Alan Pardew

JH

6th place with a squad laced with bargain basement Championship rubbish and he gets criticised for not playing pretty enough football. Pathetic.

QPR were more of a goal threat despite us having a far better squad than them.

We could have played any sort of footballing formula and won today. Total walk in the park, but credit to him for the changes in the second half. Although i'd have removed Shola before Best, this role he's manufactured for Perch is pretty effective. Fair play to him for that cos i, along with anyone else, had thought of him as a lost cause. Seems to work sacrificing a striker and solidifying the gaps between midfield and defence. It's not very ambitious but it's helped us on our way to a lot of points.

Should've started Ben Arfa though.

Exactly Ronaldo.

After 21 matches, to be 6th ahead of Livepool, equal on points with Arsenal, and just 4 points behind Chelsea using half a squad that was in the Championship two seasons ago is outstanding.

It was always going to be a difficult game given the circumstances. Outsiders were predicting a draw.

And for what it is worth, Ben Arfa had some good touches and passes, but for much of the game he was poor, wasteful and selfish. Bringing him on only changed the game because we adapted a more fluid system, but it wasn't because of him.

Exactly Ronaldo.

After 21 matches, to be 6th ahead of Livepool, equal on points with Arsenal, and just 4 points behind Chelsea using half a squad that was in the Championship two seasons ago is outstanding.

It was always going to be a difficult game given the circumstances. Outsiders were predicting a draw.

And for what it is worth, Ben Arfa had some good touches and passes, but for much of the game he was poor, wasteful and selfish. Bringing him on only changed the game because we adapted a more fluid system, but it wasn't because of him.

So wrong. Bringing him on completely enabled us to adapt to a more fluid system, because it gave Jonas license to roam and altered the attackers' position.

He wasn't poor. He was selfish at times but if he's a couple of touches away from pwning the defense like he did against Blackburn, then i'm alright with it. And as for selfish; he's an attacker so i don't have any major issues with that.

It's not like he's constantly picking up the ball in the middle of the park and charging into three defenders, like he did when he first came back in the Spurs home game. He's learned that there's a time and a place, and he's not left us in any trouble in any recent games that he's played. He's showing craft, ambition and endeavour - something the rest of the squad only has in very occasional places.

I'm glad he brought Ben Arfa on instead of one of Abeid, Gosling (the "natural CMs") as the lad changed the system and our attacking play for the better.

The long ball was still annoying though and Ben Arfa should have started.

We looked so much better in a 4-3-3 when HBA came on and Jonas went to the right of the three.

Then Pardew fucked it up, and changed it back (when Gosling and Perchy came on) to what we started the game with. Baffling at times.

We could have played any sort of footballing formula and won today. Total walk in the park, but credit to him for the changes in the second half. Although i'd have removed Shola before Best, this role he's manufactured for Perch is pretty effective. Fair play to him for that cos i, along with anyone else, had thought of him as a lost cause. Seems to work sacrificing a striker and solidifying the gaps between midfield and defence. It's not very ambitious but it's helped us on our way to a lot of points.

Should've started Ben Arfa though.

Agree. The game was there to be lost rather than won as QPR are a shocking side. think the one good spell we had was immediately after Ben Arfa took to the pitch - we were far more fluid as a side.

6th place with a squad laced with bargain basement Championship rubbish and he gets criticised for not playing pretty enough football. Pathetic.

This isn't the full story. I'm guessing you know that already though.

Just the important stuff.

We looked so much better in a 4-3-3 when HBA came on and Jonas went to the right of the three.

Then Pardew fucked it up, and changed it back (when Gosling and Perchy came on) to what we started the game with. Baffling at times.

Any fluidity had worn off by the time Perch came on anyway, the game was clearly won and we just chilled out tbh. I don't think that was a bad move at all, bringing Perch on. This 4-1-4-1 business has shown to be pretty effective. We can retain possession between all phases of the play with general confidence, and if we do lose the ball, there's a man between defence and midfield to stand-in as another blockade. It only doesn't work when Krul gets the ball and gives it to the opposition over and over again.

He has lots he should be praised on & some that can be criticized. It doesnt have to always be one or the other.

Hes done a good job overall clearly, his choices with Barfa many would still have solid reason to disagree with.

The only thing people are complaining about with regards to Pardew is his decision to constantly bench Ben Arfa, again it proved to be a daft move today.

I'm pretty sure everyone realises the limitations we have, but still to suggest this squad of players are punching above their weight to be where they are in the league is fucking ludicrous when half of the league suffers from the exact same problem, Stoke are comfortably in 8th man.

Guest ykmkmdd

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120115/pardew-we-were-accomplished_2281670_2578070?

And while Pardew is not looking down the table, he acknowledged that United are rapidly closing in on the magic 40-point survival mark.

"It's not been a target of ours, if I am honest, but it's a nice target to have under your belt," said the boss.

"Every Premier League manager probably has a decent glass of win when they get that, so I shall hopefully look forward to that in the near future."

I will also be enjoying a glass of win tonight.  :)