Alan Pardew

JH

Timewasting from 50 minutes and shutting up shop at home to norwich for fucks sake. This guy is such a poor coach, he just relies on moments of brilliance for our goals and then is happy to sit back and defend.

hes been so lucky this year, just think of wolves away, blackburn away, qpr away.

the players look shot on confidence and lacking ideas. Did you see Cabaye's reaction to his instructions (presumably to sit and hoof)?

Cisse should have scored 3 today, I assume Pardew told him to not score two of them :dontknow:

That is for TT, sorry both. Name a manager.

Like I said hard. Whatever name I give you there will be a problem with it.

Dragan Stojkovic.

Been reading the Blizzard..?

Can't wait for diablo.

You guys really think hes telling Williamson to boot it? The guy does it becuase hes crap on the ball and cant deal with periods where we sustain pressure. Its got nowt to do with Pardew, we did the same for a period after we scored the 1st goal before HT.

We just miss a few passes, start misscontrolling it, make a few fouls etc Krul gets the ball more so we boot it more, defence becomes more edgy in possession. Its a knock on effect.

He must be telling Williamson and krul to do it. They've done it so much surely he'd have told them to fucking stop it if he was against it. You don't see him getting angry about it, or saying we need to start passing along the floor more. Essentially it's his fault.

That is for TT, sorry both. Name a manager.

Like I said hard. Whatever name I give you there will be a problem with it.

Dragan Stojkovic.

That's a good shout, my only concerns are his language and his understanding towards the physical aspects of EPL.

But then would people here accept him now?  Probably no.  Given our current status people would want "established and proven" managers instead of betting on those "unknowns".  Which means we could end up managers like Hodgson.

just curious. is it really that difficult to keep hold of the ball? is not rocket science.  just pass the fucking ball and move, keep it in the midfield and pass it around.

it gets diffcult when teams try to pass and move and walk it into the goal, im not asking for that.

all i expect is our team to be able to string half a dozen passes together in midfield now and again and relieve some pressure off themselves.

fucking hell , either these players are completely shit or the manager is. or maybe even both.

You guys really think hes telling Williamson to boot it? The guy does it becuase hes crap on the ball and cant deal with periods where we sustain pressure. Its got nowt to do with Pardew, we did the same for a period after we scored the 1st goal before HT.

We just miss a few passes, start misscontrolling it, make a few fouls etc Krul gets the ball more so we boot it more, defence becomes more edgy in possession. Its a knock on effect.

He must be telling Williamson and krul to do it. They've done it so much surely he'd have told them to f***ing stop it if he was against it. You don't see him getting angry about it, or saying we need to start passing along the floor more. Essentially it's his fault.

Are you serious?

I suddenly got a question (not defending Pardew): what teams in EPL can consistently dominate the game throughout the 90 mins? Even against the teams like QPR and WBA?

All the teams in the top seven apart from us.

Have to say, I am a bit confused, we did go through long spells without penetrating the final third, but on the other hand we had 60% possession, 10 shots on target, 5 shots on target (they had 5 and 7),

Also we had 3 clear cut chances to their one, on the whole we were better than them, just maybe not getting the goal fest we were hoping for, but I can live without that.

We struggle when we are pressed in my opinion, and it is a hard situation to be in, we are too well respected by the opposition.

Challeenge now is keeping that respect (which stops teams looking to attack us so freely), while improving the team to cope when we are being pressed in possession.

just curious. is it really that difficult to keep hold of the ball? is not rocket science.  just pass the f***ing ball and move, keep it in the midfield and pass it around.

it gets diffcult when teams try to pass and move and walk it into the goal, im not asking for that.

all i expect is our team to be able to string half a dozen passes together in midfield now and again and relieve some pressure off themselves.

f***ing hell , either these players are completely s*** or the manager is. or maybe even both.

Actually, when the opponents have 4 players upfront for pressing, most of the time it's either hoofing or a decent dribbling from the side backs. 

Have to say, I am a bit confused, we did go through long spells without penetrating the final third, but on the other hand we had 60% possession, 10 shots on target, 5 shots on target (they had 5 and 7),

Also we had 3 clear cut chances to their one, on the whole we were better than them, just maybe not getting the goal fest we were hoping for, but I can live without that.

