Is Mike Ashley the worst person ever to have been associated with NUFC?

AlanSkÃrare

Are there any owners in the Premier League which are worse?  Blackburn's guys are off to a shaky start but they've certainly not managed to make as many obvious utter fuck ups and completely humiliate the fans of their club a much as our lot.

It's not the lack of spending that concerns me or even the disasterous hirings and firings so much as the lack of truth in the little bits of information handed out in the PR statements. Everything that comes from anyone in a position of power at the club has to be taken with a grain of salt as they attempt to lie, deceive and mislead the supporters (and from the looks of it the staff) at almost every opportunity. I guess it is hardly surprising though as the only time the club issues a PR statement is during the midst of another crisis where they feel the need to offer justification and reassurance to the supporters that they are later happy to backtrack upon.

Aren't our prices common knowledge anyway? They probably just didn't get round to responding to the survey because we now only employ 2 office staff.

A day out at SJP is pretty good value compared to a lot of Premier League clubs. A bottle of water is £2.20 at Arsenal FFS.

I can't imagine any other owner making such a mess of a transer window that was all there "for the taking". Especially considering the decent start we had to it.

Why is the decent start forgotten about because things have gone a bit quiet though? That's what I don't understand.

I can't imagine any other owner making such a mess of a transer window that was all there "for the taking". Especially considering the decent start we had to it.

Why is the decent start forgotten about because things have gone a bit quiet though? That's what I don't understand.

:lol:  howay man ian

Things haven't just gone quiet though, they've got considerably worse.

It's because the decent start has been followed up by fuck all. Which is unbeilevably frustrating given that we've got money to spend.

:doh:

Mike 'Howard Hughes' Ashley is just reverting to previous form. Before he bought Newcastle, hardly anyone knew anything about him, he now seems to be the shadow man again and this includes stopping anyone from knowing anything truthful about the club. Newcastle's caught in a joke of a position where the players are saying things they shouldn't be saying on twitter and Ashley's not saying things he should be saying. Messy

Doubt he had owt worthwhile to say tbh. Like we didn't have more than enough debacles under him.

That's never stopped Freddie having an opinion though, but you're right, it will just be more meaningless guff. Never mind.

He didn't say much interesting. Just the usual saying they handled it a bit extreme and handled his contract negotiations badly.

He also said a football club should never be a PLC  :laugh2: to which Keys said why were you then, Shepherd said they did it for £50m for the stadium expansion.

He said he's been offered 6 clubs in the last 12 months, wants to get back into football, would love to be with Newcastle but Ashley won't sell to him.

Guest johnson293

He didn't say much interesting. Just the usual saying they handled it a bit extreme and handled his contract negotiations badly.

He also said a football club should never be a PLC  :laugh2: to which Keys said why were you then, Shepherd said they did it for £50m for the stadium expansion.

He said he's been offered 6 clubs in the last 12 months, wants to get back into football, would love to be with Newcastle but Ashley won't sell to him.

Just listened to it - that sums it up - says he'd love to buy us back, but theres a price for one person, and another price for Freddie Shepherd.

Also, they asked him if he'd handle the whole Barton situation differently, and he didn't answer, just skirted the question.

But did say he wouldn't have been bothered about Barton's twitter messages, and he had a lot worse in his last days, that just went over his head.