Alan Pardew

JH

Wasn't sure where to stick this, probably more relevant to here than the Tiote thread...

Just stumbled across this again, looking back it's great to watch and also quite interesting. http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9407235.stm

The tide had just begun to turn in Pardew's favour after the 4-4 and it now seems like this was something of a statement of intent.

Some quotes that stood out:

"He's a young player, he's dynamic and that's what we want the team to be." (:notbad: mission accomplished so far)

"Mike wanted to make that statement [that we're not a selling club] with Cheik."

"I think he understands the club now. I think he wants to try and build something and hopefully this is the start of that."

Tiote also mentions making the top 5 next season, he knew. :snod: He also looks so young without his Mr T haircut. :aww: :lol:

Magpies fans can share a drink with manager Alan Pardew and first-team coach John Carver and put questions to them next month.

The Newcastle United Foundation will host 'An evening with Alan Pardew and John Carver' in the Bamburgh Suite at the Sports Direct Arena on Monday, 13th August from 7pm.

BBC Newcastle's Mick Lowes will compere the event, giving supporters the chance to talk to them about the coming season with all money raised going to the club's official charity, which works with 37,000 youngsters and families every year to encourage learning and healthy eating by using their passion for football.

Tickets are priced between £22 and £32, including food and drink, and are on sale now. There will also be a raffle and an auction on the evening, with some exciting items expected.

"Alan and John have both been in my studio a few times in recent months, but this will be a great chance for fans to ask them questions directly," said Mick Lowes.

"The pair of them work well together both on and off the pitch, and I'm sure nobody will be disappointed with the banter and insight they'll provide on the night. I'm looking forward to it already."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120723/an-evening-with-pardew-and-carver_2281670_2857909?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Guest WashyGeordie

May be gigs

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11678/7928472/Pardew-No-Toon-progress

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew has admitted the Magpies are no closer to bringing any of their key transfer targets to St James' Park this summer.

Pardew is looking to build on last season's impressive fifth place finish and is keen to bolster his ranks with the added games that their forthcoming Europa League challenge will bring.

FC Twente defender Douglas and Lille's France international full-back Mathieu Debuchy are both on the radar of the North East outfit as they aim to bolster their backline.

And Liverpool striker Andy Carroll remains another possible addition this summer, with the Magpies having seen their initial attempt to re-sign the England international on loan rebuffed.

But Pardew has admitted that all deals which Newcastle are involved in discussions over are currently deadlocked as the respective parties wrangle over money.

No agreement

"There's no real progress," Pardew told The Chronicle. "The two clubs need to make an agreement on the finance side about the players we're talking about.

"Unfortunately, there's no agreement at the moment."

Meanwhile, striker Papiss Cisse returned to action in Saturday's pre-season friendly draw with Fenerbahce in Austria and drew praise from his manager.

Pardew said: "I always intended to give Papiss a little bit, but I'm winding back on him more than building up with him because, as he showed, he's ready to go.

"He had a great couple of efforts. A couple of turns were exceptional."

Expect a couple of signings tomorrow then :shifty:

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think this is a positive in many ways!

It's all about the clubs agreeing a deal, which means the rest seems to be sorted ?

Guest Howaythetoon

Magpies fans can share a drink with manager Alan Pardew and first-team coach John Carver and put questions to them next month.

The Newcastle United Foundation will host 'An evening with Alan Pardew and John Carver' in the Bamburgh Suite at the Sports Direct Arena on Monday, 13th August from 7pm.

BBC Newcastle's Mick Lowes will compere the event, giving supporters the chance to talk to them about the coming season with all money raised going to the club's official charity, which works with 37,000 youngsters and families every year to encourage learning and healthy eating by using their passion for football.

Tickets are priced between £22 and £32, including food and drink, and are on sale now. There will also be a raffle and an auction on the evening, with some exciting items expected.

"Alan and John have both been in my studio a few times in recent months, but this will be a great chance for fans to ask them questions directly," said Mick Lowes.

"The pair of them work well together both on and off the pitch, and I'm sure nobody will be disappointed with the banter and insight they'll provide on the night. I'm looking forward to it already."

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20120723/an-evening-with-pardew-and-carver_2281670_2857909?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Canny, just booked a few seats.

It's all about the clubs agreeing a deal, which means the rest seems to be sorted ?

The clubs involved have to agree a fee before we speak to them (the players).

Guest sicko2ndbest

The clubs involved have to agree a fee before we speak to them (the players).

I think it's naive to think we havnt spoke with the advisors already.