Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think most of you all know I disagree. No issue using the main site on mobile devices. (Depending on if your mobile device has a decently sized screen, that is)

I don't really care because I use tapatalk now, but not a single sensible web-standards group would say using the full version of this site on mobile was acceptable. By all means do it, but don't try and claim you're not niche af.

Out of the mobile options, I prefer the (still existent) WAP version anyway. It just needs to be publicized better.

Yup. No idea why something that wasn't broken was "fixed." Been using the mobile version for years, as 99.9% of web browsing occurs in the web browser. Having to get an app like Tapatalk to access web content is so early smartphone years. Most companies are going the opposite way, of making their desktop versions mobile friendly.

Anyways, I'll have to figure out a way to live with this, I suppose. I'll try the WAP link Wullie posted.

Usually log in daily. When I did see issues I figured it was a temporary quirk or just my phone acting up. Didn't realize the mobile theme / feature was actually broken. Is it a thematic issue, do you need more money to get it fixed? I can contribute / pay. Yes, I miss the mobile theme that much :)

Usually log in daily. When I did see issues I figured it was a temporary quirk or just my phone acting up. Didn't realize the mobile theme / feature was actually broken. Is it a thematic issue, do you need more money to get it fixed? I can contribute / pay. Yes, I miss the mobile theme that much :)

The changed hosts iirc, due to the old one being outdated and as a consequence the mobile site isn't supported with the new hosting company.

I'll have a look in due course as to getting a proper mobile theme back but it's way down the priority list considering the thing has been barely functional recently if I'm honest. Sorry.

Haha, no worries. Now it makes sense, and totally understandable.