Alan Pardew

JH

You've completely missed the point of the 'star player' (apostrophes were there for a reason) on about 6 seperate occasions now like heza. I'll let you off like and pretend you're still on a come down from the new year.

That's nice if you. Thanks.

Please will you elaborate so I fully understand?

It seems to me that I just don't go with popular verdict...

I for one struggle to criticize Pardew - I think he is doing fantastically well given the circumstances. Ben Arfa should get the game time in Ba's absence then our world class, star player will show us the savior that many fans seem to think he already is.  :rolleyes:

I don't dislike Ben Arfa. I just hate the scapegoating of other less talented footballers when people like him are still yet to fulfill their ability in a Black and White shirt.

It's stuff like this that does your argument no favours at all.

Why? Because it's a true statement?

What, that I think he's a saviour just because I think he should be in the team? I doubt it takes a saviour to offer more than Best or Obertan.

I think Santon should be in the team too, that must make him a saviour too. In fact, there must be 11 saviours a week.

Guest BooBoo

I think it's fair to say that HBA becomes a better player with each game he doesnt play.

I think he's a talent but can see why any manager would quickly become infuriated with him.

You've completely missed the point of the 'star player' (apostrophes were there for a reason) on about 6 seperate occasions now like heza. I'll let you off like and pretend you're still on a come down from the new year.

It isn't too dificult like.

I made the original point that he's our 'star man', the biggest name player we have, the one who gets people off their seats, singing his name before he's even on the pitch etc. If he fulfills the hype or not is yet to be seen.

For some reason though you and James took it as an opportunity to make a point about him not been our most influential player.

I for one struggle to criticize Pardew - I think he is doing fantastically well given the circumstances. Ben Arfa should get the game time in Ba's absence then our world class, star player will show us the savior that many fans seem to think he already is.  :rolleyes:

I don't dislike Ben Arfa. I just hate the scapegoating of other less talented footballers when people like him are still yet to fulfill their ability in a Black and White shirt.

What, that I think he's a saviour just because I think he should be in the team? I doubt it takes a saviour to offer more than Best or Obertan.

I think Santon should be in the team too, that must make him a saviour too. In fact, there must be 11 saviours a week.

It wasn't a personal thing against you Wiliie, sorry.

I was simply exaggerating the inflated views of a player who deserves his chance but is already widely regarded as our best player despite doing very little for us in Black and White compared to certain others.

I was simply exaggerating the inflated views of a player who deserves his chance but is already widely regarded as our best player despite doing very little for us in Black and White compared to certain others.

He's hardly played though. ???

David Silva's done nothing in black and white either, I reckon he'd sneak into our team though. I assume you're happy to see Santon continue to sit on the bench too behind Simpson and Taylor on the basis that they've "done more in black and white"? Why was Cabaye brought in and put in the team ahead of Guthrie, who'd done more in black and white?

How do you quantify that? You'd have a hard time arguing that Demba Ba's done more in black and white than Shola has, for example.

I made the original point that he's our 'star man', the biggest name player we have, the one who gets people off their seats, singing his name before he's even on the pitch etc. If he fulfills the hype or not is yet to be seen.

For some reason though you and James took it as an opportunity to make a point about him not been our most influential player.

Okay so we agree that he needs a chance and needs to prove himself. Again, it wasn't personal against you - but many regard him as our star player or to them our best player which simply isn't right.

Okay so we agree that he needs a chance and needs to prove himself. Again, it wasn't personal against you - but many regard him as our star player or to them our best player which simply isn't right.

I think he's our best player in his position, whether that be either off a striker or out wide on either side. The argument about whether he's "better" than Coloccini, Krul, Ba and whoever else doesn't play in one of those positions is entirely pointless.

Yeah, but I can see why there is a lot expected of him considering how highly rated he is in france, and what he has shown in glimpses over here. Until he's had a prolonged run of games in the side and proven to be utter pap then this expectation will always be there though, and it's hardly unwarranted.

He's hardly played though. ???

David Silva's done nothing in black and white either, I reckon he'd sneak into our team though. I assume you're happy to see Santon continue to sit on the bench too behind Simpson and Taylor on the basis that they've "done more in black and white"? Why was Cabaye brought in and put in the team ahead of Guthrie, who'd done more in black and white?

How do you quantify that? You'd have a hard time arguing that Demba Ba's done more in black and white than Shola has, for example.

Okay, so he deserves his chance - something I have never disagreed with since our team has been out of form. Demba Ba is more prolific than any of our other strikers and has been given and taken his chance. Whilst our team was performing nothing needed to change, but it no longer is so we need to find a solution. I have nothing against Santon or Ben Arfa, but I do have something against those who think they're the untouchables for some bizarre reason. Of which I am certain you're not one, however there are many that are.

