Alan Pardew

JH

People also try to make out is his time here has been much worse than it is, he's been decent.

He was supposed to have been an upgrade, our league position suggests that he's not.

Seriously, get a fucking grip man.

No, people realise that Pardew has had marginally harder fixtures overall and a far weaker squad. Precisely whose decision it was to sell Carroll/for us not to sign anyone of note has nothing to do with it. In terms of pure 'results getting', Pardew has almost certainly done better than Hughton.

He's bound to have had marginally harder fixures, he's had more than half a season so he had to have had the harder ones as you nearly always swap fixtures at the half way point.

Of course it would be a good decision. What's the other option - give this arse 30 million? I remember when Shepherd gave that and more to Souness and nearly everyone other than Mick and I thought it was brilliant.

Seriously, get a f***ing grip man.

:lol:

I just don't get it how you and some other people can compare the two considering the difference in resources (players) available.

People also try to make out is his time here has been much worse than it is, he's been decent.

He was supposed to have been an upgrade, our league position suggests that he's not.

I'm not contending that point though, the decision to sack Hughton was ridiculous, but at the same time Pardew has come in and done a decent job.

I'm not contending that point though, the decision to sack hughton was ridiculous, but at the same time Pardew has come in and done a decent job.

I think there is some underestimation of the fact Pardew had to pick up a group of players who were no doubt in shock and probably didn't agree with the removal of Hughton either. Pardew has done well; time will tell if he spends whatever money he gets well.

I just don't get it how you and some other people can compare the two considering the difference in resources (players) available.

It doesn't work like that though, Ferguson is supposed to be the best manager in the country based on him having different resources to everybody else.

As The Prophet once said, sacking Hughton was ridiculous, but imo Pardew has been the better of the two. Not by very much though, whether you want to call it an upgrade or not is another matter.

I'm not contending that point though, the decision to sack hughton was ridiculous, but at the same time Pardew has come in and done a decent job.

I think there is some underestimation of the fact Pardew had to pick up a group of players who were no doubt in shock and probably didn't agree with the removal of Hughton either. Pardew has done well; time will tell if he spends whatever money he gets well.

Well said.

It doesn't work like that though, Ferguson is supposed to be the best manager in the country based on him having different resources to everybody else.

It's not exactly a comparable situation is it?

I'm not contending that point though, the decision to sack Hughton was ridiculous, but at the same time Pardew has come in and done a decent job.

Fair enough although I don't agree about the decent job as I'll always base my opinion of him coming in as a supposed better manager so I'll expect him to do better than the person he's replaced.  In the league alone he probably has done slightly better, taking the cup into it, I don't think that he has done better.

They never are and that's my point.  People still make comparisons when situations are never the same and it has always been the case.

They never are and that's my point.  People still make comparisons when situations are never the same and it has always been the case.

Dont understand why you dragged red nose in to this really, it's a totally different thing. What im comparing is two managers who have had about the same amount of games each with NUFC during the same season (Pardew a few more) About the same squad with everyone fit and no suspensions, where Pardew has as good if not better points/game than Hughton. And this with Hughton having a lot less injurys/suspensions and been at the club for some time before this season started compared to Pardew who came in in a difficult situation in the middle of everything.

Guest BooBoo

The end of next season is the time to judge him..

Tend to agree. Any manager really needs at least one full season to be fairly judged.

We finished 12th, but I think he would have managed us to a better league finish had Carroll not been sold or even a semi sort of decent replacement coming in for him.

I expect him to spend his money well in the summer. 10th must be the target for next season. He must be backed in the summer.

For me the problem for a lot of people is they can't seperate their feelings of Pardew from that of Ashley, Llambias and the Hughton sacking.

The Hughton sacking was completely out of order. The bloke did have a questionable home record, but putting that aside he dragged us from out darkest hour. He got us promoted, fostered an excellent team spirit, got players performing again and also did reasonably well in the transfer market. Chris will always be a legend due to his short but influential spell in charge, and the way Ashley treated him with such contempt was frankly shameful.

I'm not a massive fan of Pardew as a person and I, like others, wasn't particularly impressed when he took over. At the same time he's done a decent job. He's steadied the ship since Hughton's departure and managed to maintain the excellent team spirit while having to deal with a substantial injury list and the sale of his most potent striker. At the same time we've looked far more assured at home. Having said all that, the jury is still out. Until we've seen his transfers, how he molds the team and the how we perform next season, it isn't possible to tell if this is a good or a poor appointment. So far so good, but next season is the real test of his abilities.

For me the problem for a lot of people is they can't seperate their feelings of Pardew from that of Ashley, Llambias and the Hughton sacking.

The Hughton sacking was completely out of order. The bloke did have a questionable home record, but putting that aside he dragged us from out darkest hour. He got us promoted, fostered an excellent team spirit, got players performing again and also did reasonably well in the transfer market. Chris will always be a legend due to his short but influential spell in charge, and the way Ashley treated him with such contempt was frankly shameful.

I'm not a massive fan of Pardew as a person and I, like others, wasn't particularly impressed when he took over. At the same time he's done a decent job. He's steadied the ship since Hughton's departure and managed to maintain the excellent team spirit while having to deal with a substantial injury list and the sale of his most potent striker. At the same time we've looked far more assured at home. Having said all that, the jury is still out. Until we've seen his transfers, how he molds the team and the how we perform next season, it isn't possible to tell if this is a good or a poor appointment. So far so good, but next season is the real test of his abilities.

Aside from the fact I don't believe the ship needed steadying, I agree with this.