Alan Pardew

JH

No matter what happens on Sunday whether we finish 3rd 4th or 5th he has done a magnificent job, a job made even harder by the reception he got from us fans when he got the job.

I see no reason why this should be a one season wonder type situation, I for one CANNOT wait for next season to start, to go into a season with a real reason to have hope is amazing and that's down to Pards.

:clap: well done Alan well done

The thing I'm confident about is that this isn't a one off. He's displayed the ability to play tight and open, to set the team up defensively. He seems to learn and evolve from his mistakes.

Obviously players are very important, signings and retentions are key, but we could be looking at a great future with Pards IMO.

I said a couple of months ago that he could be looking at Fergie-style longevity here, and while that might be a bit much I think it's valid to say that the way he works with Ashley/Del Boy means he has the potential to be in his job for many years if he wants.

Newcastle's Pardew and Carver live on BBC Newcastle

Newcastle United manager Alan Pardew and assistant John Carver are special guests on BBC Newcastle's Total Sport programme on Friday, 10 May.

Pardew and Carver will join BBC commentator Mick Lowes from 1900 BST for an hour-long Q&A session.

Pardew has led the club back into Europe for the first time since 2006-07 with a guaranteed top-five finish.

The Magpies have a genuine chance of reaching the Champions League, but are already installed in the Europa League.

In addition signings such as Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba and Papiss Demba Cisse have also drawn praise for the club's scouting team.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18008021?

We had a horrendous preseason, too.  I was in Kansas City for the HBA injury - the whole affair was a bit of a joke, really.  It was incredibly hot and the whole US trip was a fiasco.  Cabaye couldn't travel, Tiote had the ridiculous visa issue returning to England, then you add the Barton/Enrique nonsense and the fact that so many people were still doubting and questioning him even up until January and beyond and you realize how miraculous the job he's done has been.

He has got the players playing for each other and for the city.  He's turned fucking James Perch into Perchinho, Williamson into a much better CB than he's ever been, Ryan Taylor into a decent squad player, Danny Simpson into someone inexplicably linked with Chelsea, Obertan into...well, you can't win them all.  And Ba, Cabaye, and Cisse all adapted with little (Ba) or no (Cabaye, Cisse) difficulty to the league and the team. 

We've finished above Chelsea.  We might just finish above Arsenal and Spurs, too.  We're playing attractive football, we kept 15 clean sheets, we only lost three times and won 11 at SJP, we're everyone's 2nd favorite team again, we're all the rage in France, and we barely spent any money in the process. 

It is a staggering accomplishment.  Seriously, taking it all into account, it might be one of the best managerial jobs of all time.

I think it just shows why football is so gripping, endearing and addictive.

It's beyond belief really that considering his appointment and the devastation shown on this board, he could have his name sang from the stands as he danced on the pitch some 18 months later, basking in a job incredibly well done.

Fuck off man :lol: all it shows is how fickle and short-termism the vast majority of football fans are. Not to mention the extreme lengths some people on Internet forums will spout vitriol just to feel like the zealot at the front of a worthy crusade.

The whole anti-Pards stuff was based on conjecture (gambling debts), anger (CH's sacking) and cynicism (Ashley put to make money from the club).

It's amazing how attitudes change in a short space of time with a few wins under the belt.

Sadly, I doubt all of the recent 'converted' would be so pleased of we were 'just' 7th though.

I think it just shows why football is so gripping, endearing and addictive.

It's beyond belief really that considering his appointment and the devastation shown on this board, he could have his name sang from the stands as he danced on the pitch some 18 months later, basking in a job incredibly well done.

f*** off man :lol: all it shows is how fickle and short-termism the vast majority of football fans are. Not to mention the extreme lengths some people on Internet forums will spout vitriol just to feel like the zealot at the front of a worthy crusade.

The whole anti-Pards stuff was based on conjecture (gambling debts), anger (CH's sacking) and cynicism (Ashley put to make money from the club).

It's amazing how attitudes change in a short space of time with a few wins under the belt.

Sadly, I doubt all of the recent 'converted' would be so pleased of we were 'just' 7th though.

Well then... this is one of the worst posts I've read on here :lol:

Work it out yourself :thup:

Guest optimistic nit

We've finished 5th at worst, man. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No shit sherlock :D

to be honest i think that needs to be said as often as possible on here. i wonder when we will be able to say it next time.

Guest elbee909

If the bloke doesnt win manager of the season ill be gobsmacked

Watch it go to Roberto Di Matteo :yao:

Nah, Kenny Dalglish will get it because they won a match at home against Chelsea.

Just been told Alan Pardrew called the chairman of Dunston UTS & invited the team over to train at the training ground in preparation of their trip

to Wembley on Sunday.

Top bloke..  :thup:

Pards believes in karma what you give is what you get returned..

Pards believes you cant appreciate real love til youve been burned..

Pards beleives the grass is always greener on the otherside..

Pards believes you dont know what you got until you say goodbye..

Just been told Alan Pardrew called the chairman of Dunston UTS & invited the team over to train at the training ground in preparation of their trip

to Wembley on Sunday.

Top bloke..  :thup:

:clap: :clap:

Is this like a much gayer version of the Norris jokes?

Is this like a much gayer version of the Norris jokes?

It's Affirmation by Savage Garden.