Alan Pardew

JH

Top seven is the very least we should have expected given that 8th and 9th are Norwich and sunderland. In reality, he's one place above the minimum requirement.

Ignoring that we're 8-10 points ahead of those positions very nicely

Errr...get us into the top 7 of the league with an opportunity to play European football next season, despite having a slightly better than average squad and minimal spending money. After taking over a squad who were 100% behind the previous manager and maintaining good performances despite a total overhaul of key players.

Like I said, there are some spackers on here, and i mean that in the least offensive way that can be interpreted.

He's a one trick pony who has lucked himself into a job and for the first half of the season he lucked himself through games which we didn't deserve to get points from.

We were getting points because Ba was getting goals from nothing when the service to him was poor yet he still managed to pull balls from behind him to bury when realistically he shouldn’t have had a chance.  Our football has for much of the time been turgid dross but we’ve got away with it by going to places like QPR and lucking a draw.  He’s lucked his way to getting a point at home against Spurs when he brought on the same stroller as he did yesterday but Stroller managed a goal.

Our performances are now getting the kind of results that we deserved earlier in the season and instead of turning nothing performances into points, we’re starting to go the other way and turning fortunate positions into negative results.

Our football under Pardew has been poor because that’s the way he likes to play football.  We have good players who are watching the ball fly past them as the ball goes from back to front with one big hoof.  The players who could control games are being bypassed for much of the game.

The amount of money spent isn't a reflection on the type of players we've brought in.  We've spent low and still managed to bring in quality because unlike Pardew, Carr is actually good at his job and we've benefited from that in as much as we have good players, even if the manager doesn't know how to get the best out of them.

Can you list these good performances that you mention?

Well put it this way, if we finish 7th from where we are now given our fixtures, the fact that we're nearly full strength and the state of the teams around us, I'll be bitterly disappointed.

Whlst it would be dissappointing, to go as far as calling it a failure is a bit pathetic imo.

Errr...get us into the top 7 of the league with an opportunity to play European football next season, despite having a slightly better than average squad and minimal spending money. After taking over a squad who were 100% behind the previous manager and maintaining good performances despite a total overhaul of key players.

Like I said, there are some spackers on here, and i mean that in the least offensive way that can be interpreted.

He's a one trick pony who has lucked himself into a job and for the first half of the season he lucked himself through games which we didn't deserve to get points from.

We were getting points because Ba was getting goals from nothing when the service to him was poor yet he still managed to pull balls from behind him to bury when realistically he shouldn’t have had a chance.  Our football has for much of the time been turgid dross but we’ve got away with it by going to places like QPR and lucking a draw.  He’s lucked his way to getting a point at home against Spurs when he brought on the same stroller as he did yesterday but Stroller managed a goal.

Our performances are now getting the kind of results that we deserved earlier in the season and instead of turning nothing performances into points, we’re starting to go the other way and turning fortunate positions into negative results.

Our football under Pardew has been poor because that’s the way he likes to play football.  We have good players who are watching the ball fly past them as the ball goes from back to front with one big hoof.  The players who could control games are being bypassed for much of the game.

The amount of money spent isn't a reflection on the type of players we've brought in.  We've spent low and still managed to bring in quality because unlike Pardew, Carr is actually good at his job and we've benefited from that in as much as we have good players, even if the manager doesn't know how to get the best out of them.

spurs,man utd, villa away, stoke. the tactics aren't all hoofball. first half v fulham was as good as i've seen us actually play but with little end product due to the forwards we had playing. yesterday for some reason pardew decided to go long and it failed, can't really say it's a seaqson long tactic, bit like the high line we ALWAYS play.

Mick's just nailed it an has been saying what Wullie,HTT and myself have for a while.there have been others too but now I feel like there's a change happening throughout the support.long term success is building a team that understands how to play together,where everyone has a role and contributes.long term success for me is passing and moving the ball round well.how many top four/five sides in the last decade have moved it round as badly as we do?success isn't points man,not in the long term,it's football and we've shown so few signs this season that pardew can get us to play football.I could understand it if we had last year's squad.but now?no thanks

Think this is getting a bit silly, we are sixth ffs in our second season back in the top flight, during a season where we have lost Tiote and Ba for a run of games and had Cabaye suspended. Regardless what people think of the style Pardew has over achieved with the squad at his disposal, it would be madness to change our manager once again when what we need is a period of stability. The best we could attract after Bobby was Souness, we've since had 7ish managers if we boot another who is likely to get us a top six/seven because he didn't play pretty enough football for us then who is going to want to come here?

Two-nil is always a scoreline where, if they can get that goal, if they get the next one they’re back in the game. I just felt if I could have changed it just before I did we could have restricted that.

I don't get this. Is he referring to their first goal, scored just five minutes after the break? Or the second goal, where he brought on two subs as we were defending a set piece?

At least he's accepting some responsibility in hindsight, I guess.

