Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I was in the forum moments thread and all of the links to the hilarious posts didn't work. Big shame if they're gone, like.

They're not gone, the links just don't point to the right place any more. You could copy and paste them in your browser and change the URL and they'll work.

If you're expecting one of us to go through everything and edit all the links though then I'm sorry but that's not going to happen.

Guest firetotheworks

I'm not expecting that at all. [emoji38] I just assumed that the place they were linking to had gone, not that every link was pointing to the wrong place.

Nah we created a clean install of the forum in /forum/ to get rid of all the problems. It was in /nufcforum/ for years and years before that. Normal links within the forum structure are automatically updated but links within posts won't be. The content is still there though, because the database is still the same. So best I can offer is you copy/paste and take nufc out of the URL.

They're not gone, the links just don't point to the right place any more. You could copy and paste them in your browser and change the URL and they'll work.

If you're expecting one of us to go through everything and edit all the links though then I'm sorry but that's not going to happen.

Could be solved with a simple url rewrite rule at the server. Nothing could go wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

What happened?

Not a fucking clue. Database appeared to be corrupted, was expecting to have to restore a backup. Looks like they've sorted it, but I've no idea what the problem actually was.

Are you having to do anything in the way of GDPR, Dave, or would that all be down to SMF?

Nothing at all so far, just got some training on that the other day at work funnily enough. Sounds like a proper minefield when it comes to forum posts.

I'd imagine SMF would have to build the functionality in, but I think we'll at least need updated Ts & Cs on here. Cookie policy definitely. The right to be forgotten would be the nightmare, if someone says they want all their posts removed then all historical data has to go. Do SMF send correspondence and updates about development stuff?