Tevez withdraws written transfer request

dinotheprehistoricgeordie

He will only go to Spain and therefore will only go to Barca or Real. Nothing else makes any sense. Unless he really is homesick in which case he will go back to South America. But I can't see that.

Somehow though I think he is only trying to 'do a Rooney' and threatening to leave in order to get more money.

Very good statement that from City. Make Tevez out to look a bit of a bellend really.

"Indeed following his suspension as a result of the game against Bolton, Carlos requested, and was given, special dispensation by the Manager to take leave overseas.

"The written transfer request is in stark contrast to Carlos' stated position in both public and club contexts.

"Significantly, over recent months, the club has also received numerous requests from Carlos' representative to renegotiate and improve his playing contract as well as more recently a request to extend that contract by another year.

"However, in line with the club's policy of not negotiating playing contracts mid-season this has not been granted. Carlos' current five-year contract has three-and-a-half years to run and he is the highest paid player at the Manchester City Football Club.

Well, I for one admit that as a person, Tévez doesn't really have an easy situation. His ex-wife will never allow to move her daughters closer to him, so he has to travel all the way to Argentina in order to see them. It's not all about money (particularly when you don't have to worry about it).

Well, I for one admit that as a person, Tévez doesn't really have an easy situation. His ex-wife will never allow to move her daughters closer to him, so he has to travel all the way to Argentina in order to see them. It's not all about money (particularly when you don't have to worry about it).

A move to Barca should help...?

A move to Barca should help...?

Daily flights to Buenos Aires! :snod:

But Real Madrid are the ones looking for a striker right now (plus I can't see us ponying up what ManCity is going to ask).

Can't he just pay his ex to come to him? His situation isn't ideal, but isn't worth fucking his career up over when money should sort it.

strange isnt it, i know she and her family might not want to but for the amounts of money Tevez will make if he stays at city it would be a worthwhile move for her to come here for 5-6 years while tevez makes the millions to give the kids a lifetime of luxury. Theres more to life than money i know but if the whole thing is true its a huge waste of talent if hes not playing at the highest level.

Not saying he is the father of the year or anything, but he's always been a very emotional person and I can perfectly see this affecting him, particularly after spending a week with them.

Bollocks to this family shite man, Tevez & Kia have always been interested in moves & $$$$. It is the reason they were key figures in the "Corinthians project" & the reason for his jolly to WHU. A lot of people dont see the money grabber side of Tevez because he gives a 100% & kisses his club badge but for me he is right up there with Ashley Cole as being nothing but a shitbag off the pitch.

Not saying he is the father of the year or anything, but he's always been a very emotional person and I can perfectly see this affecting him, particularly after spending a week with them.

Bollocks to this family s**** man, Tevez & Kia have always been interested in moves & $$$$. It is the reason they were key figures in the "Corinthians project" & the reason for his jolly to WHU. A lot of people dont see the money grabber side of Tevez because he gives a 100% & kisses his club badge but for me he is right up there with Ashley Cole as being nothing but a shitbag off the pitch.

Absolutely true!

Tevez is one of the worst mercenaries in football, right up there with Cashley.

Also, if I was a manager and a player behaved like that on the pitch towards me, he'd have played his last game for the club.