Find it quite amusing that people can focus solely on performances, and ignore league position/point accumulation, but when others try to focus solely on league position/point accumulation and ignore performances, they're slammed down :lol:

Sunderland away, Stoke away, Man United away, Man United at home, Chelsea at home.

Pardew has got a number of players best out of them for a long part of the season, almost to a greater level than they've probably ever played at. Namely those with lesser ability on our flanks. Carr has scouted exceedingly well and I applaud our transfer policy.

to say we lucked our way to our position is fucking ridiculous. We got there from being an organised and dedicatd dfensive unit. If you want to see champagne football and below expectation results fuck off to the Emirates. I want to see us get undeserved results and be higher up the league than expected. I've seen 'The Entertainers' and I've seen 'Return of the Entertainers' and I've also seen us win fuck all in the 17 years i've followed the club.

Whilst I appreciate you have probably gone longer, it's not warner brothers it's St James' Park.

:rant:

:rose:

Find it quite amusing that people can focus solely on performances, and ignore league position/point accumulation, but when others try to focus solely on league position/point accumulation and ignore performances, they're slammed down :lol:

the trick is to use both

spurs,man utd, villa away, stoke. the tactics aren't all hoofball. first half v fulham was as good as i've seen us actually play but with little end product due to the forwards we had playing. yesterday for some reason pardew decided to go long and it failed, can't really say it's a seaqson long tactic, bit like the high line we ALWAYS play.

Is there anything which leads you to believe Pardew has a style of football? Personally I believe it changes depending on the personnel on the pitch whether we pass it or hoof it long. The general instruction just seems to be to solid at the back so we end up with two holding midfielders and and wide players who also have to be more mindful of defensive duties than offensive. Some continental teams also set up this way but they pass their way out of defence and counter quickly. We usually hump it high towards Ba or Cisse.

Is there anything which leads you to believe Pardew has a style of football? Personally I believe it changes depending on the personnel on the pitch whether we pass it or hoof it long. The general instruction just seems to be to solid at the back so we end up with two holding midfielders and and wide players who also have to be more mindful of defensive duties than offensive. Some continental teams also set up this way but they pass their way out of defence and counter quickly. We usually hump it high towards Ba or Cisse.

i think it depends as much on the opposition and yesterday he got it badly wrong. knowing the way sunderland play i doubt we'll be going long as much next week.

Mick's just nailed it an has been saying what Wullie,HTT and myself have for a while.there have been others too but now I feel like there's a change happening throughout the support.long term success is building a team that understands how to play together,where everyone has a role and contributes.long term success for me is passing and moving the ball round well.how many top four/five sides in the last decade have moved it round as badly as we do?success isn't points man,not in the long term,it's football and we've shown so few signs this season that pardew can get us to play football.I could understand it if we had last year's squad.but now?no thanks

Yep. Short term you can get success without playing well, like we have. but if we as a club want to be an contender in the long term we need to start playing like that. We can´t game after game letting the opponent have the ball and creating the chances and just try to hold on. Simple math. In the long run it won´t add up.

Pardew have been extremely fortune in that he has some brilliant players that scored some great goals. Like Mike said. The point telly this term is just what we deserve in term of our performance. earlier in the season we was just so lucky it was crazy.

We need to replace him in the summer and for me it shouldn ´t be a problem. Why stick with someone that just is not good enough? We have a great scouting system in place now. Why can´t we scout a good coach that like to play and will match our type of player.

Sunderland away, Stoke away, Man United away, Man United at home, Chelsea at home.

:mackems: 26 games into the season, you claim five games count as "maintaining good performances" and I'd argue over at least three of those.

:mackems:

What was bad about those perfomances? We were solid and played teams at their own games, only losing one of them, might I add.

i think it depends as much on the opposition and yesterday he got it badly wrong. knowing the way sunderland play i doubt we'll be going long as much next week.

Why is it do you think Cabaye ends up sitting deep alongside Tiote in most every game and against all opposition? Personally I think it contributes a lot towards hoofball when midfielders don't link up with the forwards.

Think the point I wanted to make was,performances over a long period will equal great points but accumulating a lot of points through poor performances gives me no confidence that we'll continue to pick up points.I'm not disregarding our points tally,it's superb and Pardew has made us hard to beat and organized but I personally think people are kidding themselves if they think we can continue to be top six contenders and pick up lots of points if these performances continue

Why is it do you think Cabaye ends up sitting deep alongside Tiote in most every game and against all opposition? Personally I think it contributes a lot towards hoofball when midfielders don't link up with the forwards.

did yesterday, we haven't played like that all season though.

Think the point I wanted to make was,performances over a long period will equal great points but accumulating a lot of points through poor performances gives me no confidence that we'll continue to pick up points.I'm not disregarding our points tally,it's superb and Pardew has made us hard to beat and organized but I personally think people are kidding themselves if they think we can continue to be top six contenders and pick up lots of points if these performances continue

I don't disagree.