Off the Beaten Track Players

Vinny Green Balls

Just curious, who everyone's favorite player of all time is besides the usual suspects.

Without doubt, mine  would be Ghoerghe Hagi.  I was lucky enough to see him play against Sweden in that heartbreaking quarterfinals of the '94 World Cup.  A true magician with the ball at his feet...unbelievable vision...brilliant freekicks...a deceptive burst of acceleration.  The man was unplayable when he felt up to it.

Honorbale Mention: Michael Laudrup ---> that pass to Ebbe Sand against Nigeria in '98...a pure stroke of genius.

Guest firetotheworks

David Ginola. I know he's nowhere near being the best player of all time, but he's definitely my favourite. I just loved his style of play.

How about Oleg Salenko for being such a horribly shit player who scored five goals against Cameroon, when the team basically went on strike during the game?  Rub it in to your own FA by letting Salenko score five.  Have a soft spot for him just because of that.  I could have scored a hattrick in that game.

Just curious, who everyone's favorite player of all time is besides the usual suspects.

Without doubt, mine  would be Ghoerghe Hagi.  I was lucky enough to see him play against Sweden in that heartbreaking quarterfinals of the '94 World Cup.  A true magician with the ball at his feet...unbelievable vision...brilliant freekicks...a deceptive burst of acceleration.  The man was unplayable when he felt up to it.

Honorbale Mention: Michael Laudrup ---> that pass to Ebbe Sand against Nigeria in '98...a pure stroke of genius.

Romario reckons he's one of the top three players of all time.  :thup:

only off the beaten track because of the cast of characters he played with: Rivelino.  Learning his famous move enabled me to humiliate opposing players 90% of the time.  And his precision freekicks into the wall.  Loved how th eBrazilian player would just duck or jump up, and he would put it in the hole created.