Newcastle United 3 - 1 Liverpool - 11/12/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

Guest Howaythetoon

Excellent win, excellent atmosphere. How shite are Liverpool though? They are seriously average. I'd say we have a better midfield than them take away Gerrard. The true state of Rafa's legacy, a team of average players?

Back to the Toon, I thought Carroll was immense and only overshadowed by Barton in terms of performance. Defensively we were poor with Campbell look like a wreck once again. I'd love to think it is down to lack of matches but I think its down to simply not being good enough any more at this level.

Pardew... to his credit he played a low key role today I thought, it seemed to me like he was trying his level best to keep out of it, i.e. the match, the players, the atmosphere, the whole thing. He didn't celebrate the goals in a typical fashion, didn't shout and bawl or show many gestures and he pissed off down the tunnel as soon as the whistle went. I don't rate him, don't like him and wish he wasn't a part of our club but he did the right thing.

Overall I am very pleased with the team today and the performance and I'm extremely delighted with the 3 points, a fully deserved win.

I fucking love this extreme insane fucking joke of a football team. I'm going mad right now....There's now logic here...Just insane. I'm going mad. I'm dead, I'm off. I cant stand this. Goodbye I love you Newcastle United, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton and Andy Carroll. Goodbye <3 NUFC forever.

:lol: :thup:

I fucking love this extreme insane fucking joke of a football team. I'm going mad right now....There's now logic here...Just insane. I'm going mad. I'm dead, I'm off. I cant stand this. Goodbye I love you Newcastle United, Kevin Nolan, Joey Barton and Andy Carroll. Goodbye <3 NUFC forever.

:lol: :thup:

Post of the day.

Really good performance that and fairly unexpected. I know Liverpool are horrifically poor compared to usual but I thought they'd take advantage and do a number on us today. Carroll and Barton were exceptional and took their goals really well. Just need to keep things ticking over for the next few games and get these tough fixtures out of the way, get up to 40 points and take stock of things.

Birmingham's a tough place to go but it's still winnable. 

Fans, although atmosphere wasn't the best, the applauding and very few boos of Pardew when he came on the pitch was something special.

Negatives -

Jose and Jonas seemed not to care today for most part.

Krul seemed to lose his head on some parts.

Then again this is only the few bits I saw of the game and can't comment on the rest.

Eh? ??? Atmosphere was top notch, players made the effort and the fans rewarded it!