Alan Pardew

JH

People can knock him for his tactics but never knock him for his enthusiasm and passion for the team and the club..

He was absolutely brilliant in in keeping the crowd going right until the end..

Still remember at the home game against Spurs when he was heard saying 'well done lad..Ur f***ing immense' or something like that to Tiote down at the touchline..a great motivator I say

Have to check the league table often reading some of these posts.

Obviously we have been lucky/the other team have been shit/the other team haven't been as fit/It's only because of wonder goals/the stars were aligned with the moon etc..

Our first touch was Coloccini hitting a long ball and I thought here we go, I couldn't have been more wrong and it's now up to Pardew to make sure we maintain the quality of football on show tonight.

We've shown we can be effective when we play the ball on the ground and we have players who are more than capable of doing it.

Our first touch was Coloccini hitting a long ball and I thought here we go, I couldn't have been more wrong and it's now up to Pardew to make sure we maintain the quality of football on show tonight.

We've shown we can be effective when we play the ball on the ground and we have players who are more than capable of doing it.

And yet two of the goals were as route one as you can get. ;)

We were route one as fuck tonight but it worked from the off so no need to change it tbf.

We were route one as f*** tonight but it worked from the off so no need to change it tbf.

Not true.

We mixed it up, nobody has said that we should never go route one, we should mix it up and tonight we did.

I'm just messing. Like you say we mixed it up brilliant. Perfect performance really.

We were route one as f*** tonight but it worked from the off so no need to change it tbf.

Not true.

Well we were but it worked so who cares? The amount of balls back to Krul was astounding.

Once we got it forward we got it down and were fine mind.

yeah we have players that can play decent football given the opportunity. Coloccini, Santon, Cabaye, Tiote(when he doesnt dally on it for too long), Jonas, Ba and players who arn't in the team at the moment..Ben Arfa, Guthrie and Vuckic.

Much better possession and movement today.even when we went long ball,we played well and credit to shola who I often knock.that impressed me the way he got us fired up,I do want to see Ben arfa on the pitch but that's the only change I'd make.thanks for a great night

Our team is actually more suited to good football, which is why the long ball shit of recent games has been confusing. We mixed it up well tonight though, no problem with that.

And also, you never know how much of the previous long ball football was tactical or down to the players running out of ideas, especially with a weakened back four.

Our team is actually more suited to good football, which is why the long ball s*** of recent games has been confusing. We mixed it up well tonight though, no problem with that.

And also, you never know how much of the previous long ball football was tactical or down to the players running out of ideas, especially with a weakened back four.

Route one's fine as an alternative. Would much rather start with a passing side (so HBA for Shola), and if that's not working then of course, go more direct. Tonight though it complimented our all round game, rather than being the basis of our tactics.

Top marks to the manager,  100% correct in everything he did tonight and set the team up brilliantly. 

Thank god he doesn't listen to some of the people on here!! :-)

Agreed, thank God he doesn't listen to people on here asking him to play Santon and drop Obertan, or play football on the deck.

i wouldn't want us to do it in every game but we did do a lot of route one today - Ba's goal is as route one as you can get really. the conditions actually helped, as did the collective incompetence of the Man Utd centre-halves. Saying that Cabaye and Tiote tended to look short far more than in recent games, and it helped having Raylor in there as despite his woeful passing he operated almost like a third central midfielder and not as a winger.

Top marks to the manager,  100% correct in everything he did tonight and set the team up brilliantly. 

Thank god he doesn't listen to some of the people on here!! :-)

Agreed, thank God he doesn't listen to people on here asking him to play Santon and drop Obertan, or play football on the deck.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't :thup: might be of some consolation to you.

Damn Pardew and his refusal to change things! He's so stubborn! Pig-headed! [N-O Clique]

For all the talk of tactics mind, it also helps that Cabaye & Tiote were awesome. First game against one of the big sides where they really imposed themselves in midfield and gave us the platform to play a bit.

Aye, they outclassed the Man Utd midfield totally, which TBF is pretty average even on paper.

Yeah, I'd been hoping our Mid would do a number on a few of the 'top' midfields this season and haven't, this is the first time they have completely, absolutely tore theirs to pieces.

There was a period when they were knocking on teh door after our second, got in behind us, but then once we got a spell of possession back we never let go again, one of the few times we've known when to and how to slow it down, and closed out the game comfortably.