Alan Pardew

JH

Sorry meant to write relegation battle stats (bottom half stats).

And had we been in a relegation scrap I doubt our results would fall our way as they have been. My point is we need to make changes if we want to compete for European spots, which is clearly a dream, but a realistic dream at the moment.  O0

:thup: OK.

Looking at it further I might actually be wrong. Wouldve been 14th last season and then 12th and so on. Points still stands thats its not good enough if we want to make a push for Europe, and we require changes.

i can inderstand his keeping with the hard to beat style thats got us where we are, even if i don't necessarily agree with it. hopefully an addition or two in the summer will give him the confidence to be a bit more expansive.

i do wish he'd keep his gob shut though, says some bizarre stuff at times.

Looking at it further I might actually be wrong. Wouldve been 14th last season and then 12th and so on. Points still stands thats its not good enough if we want to make a push for Europe, and we require changes.

We have also taken 12pts from 6 which is very good form, particularly considering we have been missing a number of key players for many of these matches (Ba and Cabaye missed 3 and Tiote, Cisse missed 4).

Our form without the African lads and Cabaye has been surprisingly good, we've done much better than I thought we would (without playing that well).

Without the African lads we've beaten probably the worst team in the league twice, once in the league and once in the cup and we've beaten QPR 1-0 at home, we've lost to Brighton and Fulham.

What were you expecting?

Guest neesy111

I would be more comfortable with our position and how well we are doing if we were beating teams convincingly, but apart from the Man Utd game we've been pretty ordinary and plucky with our results in the last 3 months with many of the wins could had easily been draws.

Some of that is due to our tactics, some due to luck and some due to bad finishing due to the opposition.  This season reminds me exactly like Everton in 04/05, they had a great season in digging out results but the team wasn't good enough to stay there and hence they were briefly in a relegation scrap the next season.

We have also taken 12pts from 6 which is very good form, particularly considering we have been missing a number of key players for many of these matches (Ba and Cabaye missed 3 and Tiote, Cisse missed 4).

But we have played some horrible football bar 1st half against Fulham. We have also conceded 10 goals in two defeats. Last month has been absolute shite to be honest, we have been a terrible footballing side and QPR couldve and shouldve scored twice against us early on. Against Villa we scored and then backed off like at Fulham but were lucky to see some magic from Papiss on his debut. Blackburn are turd and yet we were lucky to get out of Ewood with three points.

Our form in terms of results is 10th best in the league I think. But in terms of quality we are as poor as anyone of late, and hopefully its down to Cabaye, tiote, Ba being away, although it has been like this for three months now. 

Guest neesy111

But we have played some horrible football bar 1st half against Fulham. We have also conceded 10 goals in two defeats. Last month has been absolute shite to be honest, we have been a terrible footballing side and QPR couldve and shouldve scored twice against us early on. Against Villa we scored and then backed off like at Fulham but were lucky to see some magic from Papiss on his debut. Blackburn are turd and yet we were lucky to get out of Ewood with three points.

Our form in terms of results is 10th best in the league I think. But in terms of quality we are as poor as anyone of late, and hopefully its down to Cabaye, tiote, Ba being away, although it has been like this for three months now. 

Good Post.  If we are to progress then we must get performances eventually, as you can't just rely on plucky results.

Three wins and two defeats, and maintaining a very good league position. Seems pretty good to me.

I agree. 6/9 points in the league, can't complain about that with a severely weakened side (no Cabaye, Tiote, Ba, Cisse). Unless you're Mick of course.

Our football was generally poor the season we finished 5th with SBR.

Was it fuck? Didnt we start the season horrible and had an ok end to it but were class in between there. Didnt we bum some teams? Spurs comes to mind. But know there was two or three other teams. We built a fortress around St James park under SBR. We rarely lost there, but were pretty bad by our standards away. Was like two different teams.  Didnt we also beat Fulham away after a great turnaround?

Also only game Ive seen at St James Park and it was a 4-2 win over Everton that season. Was pure class that like. Shearer had a good season and reached 20+ if Im not wrong. Season after was shambles though with Souness coming in and destroying the club.

Pardew is and will never be nowhere near any of these two on any of the scales.

and look what we ended up with - SOUNESS

No one wants to replace Pardew, and those that want are out of their mind. We do need changes in our lineup and tactics as they havent been working very well. At some point other teams will run out of badluck against us. 

Guest neesy111

Our football was generally poor the season we finished 5th with SBR.

Was it fuck? Didnt we start the season horrible and had an ok end to it but were class in between there. Didnt we bum some teams? Spurs comes to mind. But know there was two or three other teams. We built a fortress around St James park under SBR. We rarely lost there, but were pretty bad by our standards away. Was like two different teams.  Didnt we also beat Fulham away after a great turnaround?

Also only game Ive seen at St James Park and it was a 4-2 win over Everton that season. Was pure class that like. Shearer had a good season and reached 20+ if Im not wrong. Season after was shambles though with Souness coming in and destroying the club.

Pardew is and will never be nowhere near any of these two on any of the scales.

Nope, we were pretty bad.  Yeah we stuffed some teams when the team clicked but that was only 2-3 times throughout the whole season.

NUFC.com has on this day from that season which they said that the opposition was better at delivering service to our strikers than we were.

That Everton game as well we won but it was another poor performance IIRC.

Guest neesy111

We also sacked the dour Dalglish with someone with the intention to improve our football, and we actually got worse.

The Football was 100x better under Gullit, his problem was losing the dressing room.

Guest neesy111

Didn't we not win a single game under him after the Spurs Semi? Might have played a part like.

Yeap.  Though he lost the dressing room during the summer which isn't the best of ideas and led to our shocking start.

A similar sequence lost Robson his job.  Say what you like but going 9 games without win will put a good amount of managers on the brink.

Is it a point considering whether it's the players who won't fit into Pardew's system or that the Pardew's way of playing isn't best suited to some of the players who came in over the summer?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not saying Pardew should get sacked, or that he's even wrong before people throw their hands up in horror.

Take Cabaye for example. He looks like a player who likes to sit so might be suited to a more continental role where the team would sit back more and attack on the break. Similar with Ben Arfa who looks like he could spot passes others wouldn't see with a 5 min head start.

Three wins and two defeats, and maintaining a very good league position. Seems pretty good to me.

I agree. 6/9 points in the league, can't complain about that with a severely weakened side (no Cabaye, Tiote, Ba, Cisse). Unless you're Mick of course.

We also went out of the cup to Brighton so how was our form good? Does the cup not count? Cisse was hardly a miss as we hadn't had him before so we were without BA and Tiote  for all of the games and Cabaye for some of them.