Fucking he'll the reactions :)

12th is a great season

He had players running on empty

Probably be a good thing in the long run dampen expectations

Fucking he'll the reactions :)

12th is a great season

Great? No, no, no. 7th/8th would have been a 'great' season.

f***ing he'll the reactions :)

12th is a great season

Great? No, no, no. 7th/8th would have been a 'great' season.

:dowie:

Perspective needed

Now I've switched to the working keyboard...

Today was a shitty second half, but i hold the players accountable more so that Pardew. We switched off at 3-0, the momentum had gone long before smith came on, if anything he brought him on because we had no ball winners in the middle of the park.

As for the job he's done overall it's been good. He's had some dodgy moments but to finish twelth is a fantastic first season back in the league. To think people would of been happy with 17th at the start of the season, some people need to wake the f*** up and look at the bigger picture.

Pardew has had a decent season but a couple of the results have been down to his crap decisions. The Stevenage game was down to him and now this one. You can only hope that he's learned his lesson and won't let Smith near the pitch again.

I think people have every right to be annoyed as they like at today. Elated we've stayed up with the limited squad we've been dealt but to end on such a complacent note deserves criticism. Complacency by the players and complacent subs have spoilt what could have been a 'great' season. Let's hope for a fruitful summer

I think people have every right to be annoyed as they like at today. Elated we've stayed up with the limited squad we've been dealt but to end on such a complacent note deserves criticism. Complacency by the players and complacent subs have spoilt what could have been a 'great' season. Let's hope for a fruitful summer

Do explain

We were cruising, then took our foot off the pedal at three? How is that his fault?

Because it's like playing with 10 men.

We'd lost our momentum before Smith came on though...

Pardew's first substitute came too late, in my opinion, because like you say the momentum had begun to shift and the game was completely disjointed (due to a few injuries in a short period of time that held things up). They then made it 3-1 around 5 minutes after this, which led to my first complaint (to myself, admittedly).

In fairness, he then reacts with a decent enough sub, given that Fergie had progressively got quieter as the game played out and Lua Lua would provide a good outlet with his pace and dribbling ability (which he did on a few occasions), but soon lost the plot by bringing Smith on for Lovenkrands. Ameobi was a spent force by then, as usual, so I don't see why Ranger or Best couldn't have come on for him then and there. Lovenkrands was still looking lively to me. Pardew said himself this week that Smith would only be used "in an emergency", if I remember right, and this was far from it at the time.

Then I think it went 3-2 before Best came on for Guthrie, who probably was struggling by that point due to the fact it was his first game for a while after an injury, but which again proved to be a poor decision at the end of the day because it left Ameobi still toiling and we went on to concede yet another goal. Not to mention the fact that Smith was poor and Best was falling over a fair bit (despite looking lively).

Basically, with the benefit of hindsight added to what I was thinking while watching live, Lua Lua for Ferguson was fair enough but came too late, I then would have brought Ranger on for Ameobi and later Best/Kuqi on for Lovenkrands, depending on what the score was by then, and hoped that Guthrie could soldier through. We might still have drawn 3-3 or even lost 4-3, but I'm more confident we would have held on with those changes.

Just bizarre from Pardew, really, although the players do have to shoulder the majority of the blame - they are the ones out there struggling, at the end of the day.

We were cruising, then took our foot off the pedal at three? How is that his fault?

Pardew's first substitute came too late, in my opinion, because like you say the momentum had begun to shift and the game was completely disjointed (due to a few injuries in a short period of time that held things up). They then made it 3-1 around 5 minutes after this, which led to my first complaint (to myself, admittedly).

In fairness, he then reacts with a decent enough sub, given that Fergie had progressively got quieter as the game played out and Lua Lua would provide a good outlet with his pace and dribbling ability (which he did on a few occasions), but soon lost the plot by bringing Smith on for Lovenkrands. Ameobi was a spent force by then, as usual, so I don't see why Ranger or Best couldn't have come on for him then and there. Lovenkrands was still looking lively to me. Pardew said himself this week that Smith would only be used "in an emergency", if I remember right, and this was far from it at the time.

