Alan Pardew

JH

The worst thing about this whole 'Alan Pardew' situation , is not his mangerial ineptitude , not his incredibly average CV, but the snidy , horrible way he seems to have been plotting this for weeks with MA and DL behind a man like Hughtons back. Disgusting and they should be ashamed.

Pardew's managerial career, as I am mightily bored:

Reading

1999/2000: Finishes 10th in League One

2000/2001: League One playoff final defeat

2001/2002: Automatic promotion to the Championship

2002/2003: Championship playoffs defeat - leaves for:

West Ham

2003/2004: Championship playoff final defeat

2004/2005: Championship playoff final victory

2005/2006: Finishes 9th in Premier League, FA Cup final defeat

2006/2007: Worst run of defeats for West Ham in over 70 years including League Cup defeat to Chesterfield - sacked in December, turns up at:

Charlton

2006/2007: Takes over in December, relegated from the Premier League

2007/2008: Finishes 11th in the Championship

2008/2009: Near the foot of the table and without a win in eight - sacked in November, turns up at:

Southampton

2009/2010: Narrowly misses out on League One playoff spots despite 10pt deduction, wins Football League Trophy - sacked

Loads better than Hughton, that.

being fair hughton had the best squad in his division to work with.

however... Mr Ashley,

Could you please tell us why you are waiting to announce the appointment of Alan Pardew as you know, I know, my auntie Joan in toronto and quite probably people in coma's and persistent vegetative states know that you planned it a while ago to let Mr Hughton go and replace him with Mr Pardew ?

Why are you trying to make it appear that you are now starting the search process when you actually decided weeks ago and had Mr Pardew informed ?

Cheers, an interested party.

Hughton made it the best squad in the division imo.

We had 4 strikers that were either young or not that good but he got the most out of them and brought on Carroll amazingly.

Our midfield were no great shakes either, especially pre-Routledge but he got the best out of them and used them to their strengths.

Bar Enrique our defence was horrendously low on confidence/out of form but he instilled that back into them and got them performing to their best.

People keep saying he had the best squad but you just have to look at how they were performing when we went round to see how confidence had completely torn apart any shred of ability.

Look at Boro, I would say their squad was a lot better than most in that division. Same again this season with the additions they made but they haven't got a manager capable of getting the best out of them.

:clap:

Hughton doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for last season. Never even gets mentioned that it's under his stewardship that Carroll has turned from sub-par Championship striker to England international in under a year.

Suppose it would have happened anyway. :rolleyes:

Guest firetotheworks

I wonder what would happen if, when he arrived we all just sang 'Fuck off Pardew!' and during matches too. The thought of this cunt being picked over Hughton is just unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if pretty much the entire squad that went through the relegation shite decided enough is enough, and know that they cannot win with this absolute, grade A cunt's finger over the implode button.

I wonder what would happen if, when he arrived we all just sang 'Fuck off Pardew!' and during matches too. The thought of this cunt being picked over Hughton is just unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if pretty much the entire squad that went through the relegation shite decided enough is enough, and know that they cannot win with this absolute, grade A cunt's finger over the implode button.

Reckon there might be a few transfer requests handed in if he comes, can't say i'd blame anyone this time round.

Though that's probably Ashley's plan, Smith, Barton & Nolan off the wages sounds like heaven to him.

I wonder what would happen if, when he arrived we all just sang 'f*** off Pardew!' and during matches too. The thought of this c*** being picked over Hughton is just unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if pretty much the entire squad that went through the relegation s**** decided enough is enough, and know that they cannot win with this absolute, grade A c***'s finger over the implode button.

He is that arrogant he would probs think the fans were singing "pardew is a geordie"

Cannot believe this might come to pass.  Nothing against the bloke, but can't believe a sacked League 1 manager represents a better bet than Hughton and more to the point can't believe how shabbily Hughton was treated if this is the calibre of replacement we had in mind.  Not that it counts for f*** all, but I won't be going back until Ashley disappears into the sunset.

