Alan Pardew

JH

Guest bimpy474

Pretty obvious from what Pards is/has been saying, he really wants Carroll.....trust him i guess.

Guest pont-toon

"John used to say to me about certain players, 'Just wipe your nose and move on,'”

“And I think [Liverpool] are going to have to do that with Andy.”

“I think it was obvious, as soon as Brendan went into Liverpool, that Andy’s time was going to have to be somewhere else,”

“I think it’s quite right we’re involved in that. Whether he comes here, is something that I will take or I will leave.

“It’s a lot of money for [Newcastle supremo] Mike Ashley - although we’ll obviously be getting a big upside in terms of what we sold him for - and we’ve got three great strikers here already.

“But of course, as the manager, I want the best players I can get.”

“Whether it’s £15million, £16million or £20million, if [Rodgers] uses that money and gets an uplift in the player that he brings in, that’s okay,”

“And that’s how you’ve got to look at it.”

Pardews interview was played yesterday on radio Newcastle...42 mins into the programme.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/p00vqc46

Guest pont-toon

I'm sure Llambias used the 'wipe our own nose' thing in one of his financial updates. Pards probably taught him it.

he used the business term "wipes its own face" ie income covers expenditure

yeah it's getting like one of those scenes in the inbetweeners which isn't one of the "we all do that when we're young and daft" scenes but one of "these are infuriating twats" scenes.

yeah it's getting like one of those scenes in the inbetweeners which isn't one of the "we all do that when we're young and bant" scenes but one of "these are infuriating bants" scenes.

I can't see Carroll playing well in a 4-3-3 unless he was in the middle, but surely Cisse will get that spot? I know we need cover but Cisse, Ba and Carroll all wanting the same one position isn't going to work. So if we DO get him I imagine we're back to 4-4-2. Carroll and Cisse/Ba in a 4-4-2 could be fucking lethal, but then you're looking at who will play on the wings.

Jonas on the left and Ben Arfa on the right doesn't feel like it would work for me. Carroll needs good balls in, which Jonas has consistently proven he can't deliver, at least not from the left. Likewise with Ben Arfa on the right, he'd have to jink back inside onto his stronger foot all the time. Maybe switch them? But then is Ben Arfa really a winger at all? He couldn't play just behind the front 2 as we'd have Tiote and Cabaye in the middle, and we need width for Carroll.

Not sure where I stand on this one at all.

yeah it's getting like one of those scenes in the inbetweeners which isn't one of the "we all do that when we're young and daft" scenes but one of "these are infuriating twats" scenes.

Good bants.

A little story to share about Pardew... One of my distant uncles works for the police/Newcastle as head of security or something like that. Checks out all the hotels before away games, and obviously home matches. Boxing day last year when we where due to play Bolton away he was due to travel down there on Christmas Day and do final checks on the hotel to ensure everything was alright for the players and staff etc.

Anyways, Pardew told him no father should be away from his family at Christmas. Gave him the day off and told him to spend it with his family. Top man. Top manager. Respect to the man.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/news/north-east-news/2012/07/29/toon-tea-lady-would-love-to-serve-mike-ashley-79310-31496857/2/

TOON MANAGERS' TEA ORDERS

ALAN PARDEW: Tea, 1 sugar.

SIR BOBBY ROBSON: Coffee and 1 and 1/2 sugars.

KEVIN KEEGAN: Tea, 1 sugar.

GRAEME SOUNESS: Tea, 1 sugar

RUUD GULLIT: Tea, no sugar.

SAM ALLARDYCE: Tea, 1 sugar

JOHN CARVER: Tea, no sugar.

:lol:

Pards sometimes says the odd thing that grates on me, things like 'Mike has put a lot of money in' or 'We cant do anything if someone bids big for one of our players' - the odd comment. But overall, when I read his interviews, he really seems to be growing into this job and I cant help but be impressed by him. Reading his interview in the Sunday Sun this morning and talking about complacency and keeping things fresh, really gets me up for the new season.

I honestly think Pards could be here for a good few years which would be pretty remarkable considering our usual manager turnover ratio.

Keep it up Pards lad.