Alan Pardew

JH

I have already said it was a failure on his part, the point is they are not comparable at all.

Pardew didn't play those two because of the way they came into the club, not because of how he thought their style would affect the team (which seems to be exactly why he is reluctant to play Ben Arfa).

You assume that you know what he didn't play them, the end result is the same anyway, he didn't play 2 of his best players at West ham and he isn't playing one of his best here.

:thup:

Of course Pardew did actually play Tevez and Mascherano in a couple of games, which rubbishes the idea that Pardew had some political motivation.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I've had the anti-Pardew carp thrown at me, the agenda crap and so on.

http://thewashingtonroast.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Carp-killer.jpg

I have already said it was a failure on his part, the point is they are not comparable at all.

Pardew didn't play those two because of the way they came into the club, not because of how he thought their style would affect the team (which seems to be exactly why he is reluctant to play Ben Arfa).

You assume that you know what he didn't play them, the end result is the same anyway, he didn't play 2 of his best players at West ham and he isn't playing one of his best here.

:thup:

Of course Pardew did actually play Tevez and Mascherano in a couple of games, which rubbishes the idea that Pardew had some political motivation.

He has also started HBA for us ???

You assume that you know why he didn't play them, the end result is the same anyway, he didn't play 2 of his best players at West ham and he isn't playing one of his best here.

The end result is the same? West Ham just avoided relegation which was a disastrous season for them, after 25 games we are a point behind Arsenal, Chelsea and 3 points ahead of a Liverpool side which spent £100m in the summer? :dontknow:

Guest Dontooner

Wow the Pardew fans came out of hiding, but i have seen very little discussion of the football or observations of the improvements that could be made. Do we create enough from open plays? if not why? is it worrying to you? Could you input a bit of your opinions and analysis? where are the over lapping runs?  Even if we play safe and organize football, obviously it could be played in a better way while going forward.

Quite alot of random stuff of HBA,Tevez, pre end season league position, ludicrous , sarcastic remarks on htt, Promoted championship side's should have lower expectations and all sort of nonsense.

Talk about the football, in general people are complaining that we dont create enough chances and it would bite us come end season or show up if it doesnt improve. I have not seen a top footballing side create so little variations of goal scoring opportunities.

I have already put up a couple of manager names that we were linked positively to before or is currently unemployed (So read the thread) Even explained the wages and possible attractions to the managers. Tbh when Martin Jol was available, i thought he was a step up and still reckon he is now. Although the current results prove me otherwise but he has a good track record of improving teams as he manages them in his term.

Guest Dontooner

Who are these managers that we could realistically attract who could do a better job than Pards?  Would be nice to have the odd name...

Without naming any, I think we are in a far better position than a year or two ago as far as that is concerned.

I would just like someone who thinks we can do better than Pards to actually name someone.  No-one seems to want to do it.  Oddly enough.

There are managers out there that would do a better job but how many of them would be willing to work in the structure we have and for quite low wages as well. 

Think low wages is a myth for recruiting managers, if you want one that has credentials you need to slash the cash. No point in getting value or young managers there is no sell on value. Just that the club might not have progress enough to attract the likes of Van gaal ,Didier Claude Deschamps or even AVB if he gets the boot. Money wages wise ,it would probably 2- 4 million quid a year. And contracts are usually base on two yearly ones. Honestly cant see whey it couldnt be done. Rather than the cost, i think its the reputation but who knows maybe they might be up for a English challenge or they might fancy more money.

Yes very debatable on their interest of managing Newcastle with this structure but i have seen more surprising employments. I am not one to say Pardew doesnt deserve a chance, but if there is someone that is proven and willing to come for what so ever reasons ,Why Not?

The top managers usually go to the top clubs or those who are willing to pay very silly money. One bad move to a unstable club and it could end their career.

We take a gamble (one I wasn't happy with) we far exceed expectations despite playing the worst football ever apparently and some are looking to upgrade despite the long list of shit managers we have had since 2004 (barring Hughton really).

Forgetting Souness, Allardyce (touted by HTT as better than Pardew), Roeder, Kinnear etc..

Managerial appointments often go very wrong, not sure why some want to change up when we have one going good. Living is a fantasy land of a mass of quality football managers desperate to have a go with us.

Guest Dontooner

The top managers usually go to the top clubs or those who are willing to pay very silly money. One bad move to a unstable club and it could end their career.

