Alan Pardew

JH

He is what he is, and we are what we are...7th best team in the country. We're going to get crappy results, performances, managerial decisions along the way, or we'd be top 4. Some people on here need to have a word tbh.

Stoke will overtake us within the next month.

He is what he is, and we are what we are...7th best team in the country. We're going to get crappy results, performances, managerial decisions along the way, or we'd be top 4. Some people on here need to have a word tbh.

Some decisions he's made recently are terrible, though.

There must be something behind the scenes re: Ben Arfa, I'm beginning to think that he really can pick his position in the side if he's on, otherwise it just doesn't make any sense whatsoever that he hasn't been tried properly out wide yet.

Guest Howaythetoon

Its as if all the things the Hammers fan client of ours said about him is becoming true. I spat my drink out when I saw that Vukic was starting. That to me shows the man has no clear idea what team to go with and at this stage of the season, given how long he has worked with these players, that is fucking scary. I'll hang my head on the line here and now and say we will not finish in the top 10 this season because of this clown. I hope he's replaced in jan with someone who has a clue because we have a decent core here, a core that needs direction not fucking tinkered with and fucked about with anal tactics. Ba is not a target man but he deployed him as one and threw the ball long time and time again. I'm not an expert but that tactic and use of Ba borders on fucking retartded.

If Santon and Ben Arfa aren't regular starters from this point on he can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

It seems he is being a stubborn wanker just for the sake of it and it's effecting the team, the results and the fans.

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kwo1ixWImD1qz4wexo1_400.jpg

If Santon and Ben Arfa aren't regular starters from this point on he can f*** off as far as I'm concerned.

It seems he is being a stubborn w***** just for the sake of it and it's effecting the team, the results and the fans.

He could've bedded both players in a lot earlier like.  Even when HBA and Santon come into the team they'll need a bit of time to build up partnerships, we keep chopping and changing for no reason at the moment.

Its not "along the way" though is it. Its 1 win from 8 games & a manager consistantly choosing a bizarre option with poor reasoning to back it up at this point. Hes couldnt be more deserving of criticism after that game, dunno how you think it should be played down atall.

I think we were good up to them scoring the 2nd, he needs to sort out the Obertan issue, i really hope if Cissokho comes in he plays at left-back and Santon at right.

You sure?

Wouldn't say good, but barring the rocky spell following their equaliser I thought we were doing okay. Problem is the gameplan was too conservative, and once we went behind we were never going to create too many chances to get back into it. If Ba's effort had crossed the line we'll never know what would have happened, but I just felt they had gears to move up and we were stuck.

Actually when I think about it,

Top 3 striker in the league

2 of the top 5 best central mids in the league

The best central defender in the league

One of the best goalkeepers (I rate him :p) in the league

Surely a good manager can lift the other players to play around their level rather than drag the above lot down to the others. Play to the strengths etc. Oh well what do I know.

/tinhat

He has to demand more from our wingers. Enough has been said about Obertan, he simply lacks any sort of fight and bottle and I can't see him learning that, regardless of how long his below-par performances are tolerated..

And Jonas.. it's been months since his runs have created a dangerous opportunity. If we're so keen on his defensive abilities, just switch him to left back and be done with it..

Ben Arfa is so far ahead of those two, in terms of attacking threat/creativity at least, that even debating whether he'd be a better option is an insult to him and his career.

Guest Dontooner

Confirmed my fear that Pardew doesnt have the brains to play a team into a good solid organise playing side. Had my doubts at the beginning of the year although we got a string of good plays , we have always looked unlikely to score from open play.

We defend quite well at times, but when we needed to push on due to being toothless, that where we over commit and loose shape. The team can't attack fluently, often not trying to pass into space, we only look good in attack when we commit more people up front, but cant do keep ball with less. Frustrating to watch , as some teams have geared up a level with match fitness with the 1st 18 games and we have pretty much stayed the same standard.

Not complaining about the points we are standing on right now but frustrating as hell, it is bloody obvious the team can play so much better since we have some quality players in the squad.

Newcastle United tend to  buy talented flair players but we never play to thier talents and often destroying their careers on the way.... Keegan in the 90's and Sir Bobby's teams were the last Managers that used flair player liked they are suppose to be used.

Conclusion:

You can have talented and top class players but you need a top class and equally talented Manager to make the team over exceed or perform at high standards.     

TIME FOR US TO GO OUT FOR A GOOD MANAGER: some one Continental would be good as we all enjoy watching free flowing and possession footy. Hope we break this endless loop of useless managers soon.

Actually when I think about it,

Top 3 striker in the league

2 of the top 5 best central mids in the league

The best central defender in the league

One of the best goalkeepers (I rate him :p) in the league

Surely a good manager can lift the other players to play around their level rather than drag the above lot down to the others. Play to the s

trengths etc. Oh well what do I know.

/tinhat

Absolute nonsense

I think we were good up to them scoring the 2nd, he needs to sort out the Obertan issue, i really hope if Cissokho comes in he plays at left-back and Santon at right.

You sure?

Wouldn't say good, but barring the rocky spell following their equaliser I thought we were doing okay. Problem is the gameplan was too conservative, and once we went behind we were never going to create too many chances to get back into it. If Ba's effort had crossed the line we'll never know what would have happened, but I just felt they had gears to move up and we were stuck.

Yep. That was showed when we had spells of possession and didn't really know what to do with the ball.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

some one Continental would be good as we all enjoy watching free flowing and possession footy. Hope we break this endless loop of useless managers soon.

Aye...

You sure?

Was pleased with our second half reaction, even if we weren't playing the ball into dangerous areas - at least we got onto the ball and passed with some confidence. The first half was just... a joke. The freekick that never was changed the game. Pretty typical Anfield stuff, really. After that our heads went down and we just lost the plot entirely (bar that Ba chance).

Confirmed my fear that Pardew doesnt have the brains to play a team into a good solid organise playing side. Had my doubts at the beginning of the year although we got a string of good plays , we have always looked unlikely to score from open play.

We defend quite well at times, but when we needed to push on due to being toothless, that where we over commit and loose shape. The team can't attack fluently, often not trying to pass into space, we only look good in attack when we commit more people up front, but cant do keep ball with less. Frustrating to watch , as some teams have geared up a level with match fitness with the 1st 18 games and we have pretty much stayed the same standard.

Not complaining about the points we are standing on right now but frustrating as hell, it is bloody obvious the team can play so much better since we have some quality players in the squad.

Newcastle United tend to  buy talented flair players but we never play to thier talents and often destroying their careers on the way.... Keegan in the 90's and Sir Bobby's teams were the last Managers that used flair player liked they are suppose to be used.

Conclusion:

You can have talented and top class players but you need a top class and equally talented Manager to make the team over exceed or perform at high standards.     

TIME FOR US TO GO OUT FOR A GOOD MANAGER: some one Continental would be good as we all enjoy watching free flowing and possession footy. Hope we break this endless loop of useless managers soon.

:lol:

He obviously shouldn't be replaced and needs time (he's only had the job 12 months ffs and half of that was him keeping things steady after Hughton went), he does however need to make some fairly obvious changes IMO though.

We were doing okish defensively till their 2nd. But theyve just drawn their last two against Blackburn and Wigan man. We werent playing Man United, they were there to be tested and Pards just gave it up before even starting.