Newcastle United 3 - 1 Liverpool - 11/12/10 - post match reaction from page 29

Dave

Made my third trip of the season from Norway to Newcastle this weekend. The two previous games I´ve seen this season was 6-0 vs Villa and 5-1 vs Mackems.  I´ve seen six goals from Kevin Nolan in 270 minutes of football. It´s fuckin crazy!  :celb:

I can beat that, just.  Last 3 home games.

Barnsley 6-1, Villa 6-0, Mackems 5-1.

Beating Liverpool 3-1 > Beating Barnsley 6-1

Made my third trip of the season from Norway to Newcastle this weekend. The two previous games I´ve seen this season was 6-0 vs Villa and 5-1 vs Mackems.  I´ve seen six goals from Kevin Nolan in 270 minutes of football. It´s fuckin crazy!  :celb:

I can beat that, just.  Last 3 home games.

Barnsley 6-1, Villa 6-0, Mackems 5-1.

Liverpool 3-1 >>>>> Barnsley 6-1 tbh

I think I can top all of that. I've never seen a defeat at SJP :snod:

I've never seen us lose away from home. (12 games IIRC)

27 games. 19 wins, 8 draws :snod:

My away record is

6 games. 3 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats. Not as impressive :lol:

Fuck me, the odds managing to choose 12 Newcastle away games without a loss must be about 17000/1  :lol:

Think I've seen us win about 3 away games  :nope:

I'm massively for jinxes, you need to send your stubs off to Ashley and him make you his lucky mascot.

27 games. 19 wins, 8 draws :snod:

My away record is

6 games. 3 wins, 1 draw, 2 defeats. Not as impressive :lol:

I've never seen us win (or even draw) live. Ever. :nile:

Overall 1 goal scored, 6 conceded.

Forgot to mention this yesterday, but I can't remember a goal celebrated more intensely in recent times than Barton's on saturday - with the exception of the derby a couple of months back, of course.

Everyone around me in the Gallowgate went absolutely mental, myself included.

Just noticed on thing when watching it again.

In the 54th minute, ESPN shows the attempts as Newcastle 1 and Liverpool 12 and attempts on target as Newcastle 1 and Liverpool 5. Did they just completely forget about Ameobis deflected shot that ended up just outside the post as well as Carrolls shot after he got the ball back from Ameobi?

Guest icemanblue

In the 54th minute, ESPN shows the attempts as Newcastle 1 and Liverpool 12 and attempts on target as Newcastle 1 and Liverpool 5. Did they just completely forget about Ameobis deflected shot that ended up just outside the post as well as Carrolls shot after he got the ball back from Ameobi?

Shurla was offside.

The Carroll shot you´re talking about was actually offside on Shola. He was offside when he played the ball back to Carroll.

Shurla was offside.

Right. Still, why not count Sholas shot?

Guest icemanblue

Shurla was offside.

Blocked shot, perhaps?

Shurla was offside.

Blocked shot, perhaps?

Then their goal shouldn't have counted as an attempt.

Guest prestonj1989

Not sure if it has been mentioned but did anyone see the trouble outside the leazes/milburn entrances with the Liverpool fans?

Guest Tall Striker

Not sure if it has been mentioned but did anyone see the trouble outside the leazes/milburn entrances with the Liverpool fans?

No?

I'm sure someone did.

Guest prestonj1989

No?

When I came out the turnstile (opposite LFC exit) I saw a group of our fans waiting and shouting abuse at the passing LFC fans just next to where the players drive in. Then all of a sudden I turn round and there is about 50 people charging down the underground bit and there is people on the floor scrapping causing the police horses to go mental. It later broke out on to the main road outside with LFC fans constantly charging and chasing our lot down towards the turn off to Shearer's bar.  Eventually the police managed to split the road with LFC one side and NUFC other.

My brother was in the away end and was near the front when it first kicked off - think he had a video of it. Anyhow they were chucking cans and snow at the police resulting in a stand off between them with batons ready.

I have been to a fair few away games and never seen that. There was also apparently trouble at half time with coins and cans being thrown into the LFC section. Apparently the LFC fans were rattled by some anti Liverpool chants involving notes being waved in the air.

No?

When I came out the turnstile (opposite LFC exit) I saw a group of our fans waiting and shouting abuse at the passing LFC fans just next to where the players drive in. Then all of a sudden I turn round and there is about 50 people charging down the underground bit and there is people on the floor scrapping causing the police horses to go mental. It later broke out on to the main road outside with LFC fans constantly charging and chasing our lot down towards the turn off to Shearer's bar.  Eventually the police managed to split the road with LFC one side and NUFC other.

My brother was in the away end and was near the front when it first kicked off - think he had a video of it. Anyhow they were chucking cans and snow at the police resulting in a stand off between them with batons ready.

I have been to a fair few away games and never seen that. There was also apparently trouble at half time with coins and cans being thrown into the LFC section. Apparently the LFC fans were rattled by some anti Liverpool chants involving notes being waved in the air.

Yeah there was a big scuffle during the game in the LC. I nearly got hit in the head by a coin. The usual chants were sang and generally in good humour, but the LFC fans didn't seem to show up and were really poor and boring and got wound up easily which wasn't at all like them.

Yeah there was a big scuffle during the game in the LC. I nearly got hit in the head by a coin. The usual chants were sang and generally in good humour, but the LFC fans didn't seem to show up and were really poor and boring and got wound up easily which wasn't at all like them.

It's easy to be in good humour when you are always winning.