Then I think it went 3-2 before Best came on for Guthrie, who probably was struggling by that point due to the fact it was his first game for a while after an injury, but which again proved to be a poor decision at the end of the day because it left Ameobi still toiling.

Basically, with the benefit of hindsight added to what I was thinking while watching live, Lua Lua for Ferguson was fair enough but came too late, I then would have brought Ranger on for Ameobi and later Best/Kuqi on for Lovenkrands, depending on what the score was by then, and hoped that Guthrie could soldier through. We might still have drawn 3-3 or even lost 4-3, but I'm more confident we would have held on with those changes.

Just bizarre from Pardew, really, although the players do have to shoulder the majority of the blame - they are the ones out there struggling, at the end of the day.

Sympathy subs, basically. Give two nice lads coming back from injury some game time in what looks like a banker before the end of the season.

I can understand the sentiment but I'm certainly not happy with them.

Now I've switched to the working keyboard...

Today was a shitty second half, but i hold the players accountable more so that Pardew. We switched off at 3-0, the momentum had gone long before smith came on, if anything he brought him on because we had no ball winners in the middle of the park.

As for the job he's done overall it's been good. He's had some dodgy moments but to finish twelth is a fantastic first season back in the league. To think people would of been happy with 17th at the start of the season, some people need to wake the f*** up and look at the bigger picture.

:clap: well said.

Then I think it went 3-2 before Best came on for Guthrie, who probably was struggling by that point due to the fact it was his first game for a while after an injury, but which again proved to be a poor decision at the end of the day because it left Ameobi still toiling and we went on to concede yet another goal. Not to mention the fact that Smith was poor and Best was falling over a fair bit (despite looking lively).

Fair play.

While I personally wouldn't of brought Smith on, I can see his logic in a way, Guthrie was flagging and we were getting overran in the middle. I think he brought him on to be a ball winner but he just hid as usual.

The opportunity to give 'ball winner' Smith a runout for the craic. Much as it bothers (or not as I may suspect) you that people are disappointed by this to the extent they are I doint begrudge them this. Doesn't matter what point you bring him on whether it was after goal X or before goal Y; you conced possession. Agreed it requires perspective and I'm pleased with the season but I don't feel the need to 'wake the fuck up' as you eloquently put it just because 9th was so close and dodgy performances and subs blew it. I don't blame any one individual in particular but 3-0 to 3-3 smacks of all round complacency wouldn't you agree?  

The opportunity to give 'ball winner' Smith a runout for the craic. Much as it bothers (or not as I may suspect) you that people are disappointed by this to the extent they are I doint begrudge them this. Doesn't matter what point you bring him on whether it was after goal X or before goal Y; you conced possession. Agreed it requires perspective and I'm pleased with the season but I don't feel the need to 'wake the f*** up' as you eloquently put it just because 9th was so close and dodgy performances and subs blew it. I don't blame any one individual in particular but 3-0 to 3-3 smacks of all round complacency wouldn't you agree?  

It does

I should add that he'd more than won me over before today though, and I still back him. We were outstanding at times in the first-half with a team that was nowhere close to being our strongest eleven and his constant belief that we should be an attacking team who look to win every game we play is music to my ears. To me, when watching us, there is no doubt that we have improved since he's come in - whether that's down to him personally or his coaching staff, or just the fact that we've got more to grips with the standards of the PL, who knows? You can never pin it down to just one thing.

I do think it's fair enough to criticise him when he makes decisions (or makes them too late) that directly contribute to us surrendering a three goal lead, though. Individual players will receive the same in the other threads on here, again rightly so.

Just a sour end to what has been a wonderful season, for the most part, so people's frustration is natural. I think everyone would have preferred to have gone out on a high and patted him on the back for a job well done, rather than be picking the bones out of his substitutions again.