Is Mike Ashley the worst person ever to have been associated with NUFC?

AlanSkÃrare

Guest TheSummerOf69

wayne bridge then, get man city to pay half his wages

great business

all our transfer dealings should be followed by "great business" now imo

12m for Milner. Great business sense.

14m lost on Milner (to be worth 26m) + 30m lost from relegation + at least 10m lost from crowds, sponsorship and merchandising

= Clueless football business sense.

It's all just a little bit of history repeating.

great business

14m lost on Milner (to be worth 26m) + 30m lost from relegation + at least 10m lost from crowds, sponsorship and merchandising

:sadnod:

great business

Pretty simplistic, and very hindsight-tastic.

great business

Beginning to wonder why the club didn't send a man to guard Maddie the night she disappeared as well.

great business

Beginning to wonder why the club didn't send a man to guard Maddie the night she disappeared as well.

Ashley took Maddie :yikes:

great business

the specifics aren't really important ian, it's decision-making and timing that are virtually identical...obviously the outcome of this shit still remains to be determined

Guest TheSummerOf69

great business

I was saying at the time that it was short-sighted to sell our best young players, but...

Alright, let's look at the next few years. No hindsight needed. I hope and pray that the new signings are great, bed in well and quickly, stay injury free, and aren't sold at the first sign of them being any good. But if I had to put my predictive skills on the line I'd say that I foresee a relegation battle ahead - sometime in the next 3 years, if not immediately.

How about you?

great business

I was saying at the time that it was short-sighted to sell your best young players, but...

Alright, let's look at the next few years. No hindsight needed. I hope and pray that the new signings are great, bed in well and quickly, stay injury free, and aren't sold at the first sign of them being any good. But if I had to put my predictive skills on the line I'd say that I foresee a relegation battle ahead sometime in the next 3 years. How about you?

I don't see a relegation battle this season, hard to say in the future. Now that more of our players are on deals that fit into Ashley's masterplan (!), I'm hoping we'll see less big player sales. If that comes to pass, we should be fine with more of the types of signings we've been making in the past.

By "fine" I mean not getting relegated and maybe finishing in the top 10, unless some of our cheap signings turn out to be very good.

great business

I was saying at the time that it was short-sighted to sell our best young players, but...

Alright, let's look at the next few years. No hindsight needed. I hope and pray that the new signings are great, bed in well and quickly, stay injury free, and aren't sold at the first sign of them being any good. But if I had to put my predictive skills on the line I'd say that I foresee a relegation battle ahead - sometime in the next 3 years, if not immediately.

How about you?

Can't see a relegation battle ahead tbh. I think we'll sign a couple of players and finish halfway up the table for the next couple of years. We could finish higher but I think we won't invest enough to stop players leaving, but the prices they'll fetch will mean we'll always buy enough players to keep us in the division.

Guest Antec

This bloke's pushing him hard for this years biggest idiot owner award, go on my son

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14389239.stm

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov defends Jefferies sacking

Page last updated at 11:13 GMT, Wednesday, 3 August 2011 12:13 UK

* E-mail this to a friend

* Printable version

Vladimir Romanov Romanov has a history of making bizarre statements to the media

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has attacked the media reaction to his sacking of manager Jim Jefferies.

Jefferies was removed after an 18-month spell and has been replaced by former Sporting Lisbon coach Paulo Sergio.

In a statement, Romanov said: "Judging by the pre-planned squeals the media monkeys are making, Hearts has hit the point with the move.

"With only one competitive win in 15 games, only fools and idiots would not raise questions and suspicions."

Jefferies was appointed manager at Hearts for a second time on 29 January 2010 after the departure of Csaba Laszlo and led the club to third place in the Scottish Premier League last season.

His long-time colleague and assistant Hearts boss Billy Brown was also sacked on Monday, while first-team coach Gary Locke's position is under review as Sergio becomes the latest in a long line of managers during Romanov's seven-year tenure.

Continue reading the main story

"I now understand why Scotland is in 61st place in Fifa rankings behind such poor football countries like Lithuania, Albania and Gabon

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov

"I now understand why Scotland is in 61st place in Fifa rankings behind such poor football countries like Lithuania, Albania and Gabon," added Romanov in the brief statement on the club's website.

Romanov offered Jefferies a director of football role at the club, which the 60-year-old turned down.

Jefferies told BBC Scotland he would have felt uncomfortable stepping upstairs and working with the man who replaced him - and accepting a position while assistant Brown was leaving the club.

