediately.

West Brom and Blackpool in the last summer window, just for starters. When you have a thin squad that is lacking in depth and quality, you should aim to solve it.

Regularly?

The thing is we need 4-5 at the moment but then if players leave in the Summer, you could easily be talking of needing 10 players.

There aren't takers for enough of our players.

With the current squad I think we 'need' four or five players. At least three need to be capable of slotting in immediately.

"need" is a subjective term though.

I agree that we need 10 players if our goal next season is the Champions League. :lol:

Regularly?

He was clearly saying it was a regular occurrence, rather than the same teams regularly do it.

"need" is a subjective term though.

I agree that we need 10 players if our goal next season is the Champions League. :lol:

As it stands we need two forwards and a central midfielder who can walk into the team as first choices.  After than we need cover for Simpson, Barton and Enrique. 

If any players from the first team or squad leave then they'll need to be replaced.

If we ended up signing 10 players, chances are that 5-6 of the would be 'Danny Guthries' and everyone would be moaning at the next window that we need rid of them.  Re-building take time and can't be done over one window.

If we ended up signing 10 players, chances are that 5-6 of the would be 'Danny Guthries' and everyone would be moaning at the next window that we need rid of them.  Re-building take time and can't be done over one window.

It can be done over one window. It all depends on the board, the manager and the players that already have been there.

It can be done over one window. It all depends on the board, the manager and the players that already have been there.

10 players? Even if we spent all the money from the Carroll fee we'd be spending £3.5m on average on players.  Not everyone player is going to be a Tiote before you point that out as well.  We'd be better off spending a bit more on less players and then doing the same over a few windows.

Who was the last team to buy ten quality players in one window?  It doesn't happen in the real world unless you have Man City levels of money.

Guest BooBoo

Pardew saved us our point in last weeks result against Bolton, by getting it tactically right. Yesterday he got it totally wrong in his selections. Rough with the smooth...

Yep, good point.

Yesterday we just ran out of bodies. The fact that a young kid like Ferguson was involved tells you everything about how stretched the squad is at the moment.

Guest BooBoo

I'm dreading next season. I fear the worst.

I said the same at the start of this season. Theres a hell of a lot of shite in the Premier League and you dont need to have a great deal of quality to finish comfortably in mid table.

10 players? Even if we spent all the money from the Carroll fee we'd be spending £3.5m on average on players.

there should be more than 35m available to spend

Pardew saved us our point in last weeks result against Bolton, by getting it tactically right. Yesterday he got it totally wrong in his selections. Rough with the smooth...

It could be argued that his policy of loaning out players and not replacing them cost us points.