Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

God knows why they've chosen this for tv. In terms of quality it could easily be the poorest top flight game of the weekend.

It probably means it'll be the best of the weekend.

Guest neesy111

He is the only one with any premiership pedigree if shola is not fit for purpose!

I would rather see a drunk Supermac than that idiot upfront.

he was an english international as a striker, cant be such a mad choice considering a) we dont have strikers and b) at least he wont fark up the midfield

who the hell are you? and did you just register to post such bollocks?

If he wins us the game I'm all for it, it's about time he scored.

That's a bit like saying if James Perch wins us the game I'm all for it. If Keegan couldn't get goals out of Smith what makes anyone think Pardew will?

tbh, i'd rather smith up front as opposed to making ridiculous tackles around his own box. much rather he made them up the field. hes about as likely to score as krul though.

That's ridiculous. Whether he's playing upfront or as a holding midfielder he's dead weight. We're essentially down one man and playing at a disadvantage because he offers literally nothing for us and a few set pieces in promising positions for the opposition.

If he wins us the game I'm all for it, it's about time he scored.

That's a bit like saying if James Perch wins us the game I'm all for it. If Keegan couldn't get goals out of Smith what makes anyone think Pardew will?

Like I said, it's about time he scored for us. Anyway it doesn't matter, this is Wigan away. We are so unlucky here that even if we scored 10 goals today we'd probably still lose.

he was an english international as a striker, cant be such a mad choice considering a) we dont have strikers and b) at least he wont fark up the midfield

who the hell are you? and did you just register to post such bollocks?

and welcome.