I can almost feel myself turning into one of those people who just likes to see all the North East teams doing well but doesn't really give that much of a f*** about any of them :(

he wasn't sacked from southampton for footballing reasons, in fact i remember many of their fans being up in arms (much in the same way many of our fans are) about it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I could actually be sick.

Don't lie. Unless you are ill with an existing condition.

Mike Ashley innit.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I could actually be sick.

Don't lie. Unless you are ill with an existing condition.

I have the condition "Newcastle United".

I wonder what would happen if, when he arrived we all just sang 'f*** off Pardew!' and during matches too. The thought of this c*** being picked over Hughton is just unbelievable. I wouldn't be surprised if pretty much the entire squad that went through the relegation s**** decided enough is enough, and know that they cannot win with this absolute, grade A c***'s finger over the implode button.

He is that arrogant he would probs think the fans were singing "pardew is a geordie"

Fans: Boooooooo

Pardew: What's that they're singing?

Ashley: ....oh....its....erm...Pardeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Llambias: I was singing Pardeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwww

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up4LTKxe0PA

Reading

West Ham

2006/2007: Worst run of defeats for West Ham in over 70 years including League Cup defeat to Chesterfield - sacked in December, turns up at:

Charlton

2008/2009: Near the foot of the table and without a win in eight - sacked in November, turns up at:

Southampton

2009/2010: Narrowly misses out on League One playoff spots despite 10pt deduction, wins Football League Trophy - sacked

How depressing

Really? Judging from the comments in this thread, I thought relegation with Charlton/run of defeats with WHU would be the highlight of his previous managerial positions. It's just a genuine lack of experience instead.

It's nowhere near on the scale of Souness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=up4LTKxe0PA

Easily my favourite and most quoted Simpsons bit.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was he the guy that never used Mascherano?

Hayden. Mullins.

:lol: This is going to be great.

Who are you?

I am The Tiote.

No, you're the tit on the bench - SIT DOWN!

Hoy, Smithy, go get 'em, Tiger!

Quote from: Wullie on Today at 08:47:13 PM

Quote from: Cajun on Today at 08:42:50 PM

Quote from: madras on Today at 08:33:57 PM

Quote from: Dave on Today at 08:27:15 PM

Reading

West Ham

Charlton

Southampton

being fair hughton had the best squad in his division to work with.

however... Mr Ashley,

Could you please tell us why you are waiting to announce the appointment of Alan Pardew as you know, I know, my auntie Joan in toronto and quite probably people in coma's and persistent vegetative states know that you planned it a while ago to let Mr Hughton go and replace him with Mr Pardew ?

Why are you trying to make it appear that you are now starting the search process when you actually decided weeks ago and had Mr Pardew informed ?

Cheers, an interested party.

Hughton made it the best squad in the division imo.

We had 4 strikers that were either young or not that good but he got the most out of them and brought on Carroll amazingly.

Our midfield were no great shakes either, especially pre-Routledge but he got the best out of them and used them to their strengths.

Bar Enrique our defence was horrendously low on confidence/out of form but he instilled that back into them and got them performing to their best.

People keep saying he had the best squad but you just have to look at how they were performing when we went round to see how confidence had completely torn apart any shred of ability.

Look at Boro, I would say their squad was a lot better than most in that division. Same again this season with the additions they made but they haven't got a manager capable of getting the best out of them.

Clapping

Hughton doesn't get anywhere near enough credit for last season. Never even gets mentioned that it's under his stewardship that Carroll has turned from sub-par Championship striker to England international in under a year.

Suppose it would have happened anyway. {$default_roll_eyes_smiley}

Or that Enrique is now one of the best left backs in the league. Or that Colocinni has gone from a clown to comandante. Or that Barton has turned his career around. Etc,etc. Many seem to forget just how fucked our squad was in terms of morale at the start of last season too. Winning the championship in that style was a pretty fantastic achievement.