Deathwatch: When will Pardew be sacked?

CaliMag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't believe some people actually voted for the Science Fiction/Fantasy option. :lol:

I can see it given the ideas the Board seemingly have about running us as a child farm, the lack of self-respect Pardew may now have, and the deal they may have cooked up as a result. I can even see him never being sacked - only leaving on his own accord because he's successful enough to earn a proper job at an actual football league competitor.

I can't believe some people actually voted for the Science Fiction/Fantasy option. :lol:

I can see it given the ideas the Board seemingly have about running us as a child farm, the lack of self-respect Pardew may now have, and the deal they may have cooked up as a result. I can even see him never being sacked - only leaving on his own accord because he's successful enough to earn a proper job at an actual football league competitor.

That's what my vote was for.

he will get us relegated then leave.

nailed on.

Probably the way things will pan out. Ashley will probably already have stuck a few quid on it.

Is there any financial benefit for Ashley in seeing us get relegated again? Unless he's got some sort of weird betting scam going (not that I'd ever believe that to be possible, I mean...it's just speculation on the back of what Martin Samuel was writing about in the Daily Mail.)

Actually nothing like the Souness appointment really, though which is more gutting is debatable. At least with that one we knew we had a Board that would pull the trigger on a shit manager who wouldn't have us competing.

That's the beauty of this situation. The Board, in real terms, don't want the club to be TOO successful - that's the idea we've had introduced to the club. Hughton was too successful. He created a great team spirit, a bond between men who would fight for each other, didn't want to leave and wanted the club to do well. Meaning they wouldn't obediently fuck off when a 'decent' transfer offer came in, or ignore injustices against their fellow team members like the unenlightened teenage cannon fodder Ashley normally employs in his mass scale, pile-tatty-shit-high retail operations like SportsDirect.

TOO MUCH success, TOO MUCH momentum is a danger to the security of this plan. What's desired now is players who want to use this place as a stepping stone, to put in a season or two's good performances on cheap wages before being moved on for identikits of their two year younger, 'ok for a middling team but will come good in a couple of years' selves, aided by a support cast of mercenary cloggers who don't mind a career of staying on somewhere they're hated.

Battery Farm FC.

This is worthy of a thread, ironically.

he will get us relegated then leave.

nailed on.

Probably the way things will pan out. Ashley will probably already have stuck a few quid on it.

Is there any financial benefit for Ashley in seeing us get relegated again? Unless he's got some sort of weird betting scam going (not that I'd ever believe that to be possible, I mean...it's just speculation on the back of what Martin Samuel was writing about in the Daily Mail.)

He could make a few quid while taking no real risks. It could be argued that Pardew has as good a chance of keeping us up as Hughton and there's a fair bit to be made on the sidelines with shock sackings/appointments.

Actually nothing like the Souness appointment really, though which is more gutting is debatable. At least with that one we knew we had a Board that would pull the trigger on a s*** manager who wouldn't have us competing.

That's the beauty of this situation. The Board, in real terms, don't want the club to be TOO successful - that's the idea we've had introduced to the club. Hughton was too successful. He created a great team spirit, a bond between men who would fight for each other, didn't want to leave and wanted the club to do well. Meaning they wouldn't obediently f*** off when a 'decent' transfer offer came in, or ignore injustices against their fellow team members like the unenlightened teenage cannon fodder Ashley normally employs in his mass scale, pile-tatty-s***-high retail operations like SportsDirect.

TOO MUCH success, TOO MUCH momentum is a danger to the security of this plan. What's desired now is players who want to use this place as a stepping stone, to put in a season or two's good performances on cheap wages before being moved on for identikits of their two year younger, 'ok for a middling team but will come good in a couple of years' selves, aided by a support cast of mercenary cloggers who don't mind a career of staying on somewhere they're hated.

Battery Farm FC.