Should take some lessons from lambert.play positively not defensively,play an open,attacking game because we can.we have the players to attack teams not piss our pants and just wait for counter attacking moments.he really needs to show some balls next game up and stop making ludicrous decisions in wing positions and full backs to a lesser degree

Its now time for Pards to show his stuff, its times like this when the wins are not rolling in that he has to come good, its all fine and dandy when we are beating who we should and giving those others a run for their money.

Now we have hit a bump its up to him to get us over it.. I for one have faith he can and will do it.

I think he's our best player in his position, whether that be either off a striker or out wide on either side. The argument about whether he's "better" than Coloccini, Krul, Ba and whoever else doesn't play in one of those positions is entirely pointless.

But the argument was about technically talented footballers which means anyone who plays football and is therefore not "pointless".

He may be our best player in those positions for which I hope he proves in the very near future, but until then we should focus our support in those on the pitch and not off it.

Its now time for Pards to show his stuff, its times like this when the wins are not rolling in that he has to come good, its all fine and dandy when we are beating who we should and giving those others a run for their money.

Now we have hit a bump its up to him to get us over it.. I for one have faith he can and will do it.

I agree.

I still believe like.

In pards we trust and all that.

The team isn't out of form the system has become too static with too much fear.

4 points from the last 18 with the same system that got us something like 26 from 39?

Forget about the past.

Football is constantly in flux the same side with the same system can play badly for as long a period as they've played well. Players form changes, little things stop working, confidence levels change.

The defence is primarily responsible for the good start imo. That has been shot to shit (injuries) now along with errors creeping into Krul's game. Things continue to change week to week.

The art of management is to spot these things, be proactive, try new things. Jonas has been poor for a while now, Obertan has been terrible from the off and Simpson cotinues to give the ball away with his 'little chips into nobody'...

The long balls have crept in over the last few weeks.

Forget the past.

Forget the past.

Stop going on about the past. :lol:  Means nothing now.

4 points from the last 18 with the same system that got us something like 26 from 39?

Forget about the past.

Football is constantly in flux the same side with the same system can play badly for as long a period as they've played well. Players form changes, little things stop working, confidence levels change.

The defence is primarily responsible for the good start imo. That has been shot to s*** (injuries) now along with errors creeping into Krul's game. Things continue to change week to week.

The art of management is to spot these things, be proactive, try new things. Jonas has been poor for a while now, Obertan has been terrible from the off and Simpson cotinues to give the ball away with his 'little chips into nobody'...

Forget the past.

Forget the past.

I agree with that to be fair. You've basically just agreed that we have lost form and confidence as a result though, might I add.  :smug:

Forget about the past.

The defence is primarily responsible for the good start imo. That has been shot to s*** (injuries) now along with errors creeping into Krul's game. Things continue to change week to week.

Forget the past.

Forget the past.

I agree with that to be fair. You've basically just agreed that we have lost form and confidence as a result though, might I add.  :smug:

We've lost form cause the failings haven't been addressed early enough/ there seems to be no other plan.

Forget about the past.

Forget the past.

Forget the past.

We've lost form cause the failings haven't been addressed early enough/ there seems to be no other plan.

Well if it's taken 5 defeats when we've played everyone I think it's not exactly a shite state of affairs. Especially since we have played 4 or 5 of the big 6 or 7 in the last 9 or ten games. On the other hand we need to beat QPR and Fulham and stop the rot so to speak. The sooner we reach 'safety' (even though we're safe already) then hopefully we'll see a greater emphasis on attack and not defence.

Forget about the past.

Forget the past.

Forget the past.

Well if it's taken 5 defeats when we've played everyone I think it's not exactly a shite state of affairs. Especially since we have played 4 or 5 of the big 6 or 7 in the last 9 or ten games. On the other hand we need to beat QPR and Fulham and stop the rot so to speak. The sooner we reach 'safety' (even though we're safe already) then hopefully we'll see a greater emphasis on attack and not defence.

Forget about the past. :lol:

Forget about the past.

Forget the past.

Forget the past.

Well if it's taken 5 defeats when we've played everyone I think it's not exactly a s**** state of affairs. Especially since we have played 4 or 5 of the big 6 or 7 in the last 9 or ten games. On the other hand we need to beat QPR and Fulham and stop the rot so to speak. The sooner we reach 'safety' (even though we're safe already) then hopefully we'll see a greater emphasis on attack and not defence.

Forget about the past. :lol:

:lol: