Robbie Keane - ja oder nein?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Geremi, Duff, Butt, Smith, Owen... Robbie Keane.

Let someone else make the mistake this time, please.

I agree. It has all the signs of another failed signing. Although our squad is so weak that a loan deal would be well worth it.

If we're looking to sign someone permanently we'd be better off spending our money on someone who isn't a journeyman and has actually scored and played competitive football in recent history.

Definitely looking to sell RK as a preference but it's not sell or nothing.

Levy has quoted West Ham £6m or £2m as a loan fee, RK's agent is apparently wanting £1m bonus if they avoid the drop and that's on top of £65k pw.  I don't think he'll wind up at West Ham, there's a lot of bad blood over the Olympic Stadium

£2m for 5 months. :lol:

I did say a sale is very much the preference.   :lol:

Of the teams that are asking about him you're the best option club wise, but there is a sentimental pull from Wolves and his missus likes London, there is a young nipper as well.

I've no idea where he might end up and I certainly wouldn't have a bet on any possible destination. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I just can't understand anyone saying no to him. Just look at the rubbish we have to partner Carroll.

Its the fear he'll just be another flop ala Owen and Co. Suppose it all depends on Robbie Keane's mentality and how much he really wants to play football. A loan option would be the best I'd hope for (if we did go for him). Not too fussed if we don't get him though, not that I have any other names to put out there as an option.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I voted yeah...but meant to vote loan! haha

But he'd be welcome in my eyes. Quality finisher and streets a head of our current AC partners.

He'd be a hit I reckon.

Alan, Alan Smiiiith! Alan, Alan SMIIIITH!

Robbie, Robbie KEEEEEEEANE! Robbie, Robbie KEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEANE!

Unless Spurs were after a massive loan fee then it would be a low risk transfer, so even if he was a flop there wouldn't be much to lose however if he is as good as we know he can be then it would be a gamble that is worth taking, imo.

Can't get enthused about this. He's better than Lovenkrands, so from that point of view he'd improve the squad, but I'd rather we went for a more imaginative choice.

Keane looks good in flashes, but is too easily blotted out of a game.

We're the best it gets for Robbie Keane, I think. And he's the best it gets for us, at this moment in time.

Make it happen.

This.

Anybody who would rather have Shola/Best/Loven upfront needs to re think. He might not be the player he was 5 years ago but he's so much better than what we've got.

And it would be nice for somebody to actually have a clue where to run for AC's knock downs and interperet where the ball will land.

Guest sicko2ndbest

He's on the decline, no thanks.. even if it's a loan. We can find cheaper and better options..

Like who? Genuine question btw

Elmander

Djalo

He's on the decline, no thanks.. even if it's a loan. We can find cheaper and better options..

Like who? Genuine question btw

Elmander

Djalo

Cant see Elmander not signing a new contract at Bolton. And the Djalo has 18 goals in 82 games for Sporting?

Guest Stephen927

We've had Geremi, Butt, Duff, Viduka, all players on the decline when they signed here, but it's not something you can hold against Keane. You have to judge each player on their own merits, Keane would offer a lot for the next 6 months, he's much, much better than every striker at the club bar Carroll. I'm apprehensive about taking him on a permanent deal, I don't think he'd expect anything more than 2 year contract but obviously if the other clubs offered more than I'd hope we'd fall out of the running for him unless he's happy to sign for us on a shorter deal than over the likes of Birmingham and Wolves.

A loan would be perfect but it's not realistic at this moment, unless we set up a loan with a view to buy after he plays so many games, like with Ben Arfa.