Alan Pardew

JH

Not a fan of his slightly negative vibe this week. We are playing Norwich at home. Even with Tiote out we have enough to win this game. He has got to stop banging out about people working harder, its getting boring. The onus is now on him to pick the right team to win the game. If he doesn't start with Cisse and Ba up top, with Ben Arfa also in the side, then he has no one to blame but himself if we don't pick up a result.

He needs to start learning from his mistakes. I have no problem with the line-up he picked on Monday night. He clearly had Spurs away in mind and we very nearly picked up a point. However, he needs to look at the last two home games and realise that Ben Arfa should have started in both. It is pretty simple really.

Guest Deadmau5

Pardew wants followers to lay off Simpson and believes that without the former Manchester United man the Magpies would not be flying so high.

He said: “The people who did it should know better.

“Danny has been a great player for us. And we wouldn’t be sixth in the division without him – no chance.”

Simpson is not the first player to be targeted by the boo boys this season on Tyneside with Gabriel Obertan and James Perch also suffering criticism on social networking sites – despite being part of the squad that has performed in the top six for most of the season. Pardew said: “You can see the determination in there.

“We are fighting for everything and fighting for our lives. We aren’t playing champagne football.

[/Quote]

You got that right Alan.

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

Ronaldo...can we go on a hot date some time?

Cooeeee  :naughty:

Fancy a shag?

:lol: You're full of beans today, aren't you.

I am my good fellow. Are you game?

:rose:

Hang-over and an exciting day of sport, combined with going out tonight and the match tomorrow. #thisisthelife

Found this cool graph, and thought about sharing it: Premier league possession table. There's a pretty good correlation between possession and league standing, unless you're Stoke or Swansea. And there's a surprisingly big gap between the last team over 50% and yourselves, the first team to fall below it.

You also have the second biggest gap between average possession at home vs possession away.

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/premier-league/ballbesitz/wettbewerb_GB1.html

(La Liga provided for fun and giggles: http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/primera-division/ballbesitz/wettbewerb_ES1.html)

This is fantastic.

This just proves everything that most of us know: if you keep the ball well, you will create chances and win.

You look at Bilbao's possession stats and it shows that they're a good team too, and not one that just raised their game against Man Utd.

Someone needs to send this to Pardew so he fucking stops with this fucking diagonal ball nonsense.

Williamson at the far post! It's sure to work!

Our free kick routine is ridiculous. :lol:

Williamson can't jump. He's tall, but he can't jump so he can't get power onto these headers. I don't think we've created one real chance from this stupid routine in the Premiership all season.

Surely it'd be better to just pass it out and try to create a chance more naturally?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Williamson can't jump. He's tall, but he can't jump so he can't get power onto these headers. I don't think we've created one real chance from this stupid routine in the Premiership all season.

Surely it'd be better to just pass it out and try to create a chance more naturally?

We seriously may as well give up on free kicks and corners. Just pass it short and work it.

We seriously may as well give up on free kicks and corners. Just pass it short and work it.

My Fifa 12 approach :lol:

Guest Deadmau5

“We are fighting for everything and fighting for our lives. We aren’t playing champagne football.

I just dont get why we are fighting for our lives. We are safe from relegation and CL is way beyond us.  Why arent we enjoying our season instead of being scared shitless from being 6th?

Even Pardew must realise that you cant fight for scraps over the long haul? At one point you have to start playing fotball.

I just dont get why we are fighting for our lives. We are safe from relegation and CL is way beyond us.  Why arent we enjoying our season instead of being scared shitless from being 6th?

Even Pardew must realise that you cant fight for scraps over the long haul? At one point you have to start playing fotball.

http://eu3.memecdn.com/BITCH-PLEASE_o_103613.jpg

Barka 83 % possession in the 8-0 win. :lol:

http://troll.me/images/idiot-gaston/what-is-this-i-dont-even-thumb.jpg

Not even our record, actually. We got 86% once in the CL against Panathinaikos.

Anyway, didn't want to hijack the thread. What I found peculiar about the PL table is that NUFC is the only team in an European spot with an average possession below 50% (not by much, granted).

Anyway, didn't want to hijack the thread. What I found peculiar about the PL table is that NUFC is the only team in an European spot with an average possession below 50% (not by much, granted).

And the only one with a negative goal difference...

Because they have midfielders who can penetrate.

Joe Allen and Gower are not much more mobile than Cabaye, if at all.

And Danny Graham is slower than Cisse and Ba.

We should be passing teams off the park if we had an actual plan in attack.

Well, I'm not surprised at our possession stats. And of course possession based football with the right set of players will get you results in the long haul. Pardew must be the only one not seeing it. I realize we deserve to be where we are though, you can't really argue that after 28 games. But with our current style of play it's a question of time before we start free falling down the table.