Alan Pardew

JH

I like to think that the early season style was about getting the team working and organised, once they got that we could open up a bit when in possession, not 100% sure about it though and although we did play it long at times I still maintain it was nowhere near as much as some on here make out.

The early season style is gone so I'm not even going to waste any time on that.

it's made us what we are, an evolution so to speak.

The graft and the organisation are the foundation for what we're doing now.

Guest BooBoo

As comical as it was, he lost suave points with that Irish jig on the lap of honour.

When was the last time one of our players was in the papers for the wrong reasons?

Apart from the excellent job he has done on the pitch side of things, Pardew has restored the pride of Newcastle United and the respect we have in the game.

He understands the role of the club in the region, he knows what it means to us and it is clear that he is instilling that into his staff and players.

When was the last time one of our players was in the papers for the wrong reasons?

Apart from the excellent job he has done on the pitch side of things, Pardew has restored the pride of Newcastle United and the respect we have in the game.

He understands the role of the club in the region, he knows what it means to us and it is clear that he is instilling that into his staff and players.

This

His man management, PR and general way he conducts himself are top class like. Add to that he does not seem tactically naive at all and seems to motivate the fuck out of our lads, hope he does not let it all go to his head because he could build something that will last at this rate. The way Cabaye, Cisse, Ba, Santon etc have settled has been incredible considering the issues we have had in the past with foreign players and being told its the first season and takes time to settle. Cabaye looks like he has been playing premier league for a good few years

Guest optimistic nit

definitely. just reading that city thread yesterday (on their forum). genuinely can't remember the last time i read such positive things about newcastle fans on another teams forum, and i actually think pardew and the entire backroom and playing staff at newcastle need to take a lot of credit for that. if a football team is being ran amateurishly i think fans can take some of the brunt of it, even if it isn't our fault (and of course any team being ran well and successfully is going to be more likeable, cause the fans are happier). we've been totally proffessional and a credit to the game for the last 2 years, and losing player like barton also has an effect. The media have had no excuse to write shit about newcastle lately, and have had to focus all their attention on telling us we're getting ahead of ourselves and will fall off at some point (lol). Something incidently that we all expected ourselves anyway, and i think we are just as shocked as the media that we are here with one game to go.

Shocked. but not quite as shocked as some of the fleet street doom mongerers. A lot of lazy journalism and its been no surprise to many on here of the standard of football were capable of playing. Very carthartic experience indeed all in all.

Guest BooBoo

Just had to delete a few of my old posts regarding his appointment. Some disgusting comments from me.

Felt like it was a grave insult to Pards to have them still there.

Just had to delete a few of my old posts regarding his appointment. Some disgusting comments from me.

Felt like it was a grave insult to Pards to have them still there.

Nice cover-up.

Just re-read the first 40 pages or so in my ongoing avoidance of exam revision. It was a huge gamble from Pardew to even consider taking the job from Hughton. Took some balls. Also glad that, for all the anger and bewilderment following the appointment, there wasn't any demonstrations or ridiculous scenes at the Liverpool match.

Guest firetotheworks

He can f*** off. There's a reason he doesn't have a job. I'd honestly welcome chants of 'Pardew out' or 'f*** off Joe' should either of these shits be in our dugout.

Oh dear. And mine was nowhere near the worst.