We struggle when we are pressed in my opinion, and it is a hard situation to be in, we are too well respected by the opposition.

Challeenge now is keeping that respect (which stops teams looking to attack us so freely), while improving the team to cope when we are being pressed in possession.

When they opened up they pinned us back for long periods. If they'd have started like that they probs would have won.

He must be telling Williamson and krul to do it. They've done it so much surely he'd have told them to f***ing stop it if he was against it. You don't see him getting angry about it, or saying we need to start passing along the floor more. Essentially it's his fault.

Are you serious?

Of course I'm fuckign serious. What in that sentence suggested I wasn't being? Norwich very nearly scored direct from a Krul kick that was cleared from their half. This was after a couple of other failed attempts at long balls. Is the only thing that'll make you realise how much of a bad tactic it is if the opposition score from it? A better striker and it'd have been 1-1.

we don;t have the players for big long high balls up top, man. We shoudln;t be doing it. Simple as that. Pardew could very easily tell them to stop doing it. It's not like they were under pressure most of the time they were doing it.

I suddenly got a question (not defending Pardew): what teams in EPL can consistently dominate the game throughout the 90 mins? Even against the teams like QPR and WBA?

Fulham and Swansea, while not "consistently dominating" have probably done it more than us this season.

I can ensure you Chelsea and Liverpool didn't.

He must be telling Williamson and krul to do it. They've done it so much surely he'd have told them to fucking stop it if he was against it. You don't see him getting angry about it, or saying we need to start passing along the floor more. Essentially it's his fault.

Krul maybe, Williamson as much as I think he a very decent defender (despite a slump) has never been a comfortable footballer so it's no surprise he will try and lump it. We don't have many options otherwise.

just curious. is it really that difficult to keep hold of the ball? is not rocket science.  just pass the f***ing ball and move, keep it in the midfield and pass it around.

f***ing hell , either these players are completely s*** or the manager is. or maybe even both.

Actually, when the opponents have 4 players upfront for pressing, most of the time it's either hoofing or a decent dribbling from the side backs. 

If your opponents are pressing forward away from home they are leaving themselves open to being countered if you have the team set up to exploit it.

Just watch Liverpool dominate possession when they come to St James Park later on this season.

Who are miles ahead of us which is to be expected considering how much they have spent.

We just need someone to calm us the hell down when we're under pressure, we fall to pieces. Whether thats Pardew, Krul, or a ball playing midfielder like Cabaye. Someone definately needs to step up in those moments, we dont deal with it atall well.

We continue trying to make something instantly rather than just passing it around the defence/goalkeeper & regaining control for a bit.

wtf?  do you watch football matches or do you just watch stats?

Both those sides are only missing  a real goalscorer, they create plenty of chances. Chelsea are getting back to their best now half the players aren't on strike.

Are you serious?

Of course I'm fuckign serious. What in that sentence suggested I wasn't being? Norwich very nearly scored direct from a Krul kick that was cleared from their half. This was after a couple of other failed attempts at long balls. Is the only thing that'll make you realise how much of a bad tactic it is if the opposition score from it? A better striker and it'd have been 1-1.

we don;t have the players for big long high balls up top, man. We shoudln;t be doing it. Simple as that. Pardew could very easily tell them to stop doing it. It's not like they were under pressure most of the time they were doing it.

"He must be telling Williamson and krul to do it. They've done it so much surely he'd have told them to f***ing stop it if he was against it. You don't see him getting angry about it, or saying we need to start passing along the floor more. Essentially it's his fault."

Williamson. Our only choice. Our only decent header at the back. Whatever he did we cannot drop him. To say this is Pardew's fault is way way OTT. It doesn't make sense.

Picked his team out of a hat today. Had we played against a team with any sort of attacking threat or intent then we wouldn't have won this. Substitutions were woeful as well. Getting fed up with him tbh.

Read this sort of nonsense so many times (we are 28 'lucky' games into the season), how were the subs woeful btw?