Romanov was at Tynecastle on Sunday to watch Hearts lose 1-0 to Dundee United, having started the season with a pair of 1-1 draws - away to Rangers in the SPL and at Paksi in the Europa League.

The language used by Romanov in his statement has echoes of a website entry posted in February 2007 entitled "Monkeys go home!" which questioned referees' integrity.

It also took aim at journalists and the football authorities and Romanov was given a suspended fine of £25,000 by the Scottish Premier League after it ruled his comments had broken league rules.

Meanwhile, former Hearts chairman George Foulkes has told the BBC that Jefferies was removed for standing up to Romanov's interference.

Foukles was chairman of the club when Romanov bought his majority shareholding, but resigned in 2008 in protest at the dismissal of chief executive Phil Anderton.

"That was my problem," said Foukles. "I stood up to him and I had to go, because I wasn't prepared to work with someone who wasn't going to listen to me and take advice from someone who was on the ground in Scotland and Edinburgh."

"Jim Jefferies, I think, has also suffered as a result of that."

This bloke's pushing him hard for this years biggest idiot owner award, go on my son

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14389239.stm

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov defends Jefferies sacking

Page last updated at 11:13 GMT, Wednesday, 3 August 2011 12:13 UK

* E-mail this to a friend

* Printable version

Vladimir Romanov Romanov has a history of making bizarre statements to the media

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov has attacked the media reaction to his sacking of manager Jim Jefferies.

Jefferies was removed after an 18-month spell and has been replaced by former Sporting Lisbon coach Paulo Sergio.

In a statement, Romanov said: "Judging by the pre-planned squeals the media monkeys are making, Hearts has hit the point with the move.

"With only one competitive win in 15 games, only fools and idiots would not raise questions and suspicions."

Jefferies was appointed manager at Hearts for a second time on 29 January 2010 after the departure of Csaba Laszlo and led the club to third place in the Scottish Premier League last season.

His long-time colleague and assistant Hearts boss Billy Brown was also sacked on Monday, while first-team coach Gary Locke's position is under review as Sergio becomes the latest in a long line of managers during Romanov's seven-year tenure.

Continue reading the main story

"I now understand why Scotland is in 61st place in Fifa rankings behind such poor football countries like Lithuania, Albania and Gabon

Hearts owner Vladimir Romanov

"I now understand why Scotland is in 61st place in Fifa rankings behind such poor football countries like Lithuania, Albania and Gabon," added Romanov in the brief statement on the club's website.

Romanov offered Jefferies a director of football role at the club, which the 60-year-old turned down.

Jefferies told BBC Scotland he would have felt uncomfortable stepping upstairs and working with the man who replaced him - and accepting a position while assistant Brown was leaving the club.

Romanov was at Tynecastle on Sunday to watch Hearts lose 1-0 to Dundee United, having started the season with a pair of 1-1 draws - away to Rangers in the SPL and at Paksi in the Europa League.

The language used by Romanov in his statement has echoes of a website entry posted in February 2007 entitled "Monkeys go home!" which questioned referees' integrity.

It also took aim at journalists and the football authorities and Romanov was given a suspended fine of £25,000 by the Scottish Premier League after it ruled his comments had broken league rules.

Meanwhile, former Hearts chairman George Foulkes has told the BBC that Jefferies was removed for standing up to Romanov's interference.

Foukles was chairman of the club when Romanov bought his majority shareholding, but resigned in 2008 in protest at the dismissal of chief executive Phil Anderton.

"That was my problem," said Foukles. "I stood up to him and I had to go, because I wasn't prepared to work with someone who wasn't going to listen to me and take advice from someone who was on the ground in Scotland and Edinburgh."

"Jim Jefferies, I think, has also suffered as a result of that."

he's winning at the moment, at least when Ashley only just makes daft decisions and keeps his gob shut

The Michael Jackson statue at Craven Cottage puts the Fulham owner right at the top of the worst owner charts IMO.

He did lift Fulham from the wilderness to the Premier League and a European final tbf to the fruitcake. Not quite on a level with wor Mike.

Guest Antec

The Michael Jackson statue at Craven Cottage puts the Fulham owner right at the top of the worst owner charts IMO.

Worse than Ashley?  :lol:

The players keep tripping over MJ'S outstretched leg

That's why the Fulham fans sing songs in favour of their owner at every match, he probably has more support amongst his fans than any other owner in the league.

Saying all the above I'm not sure how many fans will buy the Michael Jackson range: http://shop.fulhamfc.com/retailprods.aspx?cat=139&h=56