Intersting post, but there a lot of assumptions that I would disagree with. 1. Ashley doesn't really want to own NUFC - he just wants it to be profitable enough for him to sell it and make money. He is not looking at the long term. He is only looking at getting operating costs down today (like selling high wage players and keeping the current players on low wages). 2. If we are relagated Pardew is gone. Ashley will pull the trigger on that one because he is a fickle bastard who doesn't owe Pardew anything and would just move onto the next thing (probably letting his 1st team coach taking over). 3. Pardew has't a f*cking clue what he is getting himself into. The fans will hate him from the start.... really hate him. The players we have are a collection of thin-skinned hot heads that are going to bite his head off given the chance and will feel no loyalty to him. Pardew will walk if he isn't pushed.

In any case I can't see him sticking around.

I am thinking he'll leave like Ruud Gullit saying: "I thought I knew how big a job managing Newcastle was. I was wrong."

Actually nothing like the Souness appointment really, though which is more gutting is debatable. At least with that one we knew we had a Board that would pull the trigger on a shit manager who wouldn't have us competing.

That's the beauty of this situation. The Board, in real terms, don't want the club to be TOO successful - that's the idea we've had introduced to the club. Hughton was too successful. He created a great team spirit, a bond between men who would fight for each other, didn't want to leave and wanted the club to do well. Meaning they wouldn't obediently fuck off when a 'decent' transfer offer came in, or ignore injustices against their fellow team members like the unenlightened teenage cannon fodder Ashley normally employs in his mass scale, pile-tatty-shit-high retail operations like SportsDirect.

Battery Farm FC.

It is worthy of a thread. According to some circles Hughton was sacked because he refused to have Beardsley as no 2 and wanted to appoint someone from outside the club. This was basically Ashley's way of slapping down a former minion who got above his boots and appointing a similar cheap low brand alternative. Pardew is the Lonsdale sweatshirt re-invented as a manager.

Actually nothing like the Souness appointment really, though which is more gutting is debatable. At least with that one we knew we had a Board that would pull the trigger on a s*** manager who wouldn't have us competing.

That's the beauty of this situation. The Board, in real terms, don't want the club to be TOO successful - that's the idea we've had introduced to the club. Hughton was too successful. He created a great team spirit, a bond between men who would fight for each other, didn't want to leave and wanted the club to do well. Meaning they wouldn't obediently f*** off when a 'decent' transfer offer came in, or ignore injustices against their fellow team members like the unenlightened teenage cannon fodder Ashley normally employs in his mass scale, pile-tatty-s***-high retail operations like SportsDirect.

Battery Farm FC.

Intersting post, but there a lot of assumptions that I would disagree with. 1. Ashley doesn't really want to own NUFC - he just wants it to be profitable enough for him to sell it and make money. He is not looking at the long term. He is only looking at getting operating costs down today (like selling high wage players and keeping the current players on low wages). 2. If we are relagated Pardew is gone. Ashley will pull the trigger on that one because he is a fickle bastard who doesn't owe Pardew anything and would just move onto the next thing (probably letting his 1st team coach taking over). 3. Pardew has't a f*cking clue what he is getting himself into. The fans will hate him from the start.... really hate him. The players we have are a collection of thin-skinned hot heads that are going to bite his head off given the chance and will feel no loyalty to him. Pardew will walk if he isn't pushed.

In any case I can't see him sticking around.

I am thinking he'll leave like Ruud Gullit saying: "I thought I knew how big a job managing Newcastle was. I was wrong."

It keeps being said that Ashley desperately doesn't want to hang around, but I disagree with that assumption. He's started acting like it isn't the case, and his historic personal stubborness would suggest he at least wants to score several points before he makes an exit. I think he's learned lessons from the past 18 months experience and they amount to the idea that the stuff above can work for him. He wants to make a success of the plan he started out with, he wanted to do it and keep us 'customers' happy with our sacred trinkets like Keegan, but it didn't work and he now thinks he can do it without us anyway, certainly so long as we keep shelling out to attend games.

