Enrique  6

Routledge  7

Barton  7

Tiote  6

Jonas  5

Nolan  5

Carroll  7.5

Ranger  6

I thought we played well, but wasted a lot of chances and basically pissed the game away before the 5 minute mark.

Why the hell did Coloccini keep following Tevez out of defence at the start of the game?  People can predictably slag of Taylor all day long but Coloccini allowed himself to be dragged out of position a few times in the first ten minutes and their players were just running into the space behind.

Coloccini redeemed himself by putting in some good tackles but its pathetic to single Taylor out for the bad defending.  Once you have a scapegoat though...

That's what a proper CB should do, and Tiote should move back to cover Colo's position. 

Sorry like but i thought we did well considering Krul gave them the game - Tevez was the difference between the teams and the ref was a joke.

Thought only Gutierez and Krul were poor , for me, the rest of the lads did really well against possibly the most horrible bunch of twats I have seen this season.

We deserved a draw.

Why the hell did Coloccini keep following Tevez out of defence at the start of the game?  People can predictably slag of Taylor all day long but Coloccini allowed himself to be dragged out of position a few times in the first ten minutes and their players were just running into the space behind.

Coloccini redeemed himself by putting in some good tackles but its pathetic to single Taylor out for the bad defending.  Once you have a scapegoat though...

yes enrique covered for colo a few times.

That's what a proper CB should do, and Tiote should move back to cover Colo's position. 

Not really, just let Tiote pick up Tevez when he drops deep then we keep our shape.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Sorry like but i thought we did well considering Krul gave them the game - Tevez was the difference between the teams and the ref was a joke.

Thought only Gutierez and Krul were poor , for me, the rest of the lads did really well against possibly the most horrible bunch of twats I have seen this season.

We deserved a draw.

:clap:

Chris Foy always seems to have a shocker when he refs our games. I'm really starting to detest Man City, not because of their money, but their tactics and players are dirty twats. Even James Milner was leaving studs in and diving into tackles - JAMES MILNER!

Not really, just let Tiote pick up Tevez when he drops deep then we keep our shape.

Well to be honest Tiote is marking Yaya Toure.  I understand your point but to let Tevez turn on the ball easily and run at Colo/Saylor is extremely dangerous.

Their 2nd goal is pure quality.  Let it go.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

this was a pretty undeserved loss according to the match stats.

We 'controlled' the game and played the better football. Man City just sat back and kicked us on the field because we had gave them a 2-0 head start. Even their 3rd came from a huge deflection. Sadly, it'll go down as a 3-1 defeat and everyone will think Man City are a super force.

The treatment of Andy Carroll by first Kompany and the Lescott was a disgrace as well

What made me laugh is Foy held back booking them until he really had to. Yet, both of City's subs came on and were booked after their first foul... nothing bookings to justify himself.

Well to be honest Tiote is marking Yaya Toure.  I understand your point but to let Tevez turn on the ball easily and run at Colo/Saylor is extremely dangerous.

Their 2nd goal is pure quality.  Let it go.

I think you can use either tactic really and a midfielder could drop back but our tactics seem to be based around keeping our shape.  We don't do crazy pressing and players try to stay in position, Colo seemed to go against that today.  He was good after the first 10-15 mins but it was  bad start to the game.

the stats only read that way cos the away side went 2 goals up after 5 minutes. i would expect any home premiership side in the same situation to have the lion's share of possession and the away side to sit back and sit on their lead, forcing the initiative onto us. we failed to rise to that challenge - for all we had the ball, the amount of crosses, knock downs etc we failed to create genuine chances at goal until ranger came on. and as often happens in these situations, they picked us off and added another one.

just looking at the stats, reflecting on our possession, the fact we attacked for most the game and concluding that this means we played well, is just pointless without acknowleding the reason behind those stats.

Thought we did alright considering we basically handed them the points after 5 minutes. Rest of the game we played reasonably well and had a go at it, we'd have snatched a draw if Tevez hadn't of scored the jammy goal.

Meh. City are cunts.

the stats only read that way cos the away side went 2 goals up after 5 minutes. i would expect any home premiership side in the same situation to have the lion's share of possession and the away side to sit back and sit on their lead, forcing the initiative onto us. we failed to rise to that challenge - for all we had the ball, the amount of crosses, knock downs etc we failed to create genuine chances at goal until ranger came on. and as often happens in these situations, they picked us off and added another one.

just looking at the stats, reflecting on our possession, the fact we attacked for most the game and concluding that this means we played well, is just pointless without acknowleding the reason behind those stats.

My sentiments as well. The statistics don't portray the game in the correct light.

We 'controlled' the game and played the better football. Man City just sat back and kicked us on the field because we had gave them a 2-0 head start. Even their 3rd came from a huge deflection. Sadly, it'll go down as a 3-1 defeat and everyone will think Man City are a super force.

The treatment of Andy Carroll by first Kompany and the Lescott was a disgrace as well

What made me laugh is Foy held back booking them until he really had to. Yet, both of City's subs came on and were booked after their first foul... nothing bookings to justify himself.

You could see they were trying their luck early doors to see what they could get away with and must have been delightd when they ,basically, had a free hand to do anything they wanted - Barton got a boat load aswell

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

How was Routledge? Heard he did well.

I thought that he was the best player in black & white until the prick took him off.

:sadnod:

Once he realises he can beat the opposition fullback he seems to really enjoy the game.

Routledge was our best player apart from Carroll. I really like the lad, he's got loads going for him.

Needs to learn how to cross the ball more effectively though.

He put it right on Carroll's head at least 4 times.

Routledge was our best player apart from Carroll. I really like the lad, he's got loads going for him.

Needs to learn how to cross the ball more effectively though.

He put it right on Carroll's head at least 4 times.

Floated a glorious ball onto Carroll's head in the first ten mins that Carroll really ought to have put away.