Great assumption on your part. Manager Wages are not silly money as compared to transfer fees or player wages, i have mention this before as well in thread. Its just how the management wants to sell the story and development of the them. And if you are a top manager, you will get a job where ever you go, unlike one season wonder Souness. If you are one of the top professionals in your own field, i find it baffling that people will over look your achievements.

I find it pathetic you can even start a sentence with 'Wow the Pardew fans..'.

Continue to look down on what we have done this season, carry on constantly trying to find the negatives before the positives. I will enjoy the good times while we have them and not waste my time thinking 'well this could go wrong, that might not go right, if such and such happens we might be in trouble...'

Enjoy your time agonising over every thing you don't like and constantly waiting for it to go wrong :thup:

Guest Dontooner

We take a gamble (one I wasn't happy with) we far exceed expectations despite playing the worst football ever apparently and some are looking to upgrade despite the long list of s*** managers we have had since 2004 (barring Hughton really).

Forgetting Souness, Allardyce (touted by HTT as better than Pardew), Roeder, Kinnear etc..

Managerial appointments often go very wrong, not sure why some want to change up when we have one going good. Living is a fantasy land of a mass of quality football managers desperate to have a go with us.

As i said if we find a replacement for Pardew, he must be a top manager if not dont risk the transition period. We have being through many s*** managers since Bobby but not one has being a top manager. Still waiting for the club to open to eyes really.  Didier Claude Deschamps actually made some real positive comments when we had the position available, and look who we go on and employ.

We take a gamble (one I wasn't happy with) we far exceed expectations despite playing the worst football ever apparently and some are looking to upgrade despite the long list of s*** managers we have had since 2004 (barring Hughton really).

As i said if we find a replacement for Pardew, he must be a top manager if not dont risk the transition period. We have being through many s*** managers since Bobby but not one has being a top manager. Still waiting for the club to open to eyes really.  Didier Claude Deschamps actually made some real position comments when we had the position available, and look who we go on and employ.

Realistically though, who else could possibly work under the conditions Ashley has set?

Guest Dontooner

Continue to look down on what we have done this season, carry on constantly trying to find the negatives before the positives. I will enjoy the good times while we have them and not waste my time thinking 'well this could go wrong, that might not go right, if such and such happens we might be in trouble...'

Enjoy your time agonising over every thing you don't like and constantly waiting for it to go wrong :thup:

Same could be said for you, popping you champagne  and revering the table league position as often as you could. The season has not ended and maybe for some the league results or overachieving after coming up from the championship gives them a tinkling feeling somewhere. I still prefer to comment purely on what is happening on the pitch.

As i said if we find a replacement for Pardew, he must be a top manager if not dont risk the transition period. We have being through many s*** managers since Bobby but not one has being a top manager. Still waiting for the club to open to eyes really.  Didier Claude Deschamps actually made some real position comments when we had the position available, and look who we go on and employ.

Realistically though, who else could possibly work under the conditions Ashley has set?

Jamie and the magic fucking torch the way this lad is going on :lol:

Find a manager who doesn't need a transition period? Keegan is the only person I can see capable of that and I can't see him coming back any time soon.

What suggests Deshamps would've be in any way an improvement like?

There's some absolute horseshit being spouted in this thread, it's embarrassing and utterly tedious.

Guest Dontooner

Didier Claude Deschamps. :lol:

I'm glad you put his middle name in there, I wouldn't have had a clue who you were on about otherwise.

yeah probably had too, since no names were mention and awkward silence was in the air.

Same could be said for you, popping you champagne  and revering the table league position as often as you could. The season has not ended and maybe for some the league results or overachieving after coming up from the championship give them a tinkling feeling somewhere. I still prefer to comment purely on what is happening pitch.

What is happening in the pitch is not fairly reflected after 25 games by where we are in the league?

Guest Dontooner

Any suggestions he wouldn't had done a better job?

Fucking hell :lol:

Guest Dontooner

Jamie and the magic f***ing torch the way this lad is going on :lol:

Find a manager who doesn't need a transition period? Keegan is the only person I can see capable of that and I can't see him coming back any time soon.

Read the post, if not for a top class manager ( who would have a better chance or likely to get it right) or dont risk another average manager through another transitition

Well for one, all those clamoring for Ben Arfa to be our main man could forget that one straight away :lol:

I'd just like to know what qualifies him ahead of Pardew? You brought him up, now back it up.

Guest Dontooner

f***ing hell :lol:

Funny how i can get slack for something that could go both ways. Is he a shit manager? Have you currently seen his clubs play football?