Even a constant presence in the premier league isn't necessary in these circumstances. The fact he appointed Hughton when he now clearly never believed he could ever be a good manager for the club helps show this - I don't believe he assumed we'd get promoted, and I don't believe he's assuming we now, under Pardew, won't get relegated.

I'll give you one thing - there's a chance he's looking for a firesale that will bring in a buyer before this summer's three-year season ticket deals come to an end, but this 5 1/2 year deal and the trouble he's gone to to get Pardew in over the past three months suggest he's plenty prepared to persevere.

Re: Pardew, I don't think he's that thick to be fair - he's had months to work out what he's getting into and actually admitted today he wasn't looking forward to the day of his appointment. If he believes he's got rock solid support from the Board, he may not mind the thoughts of the fans and the players as certainly a lot of the latter won't be around too long. Maintaining the morale and spirit of 'this group of players' is not the aim of Ashley's club. Strike-breaking will take place, followed by profiteering and encouraging the remainder to 'play for their own pride'. The plan demands it.

80:

I don't think Pardew is thick. I think he is arrogant (not always a bad thing, in fact mandatory for a good manager). His arrogance that he can make it work with the fans and the players when in fact it is well beyond his, or just about anyone's, ability.

RE: Ashley - I think he just got stuck with us. He doesn't want to sell for less than what he thinks NUFC are worth (stubborn), but I don't think he wants to keep us either.

80:

I don't think Pardew is thick. I think he is arrogant (not always a bad thing, in fact mandatory for a good manager). His arrogance that he can make it work with the fans and the players when in fact it is well beyond his, or just about anyone's, ability.

RE: Ashley - I think he just got stuck with us. He doesn't want to sell for less than what he thinks NUFC are worth (stubborn), but I don't think he wants to keep us either.

Wants to start putting for sale signs up then instead of fucking Sports Direct ones

80:

Wants to start putting for sale signs up then instead of f***ing Sports Direct ones

Makes us more attractive as a salable asset. SJP has already been defiled so another rebranding is less of a big deal. Those signs are easily replaced by SAMSUNG or EMIRATES or whatever as far as permitting goes.

i'll give him 5 weeks!  defeat off the mackems will be the final nail in his coffin.

Sunderland wins against NUFC always end up working out good for NUFC.    They helped get Sir John to take over beating us in the play offs(if we'd gone up that year McKeag would have kept control with us being in the 1st Div) and got rid of Gullit which meant Sir Bobby came in.

i'll give him 5 weeks!  defeat off the mackems will be the final nail in his coffin.

Sunderland wins against NUFC always end up working out good for NUFC.    They helped get Sir John to take over beating us in the play offs(if we'd gone up that year McKeag would have kept control with us being in the 1st Div) and got rid of Gullit which meant Sir Bobby came in.

I don't think you've quite caught up with the fact that the game has changed here, quite a bit. A mackem victory no longer holds the same currency, Pardew would be more than safe. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me to discover Ashley derived some pleasure himself from watching Toon fans get irate about it.

If Ashley planned to sack him at any point other than complete club meltdown, he wouldn't have given him a 5.5 year deal. He'll be here until its absolutely necassary that he goes. Even if we get relegated, imo.

If Ashley planned to sack him at any point other than complete club meltdown, he wouldn't have given him a 5.5 year deal. He'll be here until its absolutely necassary that he goes. Even if we get relegated, imo.

Exactly. He's planning for disaster, anything better will be a bonus.

Sometime between now and the end of the season.

He won't be able to stand the pressure from the media, lack of respect from the players and hatred from the fans. He's probably lost the dressing room before he's even started :lol:

He doesn't seem to have much balls about him, so probably walk. I just hope he hasn't done that much damage by then.

Didn't I read somewhere that there was a 'no compensation' clause and the 5 year was his demand?

Yes. There is a no compensation clause. Don't know on the 5 year demand. But I can still see him being here for a good while. He's Ashley's buddy. And I don't think either will give a shit whether they're liked by anyone. If Kinnear didn't have the heart problems, I would bet my life he'd still be here. Think the same will happen here.