1999/2000: Finishes 10th in League One

2000/2001: League One playoff final defeat

2001/2002: Automatic promotion to the Championship

2002/2003: Championship playoffs defeat - leaves for:

West Ham

2003/2004: Championship playoff final defeat

2004/2005: Championship playoff final victory

2005/2006: Finishes 9th in Premier League, FA Cup final defeat

2006/2007: Worst run of defeats for West Ham in over 70 years including League Cup defeat to Chesterfield - sacked in December, turns up at:

Charlton

2006/2007: Takes over in December, relegated from the Premier League

2007/2008: Finishes 11th in the Championship

2008/2009: Near the foot of the table and without a win in eight - sacked in November, turns up at:

Southampton

2009/2010: Narrowly misses out on League One playoff spots despite 10pt deduction, wins Football League Trophy - sacked

Loads better than Hughton, that.

Bump.

What a joke.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

David Craig reckons there is more than one man in the running and that nothing has been signed yet, Although he isn't saying Pardew won't eventually be appointed but it looks like we might have to wait til Friday time to find out either way...

Sounds like the takeover talk. The guy's a tit.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can't fucking believe this, seriously!

I wish I could say this, but the truth is, a few people saw it coming weeks ago, and its been the only thing on the cards since Monday.

Guest TrueToon

For those who think im an illiterate b****** the letters "G" and "K" are broken on my keyboard... That is all...  :shifty:

good job for you kng kevin keegan isn't coming back then.

:lol:

The BBC usually only put things on their site when they are certain.

Didn't they once break the news that Redknapp was set to be new manager after Keegan?

David Craig reckons there is more than one man in the running and that nothing has been signed yet, Although he isn't saying Pardew won't eventually be appointed but it looks like we might have to wait til Friday time to find out either way...

Sky string it out. The love a bit of drama on the Tyne. As long as they keep mentioning Pardew they can turn around the claim the exclusive in the future.

Other candidates in the frame = try and squeeze a few more quid out of the betting.

That's what I thought :lol: David Craig knows fuck all. People just in denial over the inevitable.

Guest TrueToon

In the process of appointing a new manager they will be interviewing a number of candidates, But when Mike Ashley's intentions for the club evolve completely around financial gains and power he has, there isn't going to be a good manager appointed, theres just going to be a yes man ... Enter Pardew...Desperate...

Shocked by the amount of comments i have read in this thread saying they will jack in NUFC after this, i mean com'mon guys, supporting this club is never ever a walk in the park!  Have to support us through thick and thin.